Which pure to select?

DeletedUser

Which pure class is best to select?
I mean good income, fight, drops e.t.c.?

DeletedUser

All classes are pure, there are no subclasses in the game (which is too bad, but who knows what the future brings).

The best overall class fit for everything is a soldier.

Income and drops depend on your build and your strategy, not on your class. Oh, and there is a premium for increasing income and value of drops, plus there is a special item set for increasing the number of item drops. ;)

DeletedUser

depends on what you want to do. you can't be good at everything, so choose what you want to do. :)

DeletedUser

If I choose to go pure hider (adventurer) what advantages will I have?
Can I be a good in fort fighting? (or do I need to be a hiding soldier)
I know that I may have good drops if I go adventurer hiding or fine motor skills.

DeletedUser

The only pure skill that's good for fort battles is health, but any build can do fort battles. The problem with hiding is that it's just counts on defense, and people who ignore their town or alliance's attacks and only defend are generally lame tower huggers.

Hiding is about luck jobs, and I do prefer adventurers for luck jobs. I'll take a higher drop rate over slightly more LP from an overrated class weapon any day. The more LP you have, the better items you'll find, and +5 or +10 from a trumpet won't give you significantly higher value drops at high LP.

DeletedUser

The only pure skill that's good for fort battles is health, but any build can do fort battles. The problem with hiding is that it's just counts on defense, and people who ignore their town or alliance's attacks and only defend are generally lame tower huggers.

Hiding is about luck jobs, and I do prefer adventurers for luck jobs. I'll take a higher drop rate over slightly more LP from an overrated class weapon any day. The more LP you have, the better items you'll find, and +5 or +10 from a trumpet won't give you significantly higher value drops at high LP.

Which pure and class do you recommend???

DeletedUser

It all depends on what you want to do the most. You can't do everything and expect to be good at everything with going pure on one skill. If you want to level up fast: setting traps (doesn't matter what class). If you want to find stuff: hiding adventurer. If you want to battle more than anything else: health points soldier. If you want to do quests: all jobs build, adventurer preferably but any other class is the same (adventurers just get a couple more quests in the class questline).

DeletedUser

Hiding was traditionally the best pure for luck jobs, but now that LP has such a large effect on drop value, any skill with a high luck job can be great for luck. I haven't really analyzed the new jobs to compare what skill gets what new job when.

Trading is much better than it used to be, since work as a traveling merchant is the best overall luck job. The old problem with trading was that it lacked XP jobs, especially at low levels (with most of your XP jobs coming from animal instinct from charisma), but I'm not sure what new jobs have done for it. I know they get marriage swindler, but that's not low difficulty.

DeletedUser31397

Hiding was traditionally the best pure for luck jobs, but now that LP has such a large effect on drop value, any skill with a high luck job can be great for luck. I haven't really analyzed the new jobs to compare what skill gets what new job when.

Trading is much better than it used to be, since work as a traveling merchant is the best overall luck job. The old problem with trading was that it lacked XP jobs, especially at low levels (with most of your XP jobs coming from animal instinct from charisma), but I'm not sure what new jobs have done for it. I know they get marriage swindler, but that's not low difficulty.

Agree, not much exp jobs in low levels,

DeletedUser

I was talking trading, not hiding. Hiding starts out a little slow, but not as bad as charisma pures. You do have to rely on some swimming and HBR jobs early, but hiding basically gives the same XP jobs as trapping, just not quite as soon, because they tend to be 2x trapping and 1x hiding.

DeletedUser

What about the benefits of being a pure hide in duels and fort battles?
And is it best to be a pure adventurer or soldier because I know that adventurer has 10% bonus on drops but in fort battle defend hiding is good as well so becoming a soldier is another option.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Elmyr already replied that hiding is a skill used only in fort defense. And it's the least important skill in fort battles since as a defender you get a bonus from fortifications from the battle start.
In duels hiding is not used at all.

Adventurer's 10% bonus is in fact 2.4% on item drops and 10% of the basic percentage of product drops. As such, and because of the market, that bonus is pretty much useless, it's better to develop a strategy of cash earning so you can buy from the market anything you want to.
Since you mention duels and fort fights, keep in mind that in duels besides XP you can earn cash, in fort fights, besides XP you can earn both cash and items (boxes). Those boxes you may open to get some useable item or sell on the market to others for a nice price.

If you plan to take a dueling career later in the game, starting as a pure trapper is not a bad idea, later when you get good hunting jobs you'll just start putting SP into shooting.
If you plan to take a fortfighting career, then you should start as a pure leadership, and later after IIRC guarding the stagecoach job, you'll switch to HP. Although many say it's slow, it's not, as you get feed the animals job pretty early with this.

While chasing a good XP job with your pure build, just don't rely only on the build itself, make sure you buy the equipment needed for enough LP in a job, or even more since the value of drops depends on LP.

And in the end let me share with you that I've started my first acc as a pure hider, it's one of the worst strategies ever as you're practically good for nothing - at level 43, disappointed in it, I've already started respeccing into something else.

DeletedUser

What about starting as Adventurer Fine motor skills till unlocking grave robber and then going for trapper till hunting grizzly?

DeletedUser31397

I was talking trading, not hiding. Hiding starts out a little slow, but not as bad as charisma pures. You do have to rely on some swimming and HBR jobs early, but hiding basically gives the same XP jobs as trapping, just not quite as soon, because they tend to be 2x trapping and 1x hiding.

lol yes, im talking about pure traders too, and said not much exp jobs in low levels that are trading jobs, more like animal instinct (branding cattle for ex.) but you already said it :cool:

DeletedUser

Sorry but I fail to see a point of going pure FMS.

High FMS is needed in a few quests, if the plan is to avoid reskilling to solve those, that's not a good plan as you'll have to skip many other quests with such build.

If the plan is to get many expensive items from the graverobber job then to resell those for a great price on the market, again it's not a good plan as all those things can be obtained from fort boxes and it's not like you'll get a shiny expensive item every day on graverobbing. You just won't. Days will pass till you get anything shiny actually.

And you'll level up pretty slow with FMS (unless there is a daily quest compatible with it, that's a factor you should try to find out too because I don't know which daily quests are available on which level).

Now about combination FMS+traps, it's a bad idea. The best option with skillpoints is trying to get skills used in two things. FMS and traps are used only in jobs so your SP kinda gets wasted and you'll end as a jobdoer, the game will become boring and stuff. But if you take traps from the start and later you start putting SP into shooting (just an example) it's not a bad things as shooting is used in both jobs and duels. The same goes for leadership, it's used twice: in jobs and fort fights.

DeletedUser

Yeah, pure FMS is horrible. You're speccing entirely for one job that I despise that's a necessary evil for quests. No cash, no XP, just luck. I recommend grave robber over merchant for third keys, but once I get my key, I respec ASAP and don't miss it at all.

DeletedUser

Yeah, pure FMS is horrible. You're speccing entirely for one job that I despise that's a necessary evil for quests. No cash, no XP, just luck. I recommend grave robber over merchant for third keys, but once I get my key, I respec ASAP and don't miss it at all.

Ok Elmyr, what do you suggest if I don't wanna go pure. what is best to go for earning more money and being a soldier or dueller?

DeletedUser

Money is secondary, I spec for XP. I didn't say don't go pure, I said don't go pure FMS. Pures went out of fashion in favor of all jobs builds (if jobs were your main priority), but they came back when the formulas were changed and LP was given a bigger effect on cash and luck.

DeletedUser

Money is secondary, I spec for XP. I didn't say don't go pure, I said don't go pure FMS. Pures went out of fashion in favor of all jobs builds (if jobs were your main priority), but they came back when the formulas were changed and LP was given a bigger effect on cash and luck.

What do you recommend? Which class and what skills first ( I do not like to be builder)
I'm currently L8 and waiting for any recommendation...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you want luck jobs, hiding.
If you want XP jobs, trapping or construction, or swimming, which I hate, because it's short term.