When will old worlds close?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1278415

Ok its on a lot of peoples posts in game forums, as most worlds have fallen to about 500 people on each or less. When will the lights get turned out in worlds 2-10?
I feel we will need some advanced notice to know the date to go collect market purchases and etc before we migrate.

I would assume we will get about a 105-120 day notice to ensure those who take vacation are cleared and then 45 days after that they just get deleted.

I have never seen an ingame prompt that requires me to click on it to state the worlds 2-10 are closing only on the logon news blurb page.

Also what are the actual numbers on the older worlds now that we cant see?

If the CM/mods can share any info on this and put some rumors to rest it would be appreciated.

DeletedUser

The warning that the worlds will be deleted will be 1 week... if that much.

DeletedUser

I heard 2.0 is end of the old classic worlds too.
"Old classic worlds?" There's only one classic world on .net and that's w1, and yes, classic premium is gone. I think you misinterpreted that as meaning "old worlds will be closing", because even our CMs don't know when it's happening.

DeletedUser15641

"Old classic worlds?" There's only one classic world on .net and that's w1, and yes, classic premium is gone. I think you misinterpreted that as meaning "old worlds will be closing", because even our CMs don't know when it's happening.

I meant w2-10.

DeletedUser17612

do you think they will update these worlds with west 2.0 just to close it down a few weeks later?

DeletedUser

Updating 15 worlds doesn't cost them any more than updating 6. They don't have to buy licenses.

DeletedUser15641

Updating 15 worlds doesn't cost them any more than updating 6. They don't have to buy licenses.
Don't you think it'll need a storage?(memory space)

Via it might consume some efficiency which happened to w15 when it lacked efficiency.We don't want to go back to at least 10 times starting one fort fight!:blink:

DeletedUser1121

The dates for closing any worlds on .net are not decided yet. Just to get some rumours out of the way, the dates for closing worlds is not dependent on the update to 2.0

We will announce any closing of worlds well in advance through posts on this forum and ingame intersitials.

DeletedUser

So migrating is still open till closing of the worlds ends?

I'm assuming we'll get enough warning either way, whether it's worlds or migration closing, to delete an account to migrate one last toon. Or maybe I'm just hoping. Either will be dictated by Inno, but our CMs should have enough say to give us that much at least.

DeletedUser8627

Well worlds have already closed on some language servers, plus the numbers on world 2 -10 have dropped considerably so closing of worlds on .net will be soon.

I'm yet to finalize a date with the developers but I'm pushing for somewhere after version 2.0 is released. As always, with new releases, we experience bugs and glitches. After concentrating on that we can then look at the closing of a handful of worlds.

Deleted User - 1278415

So with so little word of the 2.0 change this morning... should I just migrate now so the world isnt just closed up 1 morning on w2-10? or do you think you, as the CM, will have more time to let us know when it will happen.

Should we waste resources on building up forts or is it a waste of time if your going to pull the carpet up from under us in a week or two?!?

Basically what is our timetable on this... days, weeks, months on closing old worlds now that v2.0 just went live today.

DeletedUser22685

I'd say it's a waste of resources rebuilding forts on old worlds no matter how long it is until they close. It's going to happen at some stage and those forts will be lost.

DeletedUser

I'd say it's a waste of resources rebuilding forts on old worlds no matter how long it is until they close. It's going to happen at some stage and those forts will be lost.

Anything you did on those old worlds instead of building forts with be just as lost.

Deleted User - 1278415

Yea so I would ask that .net mgmt go ahead and set the 6 week death date to the old worlds to discourage fort building. Let us get in a few more fort fights... but not build them up.

I mean everyone hates v2. I enjoy the old worlds, but you might as well go ahead and kill the old worlds too and remove the last bit of fun in the game.