Who, What, Why, When, Where & How?

DeletedUser25825

As the group proceeded down the corridor, an all too familiar sound warned them to impending attack. They heard a popping and clicking not too far ahead in the darkness, which was followed by the whine of something powering up. A bright blue flash enveloped the hallway as a sphere of crackling energy arced toward them. The pattering of feet running away announced whoever had launched that attack was fleeing the immediate area.

DeletedUser

Tawfiq had drawn his sword and was advancing with the Irishman and the German. It was apparent there was something over there... Then suddenly that familiar strange cry of one of the many creatures who had previously assaulted them arose and it was all Tawfiq could do to dive somewhat ungracefully out of the path of the approaching energy sphere. He met the floor and quickly stood up to hear the creature retreating, however the blinding light from the energy field meant that his eyes once again had to adjust to the dark. He turned to see if his comerades were intact.

DeletedUser

During the attack of the creatures David used his years of experience to carefully take out his enemy with well placed shots while conserving his ammo. During the battle David managed to take out seven of the monsters with only firing as many shots and the ground crew did an excellent job taking out their targets and confirming his for him. As his companions entered the ship David waited outside till the last person had entered and was preparing to follow when the bright light flashed inside and he heard the sound, the same sound he will never forget till the day he dies. As the light faded he dropped into the ship and proceeded down the corridor to the source while rotating his M4 to his back and drawing his Glock he moved fast and low with his weapon at the ready. when he got to his companions he checked to make sure all were alright and asked what was going on, after he got caught up on the sit-rep he said to his companions "i think we all need to stay together to prevent us being picked off one by one and we need to find the others and worry about capturing it after the others are safe" "we should start by searching every room, corner, crack, or hole and we need to get whatever was removed from the cyborg back to.

DeletedUser28032

James was close enough to to see what he had been following, the creature in front of him was a 5' humanoid that much was clear, however it was still far too dark to make out any details.
Suddenly the creature spun round to face them with what was clearly a weapon in its tiny hands. The corridor was instantly lit up as the ball of searing blue energy shot down the corridor, blinded, James leapt to the floor, his ribs screamed in protest at the rough treatment they were currently receiving. He could feel the searing heat as it passed over his head, exploding somewhere further down the corridor.
for several seconds all James could see was a blinding white light before his eyes though thankfully it faded away, quickly plunging him back into darkness. By the time his eyes had re-adjusted to the dark it had fled.

David came running down the corridor from behind them, gun in hand, obviously one of the last to enter the corridor. James sat and listened patiently as David spoke and considered what he said before answering "If we had a prisoner though we could interogate it and possibly even trade it for the girls, as for MIDROS...well...her parts are liable to be in the same place as they are" Fixing MIDROS wasn't particularly high on James agenda at the moment.

Flicking on his Zippo, James examined his wounded arm, it was barely a scratch and was healing nicely. Pulling his jacket back over his arm James made ready to follow the alien "Well i doubt we'll catch him, but he might lead us to his friends and ours"

DeletedUser13682

The glow, that horrible glow, it would certainly cause temporary paralysis, or worse, if it hit anybody, that could not happen, the entire Human Expedition Force could be doomed, and Rolf wouldn't let that happen. "Volle Deckung!" he yelled, German for hit the deck. It was a natural reaction he had, no time to screen his response, to make sure it was understandable by all present. But, it seemed like they got the message anyways, or figured it out on their own. Either way, they all ducked, and nobody was hurt too bad.

"That's it," Rolf announced to the group, after they had satisfyingly recovered from the attack. "That little bugger is going to die, and we're going to kill his friends," Rolf paused for a moment, thinking. "Leave one of his friends alive, or him if there's nobody else, and get the women back. It'd be plain cruel if we left them out to dry on this alien planet. SO LET'S GO!" Rolf strode forward, feeling out in front of him, trying to go as fast as his partially blinded state would allow him to go.

DeletedUser

Retreating back to the ship with the others, Darek looked at the several creatures felled by the ones with firearms. "Great". he thought, "more friggin' marksmen. If this were an RPG, it'd be metagaming central". He himself only killed about three or four of them, though that number would obviously be higher if he had his rifle. He resasoned that if it were in the ship, the scavengers would've most likely taken it. He descended into the darkness with the others, and shortly after noticed the mangled circuits of MIDROS. MIDROS was one of their most important lifelines, so he thought he should try to fix her as soon as possible. Suddenly, Rolf shouted something in German, and they all dove for cover as a bolt of energy flashed by. The creature they had been pursuing was only a few meters away but he could barely see it in the darkness.

DeletedUser

Mandy looked at Sh'Siquar'Na as she looked at Mandy. Mandy shrugged and swung down through the hole. Just then, an energy bolt blasted through the corridor. Mandy clung to the ceiling to stay out of the way. After it had pasted and obliterated whatever had been in its way, Mandy dropped to the floor. She continued behind the others, bringing up the rear. She had no intention of being taken by surprise. She had watched Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25825

Sh'Siquar'Na slipped down into the ship after Mandy had. She landed soundlessly, and sniffed the ozone heavy air. She drew her energy weapon and muttered something in her own language. She moved with the group. She paused to examine MIDROS, squatted down, picked her up, and unceremoniously draped her over a shoulder. She proceeded down the hallway with the group. They quickly came to a cross corridor. Both ways were open enough to traverse, but neither showed any indication of recently being used. Sh'Siquar'Na looked at the humans and waited.

DeletedUser

Seeing that his comerades were intact Tawfiq found that Rolf was rather blind at the moment and paused to keeping him from bashing in his head into the wall after he started calling for everyone to charge head on into the situation. Tawfiq proceeded to guide Rolf until his eyes had adapted enough that he didn't go headlong into walls.

DeletedUser28032

Turning to look left then right James swore loudly, there was no sign of life down either corridor which meant that to have any luck in finding the alien or the girls they'd have to split up or risk missing them completly.
"We need to split up, theres no way we'll find them if we all stick together... its that or we flip a coin" there were seven of them including Sh'Siquar'Na which meant one group of four humans and a group of two humans and an alien that couldn't speak English. Also the fact that the two groups had no way of communicating between each other would make things very difficult for them especially if they were attacked along the way.
Turning to face the small group of humans the zippo held high to make the most of its meagre light James asked "So how do we want to do this then?"

DeletedUser

Tawfiq stepped forward after stopping Rolf from brashly smashing into another wall. "I believe my Irish friend that such matters should not be left to the forces of chance. However I understand what you mean we must divide, and divide ourselves carefully. I'd imagine that the group accompanying our alien friend can be lightly armed as we know her capabilities, however I suppose our second group would have to be those of us armed with stronger arms."

DeletedUser13682

Rolf continued forward, occasionally being groped by whom he found out was the explosive PLO guy. It was getting really very annoying, and Rolf turned to say such a thing. "Look, I don't care how you swing, just quit groping me! I have no interest in you, and repeted grabbings will not change that at all. Just quit it." Rolf stormed off, coming to a crossroads a minute later. He waited for the light to arrive, to decide which way to go.

The light helped, in some ways. For starters, he knew that there were only two directions they could go, the aliens could have gone either way, and there was no way of telling which direction they went. It was suggested that they split up, or flip a coin to decide which way to go. But Rolf, he didn't see two ways. He saw at least four ways the aliens could have gone. "I don't think our antagonistic friend went either way," annoucned Rolf to the group. "There is zero indication either way. A fleeing creature leaves traces, and there are zero here. It might be holed up in a room we passed but didn't bother to look into, or it could be in the air vents, crawling around where we would never find it. We have to consider all the possibilites here, not just the obvious ones. If we do split up, we'd be stretched extremely thin, and we don't know how many creatures there are. But I don't think we should go these two ways. I think we should check rooms we passed first."

DeletedUser28032

James watched as Rolf came blundering out of the dark, brushing aside Tawfiq's attempts to stop him plowing into a wall. Turning to Tawfiq James rolled his eyes in mock despair there was no helping some people.

"Well I think we can rule out the vents the last one we saw was welded in place, besides even if the alien was in the ventillation I doubt the girls are" James replied to Rolf's observation's.
Sitting down on the cold metal floor James placed the now very hot zippo on the floor next to him, his legs and chest were hurting pretty badly after the exertion of the fight and subsequent pursuit in the ship. "Well if Rolf and one of the others want to quickly check the rooms we passed on the way, the rest of us can look at organising the two groups" it shouldn't take too long for Rolf to check the rooms, as far as James could remember he'd only seen two doors on his way here and besides finding the girls so close and so quick sounded way too easy.

Rummaging in his back pack James produced a spoon and one of the tins of soup he'd found earlier. Stabbing the blade of his knife (Ok not all that hygenic but it'd do) into the tins lid twice he then proceeded to peel back the razor sharp metal. "I don't know about the rest of you but i haven't eaten in three days" James replied at the incredulous stares he received. The soup was cold and at least five years past its sell by but to James it tasted heavenly "Ok seen as I am only carrying a knife I'll go with Sh'Siquar'Na so if someone with a gun wishes to join me that'd make the teams even enough, also does any of you have a torch or a lighter?"

DeletedUser25825

Sh'Siquar'Na watched the humans mingle in the intersection of the corridor. She turned and headed off down the corridor, carrying MIDROS with her still as she cautiously peaked around the next bend. She turned and disappeared from sight. A slight tremor shook the deck of the Kalemia, and Sh'Siquar'Na returned. She spoke rapidly as she moved passed the humans, and headed down the corridor they had come from. She settled MIDROS down on the deck, and climbed up out of the rend in the hull, they had entered from.

She watched as a large ship soared above, and slowly settled down on the alien landscape. She crouched down and watched it for some time, and hissed as an opening appeared and a ramp began to slide down. Several bi-pedal beings descended. They were short, possibly five feet, but most less. They all held energy weapons similar to what Sh'Siquar'Na carried, and were dressed in metallic silver exposure suits. Their heads were bulbous, their exposed skin had a mottled gray hue, and their eyes were large and black. They converged as a group at the bottom of the ramp.

Sh'Siquar'Na dropped back into the ship and looked at any humans who had followed. She looked down at the defective MIDROS, and then at the humans. She stooped over, picked the small cyborg up and proceeded back down the corridor. When she got to the junction they'd been at, she set MIDROS down once more. She looked at the humans and covered her ears. She pointed at the group and then covered her ears again.

DeletedUser28032

The tin rattled and bounced down the corridor noisily. Picking up the zippo using a piece of rag James made ready to go down the left hand branch of the junction when Sh'Siquar'Na came running. He seen her leave earlier though he'd been more intent on his food than the antics of their eccentric alien friend.
He watched as she acted out what she wanted, James sighed deeply "More charades, I need to teach you some English" pointing at his chest said his name as clearly as he could before pointing at her and saying hers. The alien paused briefly as if to consider what he'd said before continuing. Defeated James covered his ears as asked, not that he'd given up though.

DeletedUser

As they were getting ready to split up their alien companion came stumbling back into the picture again. Tawfiq took one look at the motion it indicated and pulled out a pair of earplugs to jam in his ears.