When does luck come into play?

• Thread starter DeletedUser35882
  • Start date

DeletedUser35882

A better test would be something consistent, like non-silver/non-gold spear fishing. We know we should get x fish per hour, then after that, any item that drops is a 'luck drop'. 1. From there, we need players who wear the full AQ (and AQ only) - get their luck drop chance after say, 100 hours each on the job
2. We also need players wearing just the holiday set - get their luck after 100 hours
3. Then we add the variables like cartwrights, etc..., one at a time, go for another 100 hours, and see what we get.

Who volunteers?

Im sorry but I wouldent volunteer to collect data because its just a waste of valuable time to me but in the long run it could be a valuable source of information to the public player base.
So sorry No.

What I really would like out of this whole thread is.

1. When Should I equip my luck Gear to get the actual benefits of the Luck(%) Bonus why have it if we dont actually know when it comes into play.

2. I feel like Da twista was slightly Vague and I may have jumped to a conclusion on luck. Is there a Hard cap on Luck? (50%) or Does AQ just negate CW's riding set and vice versa.
This Also raises the question does holiday set negate CW.
I know I'll never have it but I do dream of it which raises more (?'s) (Fire & Ice - Lighting & Thunder) 2 Weapon sets with 20% Luck Would these not stack either? Cap at 50%?

Thank you so much for all the replies
I really wish we had the Data in front of us to analyse but in the west, Data = Time, and as the saying go's "Time is money".

DeletedUser

I have no hard data, only my experience for a long while being pure trade and being pure fms and doing solely luck jobs.

What I found was that if I equipped my best clothes for the job, i.e. to get the highest labor points and set the job, then changed into my luck clothes eg my collector set (50%) or my holiday set (70%), I had more item drops of higher value than setting jobs any other way.

Again, I have no hard data to prove this, just what I experienced doing these jobs in this way and as for the cap, I have no idea, as luck here always seems to be a mystery!

DeletedUser

Well I share your opinion, but not your certainty. There are different types of drops: products, items, quest items and recipes. Saying an item is based on the end equipment because quest drops are is a good guess, but not a proof. Why? Quest drops have a different chance and drop under different conditions, plus from a different pool. You CAN get an item and a quest item and a recipe and a product in the same report. What you cannot get is two items. If quest item and item would fall from the same pool under the same conditions, they would not drop together in the same report. Good guess, suspicion, opinion, etc, but you cannot say for sure, is all I'm sayin' ;)

its basically 100s of hours of testing, and simply comparing 1 world with another, where on 1 world i do got fancy gear and on the other i don't. But ok i am not 100% sure, since to be that devs gotta say that it is that way, but from experience i am 99.99% sure it works this way

also silver ring jobs (seemingly) increase the chance of item dropping. to give a good example i used aq cloth + cartwright horse and saddle on a silver ring tm job for like 100 hours and found items in 90 of those jobs(not counting level 450 recipies ofcourse)

also
There are different types of drops: products, items, quest items and recipes.
thats simply not true, there is only products and items. however on travelling merchant job and breaking up gangs the level 450 recipies are counted as products instead of items. for the rest recipies always count as items, and drop as such. and that i do can tell you with a 100% certainty (you will find no one that can give you a report of a recipy dropping together with an item(exlcuding elvel 450 recipies ofcourse)

DeletedUser35882

No Direct answers to my 2 questions above?
Would appreciate a answer...

*edit

New question:

(?) - I recently saw wearing 8 pieces of Holiday set gives 70% luck

AQ + CW's-H&S (100%) VS Holiday set 8 Piece (70%)
If those 2 dont stack the holiday set has the best Complete luck bonus in the game??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No Direct answers to my 2 questions above?
Would appreciate a answer...

*edit

New question:

(?) - I recently saw wearing 8 pieces of Holiday set gives 70% luck

AQ + CW's-H&S (100%) VS Holiday set 8 Piece (70%)
If those 2 dont stack the holiday set has the best Complete luck bonus in the game??

Yes, the holiday set has the best luck bonus, since Da Twista explained that AQ + CWs bonuses don't stack.

DeletedUser34194

As much as sets not stacking would really stink and blow my whole belief system....to quote WT, "I've been living a lie!" I will accept that and move on with Holiday set like I said before. However it's still not clear whether or not the luck bonus from sets of any kind stack with the character bonus for Advents?

DeletedUser

Well now while I cannot say 100% sure it does, I do strongly believe it does, or else the whole class would have no purpose. So I'll answer yes to that, the advent class bonus and luck sets stack.

DeletedUser

Again from experience, I find I get my best luck drops when I am wearing my collector's set rather than my complete Holiday set. Could be a coincidence... but I am a bit superstitious :)

DeletedUser

When is the luck range for a job decided?
I mean, the luck (how possible to find an item) is apparently decided at the ending moment.
Is it the same with luck range?

DeletedUser

why is Da Twista saying that luck from different sets do not stack ? It doesnt make any sense really to be the only sets that do not stack :)

The Elfego clothes set + King Fisher weapons its easy to see that THEY STACK
The Freeman clothes set + Frank Weapons set also...
Speed sets stack also...

why wouldn't luck sets stack?

On my last run on TM for a month, doing ONLY 1 h jobs, less than 500 hours do not remember exactly, I had a nice drop rate of almost 60% (i think it was 58%), equipped with Allan clothes and Cartwright horse+saddle... as I remember before this version of west, the drop rate for 1 hour was clearly seen on every job on the luck bar , and was 24% for non-adventurers.... It is a too big difference (for about 500 hours jobs) if these two sets wouldn't stack....and please do not tell me I'm just lucky !!!

P.S. for those wondering whats the drop rate on 15 secs jobs, I did my first run of 2100 jobs of 15 seconds, with no luck set equiped, and I got 4.98% drop rate
I'm on the second phase of testing using Allan set + cartwright horse-saddle

EDIT: Currently with Allan set + Cartw horse saddle drops on 15 s jobs: 2565 jobs, 5.89% drop .... maybe I was wrong...they just might not ADD.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What is the point with the number one dime if luck don't stack. It is basiclly useless since i can give u max 12% improved luck, wich is way much lower than the 50% from AQ or CW.

DeletedUser

The luck is not added together, which means you won't get 100%, only 50%. If you wear multiple items providing luck, only a percentage is taken into the formula.

The LP value for a job at the end is calculated from what you were wearing when you started that job.

The GM in my server (.se) says luck bonus does stack. Meaning, you will get 100% luck with AQ clothes and CW horse+saddle.

Therefore, I would like to know if you're absolutely sure about luck not stacking?
(also, doesn't luck from advent. character bonus stack?)

DeletedUser

The +50% Improved Luck means: ?
(a) +50% more chance of finding a product (380% + 50% for TM)
(b) +50% more chance of finding the random luck drops (Random % + 50% for finding any named item)
(C) +50% more value of the price / Luck Value of drop items (Instead of 2000 - 8000 Luck range / Value, one could find random products of 3000 - 12000 Value)

DeletedUser

The +50% Improved Luck means: ?
(b) +50% more chance of finding the random luck drops (Random % + 50% for finding any named item)

It means what you decribed at B. Which makes it difficult to test.

Not exactly. The 50% stands for how much your current (unknown) luck (chance of finding any item) will increase. So IF the current luck would be 10%, the 50% bonus would give you 15% luck instead.
However, I do agree with the difficulties with testing the luck. Which is why I would apprechiate an answer from Da Twista.