Who, What, Why, When, Where & How?

Deleted User - 819397

Elizabeth had lost herself in the music, no longer playing to be found, but rather to keep hearing the melody, when someone called out. She abruptly stopped and put her horn down gently. She went over to the vent the voice had come from. She had by this point recognized the voice as belonging to James, but playing music had, as always, made her feel as nothing was wrong in the world, so it was with no malice she called out through the vent, "James, it's me...the doors sealed on me...both sides. Any idea on how to get me out of here?"

DeletedUser25825

Ziv moved cautiously through the ship. As she rounded a corner, she found James and Mandy standing outside of a door. She moved up to them and listened to the conundrum. She looked at the door, and heard Elizabeth calling out from inside. She said, "Maybe leverage help? I try and find lever." She moved off down the hallway and nearly ran head long into Sh'Siquar'Na. She smiled at the tall being, and moved around her and off down the hallway.

DeletedUser28032

Oh good she was still talking to him, at least until he got her out anyway. With Ziv searching for a lever of some sort James decided to try another option afterall she could be some time what with all the detritus scattered in this ship. Inserting the knife behind the control panel he started to lever it out of the wall with any luck he could rewire the door mechanism and open it that way. With a final push the panel popped out hanging from several scorched wires, examining the insides James grimaced at the tangle of fire damaged wires that lay within "Mandy do you know anything about electronics?" he asked as he examined the box for some kind of solution "I mean I've got some experience with wiring but this is a little beyond me" what neglected to tell her was that this experience came from hacking electronic locks and burglar alarms a fact he decided to keep to himself for now.
Twisting two loose cables together James jumped back from the panel swearing loudly in Irish as several sparks flew and a motor started to whir noisily somewhere nearby, the door however was still imobile, well that had done something but what he didn't know. "Elizabeth this may take a little longer than I initialy thought so you hang in there, you play very well by the way do you do requests?"

DeletedUser25825

Sh'Siquar'Na approached the humans trying to help Elizabeth. She watched James work with the wires, and chuckled as he jumped back from the panel, which sparked. She looked at the two, then at the door. She spoke a question as she pointed at the door. She looked up at the vent as she heard Elizabeth's voice coming from the other side. She looked back at the humans and narrowed her eyes.

DeletedUser

As Darek was searching through the scattered junk, he heard a French horn playing some distance away. He instantly recognized the melody as Pachelbel's Canon in D major. Although he generally wasn't fond of classical music, it was one of his favorites back on Earth. He then noticed James and Mandy trying to open a door, and Sh'Siquar'Na, as usual, blathering away in her unintelligible language. He silently wished that MIDROS were still charged up. That thought gave him an idea. Presumably, somewhere on the ship there was some way to recharge her. If they could find it, they could stay in contact with Sh'Siquar'Na, at least for the time being.

Deleted User - 819397

Elizabeth frowned as she heard a small electric charge and James swearing. She smiled at his question as to requests. "Now isn't really the time, is it?" she asked. She looked at the panel that had started this...it was still red. "I might be able to do something from in here...but electronics isn't my forte, and any messing around with the control panel that activated the doors might make it permanent. I'll look for a possible power supply to cut off." She looked for several fruitless minutes...it seemed that nothing was even partially exposed. She returned to the vent. "I can't find anything...any progress on your end?"

DeletedUser

Tawfiq quietly listened to the events transpiring between his companions. Then he heard a familiar sounding sort of song. He paused, what was it? Parbols, Paknells, no it was Pachelbel's Cannon, although without an entire ochestra. Nonetheless Tawfiq was drawn towards the sound and discovered from the continuing conversations that one of their companions, Elizabeth was trapped behind the door. Tawfiq stepped forwars, "I have some explosives, perhaps they would work. Maybe slightly better than what the Irishman is doing?"

DeletedUser28032

James persevered with the door's wiring for several more minutes, however the wiring didn't seem to follow the same concepts as wiring on earth, for instance the live supply was yellow which he found out when it sent a small charge up his already scorched fingers causing yet more swearing on his part. Twisting two more cables together James watched in horror as some kind of blast door began to rapidly descend only by ripping the wires clean out of the panel did he manage to reverse the process. "This hopless without a wiring guide I am more liabe to lock her in" he cursed loudly, kicking the door in frustration.
It was at this point that Tawfiq arrived, his suggestion of explosives casting some light at the end of the tunnel, he just hoped that it wasn't an oncoming train "Elizabeth how big is that room your in? Tawfiq says he may be able to blow the door open using explosives" turning round to face Tawfiq James asked in a low voice so as not to alarm Elizabeth "Are you certain that you can blow these doors open without killing her, they look pretty thick?"

Deleted User - 819397

Elizabeth looked around, then said "I'd guess it's about 40 feet long and 20 feet wide, but that's just a rough estimate. I guess it comes down to how strong the charges are...too strong and the door will come hurtling at me long room or not." She tried not to let nervousness creep into her voice, but she wasn't sure how successful she was.

DeletedUser

After entering the ship David headed straight for his primary target deck four and room 323A#S upon finding it, which he sould have guessed their numbering system was way off than what he was used to, he surveyed to room and felt a thread of hope it was full of military spec fire-proof cargo boxes. He drew his Glock and used the Tac-Light as a flash light as he searched but quickly found that every box had been emptied out of momentary frustration he kicked a few off the boxes and they flew across the room and he noticed one six foot long and about a foot tall box under one of the shelfs that he had not gone threw so he quickly drug it out and opened it and was excited to see the scavengers had missed it also, after reading the box stenciled lettering which read "1086" he went through the box the first thing he noticed was his patrol pack sitting in it. he quickly removed it and put it on his shoulders but the rest of the box was useless as all the ammo that was in there ware all previously fired so no good.
David drug a box over and sat his pack on it and proceeded to go through it. most of all that was in there in Egypt was still there but his comm system and gps were both gone but wouldnt do any good if he had them. he found 4 spare mags for his glocks that he always kept in his pack along with his 6 spare M4 clips which he quickly put in his vest pouches and a knife which he attached to his vest but most everything else was survival gear duck tape, gun cleaning kit, 2 MREs, a bundle of 10 Hooah bars, flash light, flint and steel, a few pair of socks, a spare black T-Shirt which he quickly put on, and a few extra items. he put the pack back on and went to help the others try and see what he could do to help. when he met back with his fellow companions and saw what was going on he looked at the door and in response to James' question he said "a small enough charge will blow a hole in the door and she should be fine if she gets on the same wall as the door in the furthest corner away because the blast energy will go to the opposite wall, but we would need to get away cause this side would get the most energy from the blast.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28032

After all they had been through when it came to survival James had learnt that David knew what he was talking about and so trusted his judgement in the matter, nodding in agreement "Did you get all that Elizabeth? find yourself somewhere safe?" James called through the vent to her. Striding off towards the next room James knew this was desperate but what choice did they have? throwing his thumb over his shoulder in the doors direction he shouted "Tawfiq blow that sucker down" and pray to god this works because I wont be able to live with myself if it doesn't.

DeletedUser13682

After Rolf had successfully found his ammunition, some strange music, not sounding unlike the victory music from Final Fantasy, maybe a motion sensor in this part of the ship that didn't get taken off or something. He shrugged it off, and walked around some more, hoping to maybe find some more useful or curious items. Though largely unsuccessful, Rolf still enjoyed the exploration, he got to study the alien cultures. Curiously, they took anything they wanted, but why they thought a high school medal had the same importance as a WWI ration, nobody will ever know how they survived, and nobody will probably ever know how these aliens think.

Interestingly enough, there were many people of the group of human survivors that were congregated around one specific door, that Rolf happened upon during his wanderings. Rolf, like any normal human, decided to walk toward the door, and find out what was so interesting about it. From conversation that he heard, Rolf learned that one of their own, the musician, the female one, was stuck on the other side of the door, and they were trying to get her out, specifically through explosives. Communication was through an air vent. That got Rolf to thinking. "People, people. Before we try to blow this door up, and possibly cause severe damage to this thing, or anybody here, why doesn't the woman climb through the air vent. There's an opening on both sides, and it looks big enough for her to crawl through, on this side at least."

Deleted User - 819397

Elizabeth had begun to back away from the door, looking for a place to keep herself safe during the blast when Rolf made the suggestion about the air vent. She called out, "The vent is welded shut. Even if we had a welding tool, it would take far too long and give the aliens more time to find us here. This..." and here she faltered for a second. "This is the best option." She quickly packed her horn away and after a quick scan of the room determined behind the closet was the safest place, and it seemed to be well away from the door. She positioned herself in what she thought was the best way to avoid shrapnel and called out, "Ready..." Then, to herself, "as ready as I'll ever be for this, anyway..."

DeletedUser

Tawfiq took out about a quarter of his explosives, the door was clearly quite heavy and would take some kind of bang to knock over. As he laid the explosives in the best possible position to send the door collapsing without sending it flying like a missile. The idea of removing the vent was then shortly entertained but the room's occupant insisted and the detonation caps were already set in any case. Tawfiq then warned Elizabth to take cover and got everyone a safe distance from the door. He then detonated the caps.

The entire hall echoed with an almost hollow boom and a massive cloud of dust swwept through the ship's cavernous halls. In the cacophony the sound of steel crashing into the floor was heard above all.

DeletedUser28032

James busied himself in the next room grabbing much needed items in order to keep his mind off of Elizabeth's plight and his inability to help. He'd just found a Zippo lighter and a bottle of whiskey under an old crate when the explosives next door went off.

The explosion thundered around the ship like some enraged beast bellowing in fury, a deafening roar closly followed by a cloud of dust shot through the room causing him to stagger drunkenly into a wall from the unexpected pressure it brought. With his hands braced against the wall for support James waited for the ringing in his ears to subside before venturing into the dust filled room next door to survey the carnage.
The door was gone, not a single scrap remained inside the frame, bending down to look at something under by his foot he realised to his amazement that it was the vents cover, blown clean off and sent flying several feet from where it once stood. Walking slowly to where the door once stood he called out uncertainly into the smoke and dust, his voice muffled by his jackets sleeve as tried to prevent the noxious stuff entering his mouth and nose, although didn't stop him from coughing uncontrollably several times. "Elizabeth are you in there? speak to me"

Deleted User - 819397

The explosion was something unlike anything Elizabeth had ever seen or heard. However, after it was over, she couldn't describe it. In fact, she seemed to have developed some sort of a block about it...she couldn't remember what she had even felt during it. She slowly shifted herself away from the closet. Smoke was pouring through the hole that the door had been...the door had found a new home on the floor. She wondered if Tawfiq had gone a little overboard with the explosions. The vent's cover had also been shot the length of the room in the blast, which meant the welding job had been poor...in any case though, she was out. Just as she was about to grab her horn and head out to thank Tawfiq and the others when she heard James call out to her, coughing heavily due to the smoke. She considered letting the whole matter of the few minutes prior to her being locked away drop, but then realized that wouldn't change James as a person...therefore she simply said, "I'm here. I'm fine." Now we'll see if he truly was sorry for his earlier actions...she thought.

DeletedUser

As the smoke cleared, Darek decided to have a look at the room Elizabeth was imprisoned in minutes ago. In the corner, he saw something familiar. Apparently, she had found his knives and brought them along, and forgot about them. He snatched them up and began talking in Polish to them as if they were people, in such a manner that any good psychologist would've thought he was insane: Maciej, what's been up, man? Has Piotr been bothering you? Jacek, are you looking at Kasia's hindquarters again? You're acting like James. You know, the guy with the guitar. Oh, you haven't met him yet, have you.

DeletedUser25825

Ziv returned with a piece of scrap long enough to act as a lever, but found it unnecessary since Tawfiq apparently had pocketed explosives, and was rigging the door. She took cover with the rest of the people and covered her ears as the explosion ripped the door away. She waited for the smoke to clear and to learn Elizabeth's ultimate fate. She smiled when she heard the woman respond positively, and waited for the next course of action.

Sh'Siquar'Na

The alien watched the humans quietly, and tilted her head to the side as Tawfiq went about his rigging task. She allowed herself to be shooed away from the doorway as the rest took cover. She jumped startledly as the explosion occurred and looked into the hallway curiously after the veritable dust settled. She moved to the entry and looked at the damage the explosives had caused and then at Tawfiq. She moved down the corridor.

As she turned a corner, a shrill, piercing screech filled the corridor. It forced all present to cover their ears as the cry continued for a few more seconds. Sh'Siquar'Na came running back into the corridor speaking rapidly in her own language as her tail whipped back and forth rapidly. She too was forced to covers her ears as the shriek was again heard throughout the corridor. Sh'Siquar'Na drew her energy weapon and said, "Szh'oren!" She waved her free hand at the humans to move along the corridor toward an apeture created by the crash.

She climbed out onto the hull and looked along the alien landscape. She pointed at a small cloud of dust in the distance, which was approching the Kalemia saying, "Da". She tapped her ears and produced a perfect mimic of the sound of the explosion they had all just been part of, minus the volume, and then pointed at the dust cloud saying, "Szh'oren da." She looked at the assembled humans, spread her two fingers apart and pointed at Ziv and Elizabeth, and then down at MIDROS, and then at the hole. She stepped up to David, and tapped his M4 with her hand and then pointed at any of the others who were displaying weaponry.

She looked at the dust cloud, which was approaching fast then back at the humans. She tapped David's rifle once again, then her own forehead. She shook her head. She tapped her chest and ribs and shook her head. She tapped her forearms and then her thighs and nodded. She placed her two fingers on top of her palm, and made them to look as if running. She then mimiced a perfect rendition of David's rifle firing, and then crumpled her two fingers and tipped her hand forward as though her little stick figure were falling. She drew her dagger from behind her, turned her face toward the alien sky, and dragged the edge of her blade near her exposed throat swiftly. She turned and pointed at the cloud, then looked at the humans. She nodded, pointed at their weapons, tapped her limbs again, and then made the throat cutting gesture again. She turned to face the oncoming cloud. She sat down, straightened one leg and bent the other. She set her blade down next to her, and rested her forearm on her raised knee as she steadied her aim with the energy weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28032

James stumbled into the wreckage strewn room, thick clouds of smoke and dust blinding him and causing him to cough heavily, the pain in his ribs that had lain dormant now for several hours flared up again. Holding his chest with both hands he grimaced in pain before continuing on into the room, caling Elizabeth's name.
Searching the room for her in the smoky confines of the room was proving more of a challenge than he'd initially thought though he eventually spotted her behind a fallen cabinet and apart from being covered in dust she seemed to be unhurt, at least to James uneducated eye anyway.

Shrouded by smoke and with Darek in the next room talking to his knives two days and we're already cracking up! James felt that now was as good a time as any "Elizabeth...Errm ... I think I need to say a few things to you..." it was at this point in his halting and extremely nerve rack apology that the air was split by a high pitched screech, covering his already ringing ears James waited for the sound to subside before exclaiming "what the hell was that?" the screech came again this time it sounded closer. Sh'Siquar'Na burst into the room briefly, waving her arms in a pantomine for them to follow her out of the ship "We'll have to resume this at a later date, We need to get moving" grabbing his bag and guitar James made ready to follow the alien outside.

DeletedUser

Darek finished talking to his knives, and left the room. He looked to his right to see a crowd of Szh'oren charging at the ship. When they arrived, Darek knew just what to do. He took his alien machete in his right hand, and Maciej in his left. He strapped the rest of his knives around his belt. He let out a deafening battle cry before charging at them, slashing one across the face. He knew he was taking an awful risk, but he didn't care anymore.