Which Character Class Should I Choose???

DeletedUser

As I am nearly at level 10 I thought I would start thinking about which character class to choose.

If it helps my skills are:

Strength, 2- 6, 3, 12, 3, 2
Mobility, 1- 2, 3, 6, 2, 3
Dexterity, 3- 5, 4, 3, 8, 7
Charisma, 3- 3, 3, 5, 8, 3

DeletedUser14006

Your skill set really does not matter at this stage, choose based on what you want to do in the game, if you want to build then choose worker, duel then choose soldier (dueller has junk bonuses) or if you want to do everything but nothing in particular then go with adventurer.

DeletedUser

hey that offensive to adventurers! Be an adventurer if you want to do quests

DeletedUser14006

Why, anyone can do quests.

Not meaning to sound offensive to adventurers, but other than being a cheap ass when it comes to sleeping around or having a few % extra luck there is no real point ;)

DeletedUser

the reason to being an adventurer is for people who like quest alot, which is why lvl 2 hotels are free becuase all of the bonuses are to help the people who choose the classes.

DeletedUser14006

But why, most quests are not related to travelling, most can be accepted and completed from the saloon.

You have no point, unless you have a slightly quirky ear and work on a spaceship.

DeletedUser

You have no other use for products except for item sets (which was developed wayyyyyyyyyyy later in the game) and quests. So being an adventurer allows you to obtain these products with fewer efforts than other classes need and thus it enables you to do quests better.

With the hotel bonus, you don't need to join a town for quite some time during the early levels of your character and you can focus on quests and jobs without being worried about getting attacked and losing your money.

Also, you're luckier than other classes and can find items from jobs that others would have to buy otherwise which enables you to do more jobs with their bonuses.

With lesser chance of getting hurt, an adventurer can do the high danger jobs more risk-freely than other classes thereby doing some jobs at earlier levels than other classes. (Note: not all adventurers are pure builds)

In short: Being an adventurer really helps you do quests.

Edit: The devs too think that adventurer classes are for those who like quests. Quote from the Character Selection Page:
Adventurers are the ideal characters for players that love quests and a bit of risk taking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

You have no other use for products except for item sets (which was developed wayyyyyyyyyyy later in the game) and quests. So being an adventurer allows you to obtain these products with fewer efforts than other classes need and thus it enables you to do quests better.

Fewer efforts? erm, no. Quests better, erm no again.

With the hotel bonus, you don't need to join a town for quite some time during the early levels of your character and you can focus on quests and jobs without being worried about getting attacked and losing your money.
Early quests do not require much and being attacked at that stage with someone parallel to your skill level is not a problem.

Also, you're luckier than other classes and can find items from jobs that others would have to buy otherwise which enables you to do more jobs with their bonuses.
Yes, I have admitted this is probably one of the only benefits, but not one that excites me into choosing this class.

With lesser chance of getting hurt, an adventurer can do the high danger jobs more risk-freely than other classes thereby doing some jobs at earlier levels than other classes. (Note: not all adventurers are pure builds)
10% less chance of getting hurt is by far the worst bonus as if you have 10+LP in a job then this really is not an important factor.

In short: Being an adventurer really helps you do quests.
Even shorter, no it does not.

The only thing that is beneficial to an adventurer is one thing you missed, they receive a few more skill point rewards from questing, other than that, the bonuses of the soldier and worker give you a longer lasting benefit ;)

DeletedUser

Fewer efforts? erm, no. Quests better, erm no again.

On what basis do you say that? Or did you not get my point that the added 10% chance to find a product, which is doubled by premium, actually boils down to fewer efforts to find a product. And because of those "fewer efforts" an adventurer can do quests better.

Derek1982 said:
Early quests do not require much and being attacked at that stage with someone parallel to your skill level is not a problem.
I did focus on the fact that early quests do not require much by mentioning that an adventurer doesn't need a town during the early levels. Not every dueller attacks players at parallel levels. Adventurers are more often than not targeted for the cash, not XP so you will find the highest levelled duellers that can duel you hitting you. Not to mention many duellers like to KO adventurers for the fun of it.

Derek1982 said:
10% less chance of getting hurt is by far the worst bonus as if you have 10+LP in a job then this really is not an important factor.
NO. Not all jobs have double skills and even if they do, there is a high chance that a person will have less than 10 LP at the level where he unlocks the job. The ADVANTAGE of doing the job with lesser risk AT THAT level is too important to ignore.

Derek1982 said:
Even shorter, no it does not.
Yes it does. And since you've quoted all that I have said perhaps you have something to say about the fact that devs think adventurers are the ideal characters for quests?

Derek1982 said:
the bonuses of the soldier and worker give you a longer lasting benefit.
The preference to choose health bonuses or health assisting builds is a personal choice. Its not something that excites me into choosing those classes.

DeletedUser14006

End result - Adventurers excel only later in the game concerning high luck jobs, but that is not to say any other class can not find the same items and as I have already said the quest series provides a few extra skill point rewards.

I do have an adventurer character on W4 and I know what I am talking about so blah blah blah.......

....... have a nice day!

DeletedUser

Umm... Yes we do... Its in the character guide...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

End result - Adventurers excel only later in the game concerning high luck jobs, but that is not to say any other class can not find the same items and as I have already said the quest series provides a few extra skill point rewards.

I do have an adventurer character on W4 and I know what I am talking about so blah blah blah.......

....... have a nice day!

You have clearly not played your adventurer properly as others have. You've done some mistakes with that character which is why it didn't work for you. Its not the fault of the character. If you check the game statistics, you'll see what class most people prefer.

Nice day to you too. :)

DeletedUser

I would also tend to say go for an adventurer. Not for any of the reasons that other people have come up with, but simply because it will help you to get a good feel for the game. You get to do lots of different quests, you find cool stuff (and quest-related stuff) quicker, and you can play around with options far more easily than you can if you are trying to concentrate on (for example) only increasing your duelling-related skills in order to remain competitive.

Adventurer is a good way to find out what the game is about, and to give you the chance to figure out what class you might like to play next time you start a new build :)

DeletedUser

On what basis do you say that? Or did you not get my point that the added 10% chance to find a product, which is doubled by premium, actually boils down to fewer efforts to find a product. And because of those "fewer efforts" an adventurer can do quests better.

For this reason alone, adventurers are definitely better suited for quests, since so many quests require finding products and so many of them are rare products. I'm not really sure how anyone could argue against this. There's also the fact that adventurer quests have the best XP and SP rewards.