which better melee weapon/firearms weapon?

DeletedUser

Im noob and i need to know what is the best weapon for dueling?

I think firearms is much better in the real world :p

how 'bout in this game?

DeletedUser

It all depends on where your skills are and the bonus items you can wear at the time.

Shoot for shooting weapons and vigor for melee weapons.

DeletedUser

yeah, but you forgot the most important thing. the weapon itself.

If you got a firearm which produces a hit of 1-7 damage and a broken whiskeybottle of 3-13 damage but you're vagorskill is 10 and shooting 15.
what do you think would be better?

DeletedUser

^
sorry , i didn't understand

are you trying to say, melee weapon is much better?

DeletedUser

no, what i am saying is that when you have to choose a weapon you always must choose the one with the maximum hit + the skill for that weapon, the one which comes out highest you should take.

DeletedUser

kills, I didn't go that far yet. Waiting for a response that I figured would ask that very question, but it's good that you brought it up anyway.

It really depends on the hitpoints the weapon provides in combination with your Shoot or Vigor skill. What are the hitpoints for your melee weapons and your shooting weapons (if you have any)?

DeletedUser

give the hits of the weapons + the skills. then i'll say which is the best for you.

DeletedUser

^
I am still level 2, and I don't have any weapon.. I'm working for the quest now..putting some poster..:D

thanks for all the answer dude..

pardon for my english

DeletedUser

well at lvl 7 i got a club

does 6-12 damage but cant use til lvl 10

DeletedUser

Currently the highest damage weapons in the game are melee weapons. However being this is a western game, one would imagine they will be adding plenty of guns later.

DeletedUser

Currently the highest damage weapons in the game are melee weapons. However being this is a western game, one would imagine they will be adding plenty of guns later.

There are many guns in this game already.

Up until around level 40-50, melee weapons have higher base damage and lower critical, while firearms have higher critical and lower base. After you reach that mid point, levels 50+, it switches to where melee weapons have lower base and higher critical, and firearms have higher base and lower critical.