When does luck come into play?

• Thread starter DeletedUser35882
  • Start date

DeletedUser35882

When does luck come in to play?

So I know if you wear all max LP Cloths start job then switch to original cloths or dueler cloths when job is started the originals are all that matter. My question is does luck work the same way? or is it calculated at the very end?

DeletedUser

I don't know everyone has figured that out for sure, but because it is dependent upon motivation, I think it is at the end. This is just speculation though.

DeletedUser35882

So from your speculation I could wear better LP gear then throw on Full AQ gear 50%+ luck and Cartwrights horse set 50%+luck

And It wouldent even matter that I started that job with other cloths?
the 100% more luck will come into play at that end and increase my chances of getting loot but also have more LP then wearing the luck cloths?

Just clear that up for me bro, really appreciate the response :)

Scenario ex;

Start TM in Full
Soap Opera - Way higher Range and cash output
1 Min Left till completion - Swap to full luck gear to increase loot drop.

DeletedUser8627

The luck is not added together, which means you won't get 100%, only 50%. If you wear multiple items providing luck, only a percentage is taken into the formula.

The LP value for a job at the end is calculated from what you were wearing when you started that job.

Last edited by a moderator:

neel shah

So you mean to say if i start my job in Full LP clothes and change to Luck clothes after that the Luck factor is counted? o_O

And if I start my job in full Luck clothes and change to Full Regeneration set ,then the luck is not counted?

If So....
My whole Life is a Lie :p

DeletedUser

So from your speculation I could wear better LP gear then throw on Full AQ gear 50%+ luck and Cartwrights horse set 50%+luck

And It wouldent even matter that I started that job with other cloths?
the 100% more luck will come into play at that end and increase my chances of getting loot but also have more LP then wearing the luck cloths?

Just clear that up for me bro, really appreciate the response :)

Scenario ex;

Start TM in Full
Soap Opera - Way higher Range and cash output
1 Min Left till completion - Swap to full luck gear to increase loot drop.

I cannot confirm not deny. If my speculation is true, then it would be correct. But like I said, IS A SPECULATION and is harder to test than you'd think. If you do get a drop, was it because you were gonna get one anyway or because of your luck set? It would require intensive testing and even then it might still be inconclusive, because we still have no idea what the luck drop is now. Because it changed.
So you mean to say if i start my job in Full LP clothes and change to Luck clothes after that the Luck factor is counted? o_O

And if I start my job in full Luck clothes and change to Full Regeneration set ,then the luck is not counted?

If So....
I say is a possibility, a speculation, but I cannot tell you for sure and it is hard to test to figure out. We might never know.

DeletedUser16008

hehe nice quandry.

I tend to see it in simple terms.

LP is calculated at the beginning of a job, initiating a duel locks you into that kit in the same way job LP seems to lock in what your using when you click that job, therefore it would be more likely that luck is calculated at the beginning of a job not the end.

Its only a guess of course but the odds are that the system isnt that complicated when calculating, its more likely all calcs take place at the same time

DeletedUser

Well Vic the reason why I think it calculates at the end is because luck is (or at least used to be) dependent on motivation and not the motivation at the beginning (100%) but the one when the report was generated. So you'd never have 100% motivation and this would always chip away into your luck chance.
Also, quest drops seem to be generated at the time of the report. How I figure that? If it's a timed drop (between 10pm and 12 am for example) if you schedule the job before 12 and finish it after, you won't get the drop.
And remember, a walked distance with an animal is calculated at destination (though there is no report generated) not at scheduling. Is not as simple as I wish it would be :D or I would have figured it out again.
Now, my speculation is based on the luck chance before it changed. We know luck chance changed, we don't know if the moment the drop is generated changed as well. So unless someone wants to dedicate a couple months to testing, we'll never know. And even then it might still be inconclusive.

DeletedUser35882

Mind blown

If So....

HAHAHA exactly my point how do we not know all our lifes have been a lie when weve been scheduled these jobs with luck first or luck last.

And what trips me out even more is what da twista said.
Ive spent most of time IN GAME trying to procure the perfect 'Junk loot finding cash value monster trader' This ment Full AQ - Full CW's Horse set - AQ rifle n gun.
And you tell me that one 50% luck bonus negates tho other?

so the math would look like this (so far ive heard 1 hr job's base is like 15% chance to find loot)

1hr 15% + (50%) = 22.5% chance - thats with just one I thought
1hr 15% + (100%) = 30% Chance

and my presumption got even worse when I added in prem advent

1hr 15% + (120%) = 33% chance

None of these bonus's even stack????

DeletedUser

I can not address if the luck bonus from the various sets stack. But, based on my limited experimenting, I think the luck is calculated at the end of the job and that luck gear works similar to how the elfego and kingfisher sets increase the earnings/experience when equipped after the job is queued.

Getting the data to verify this should be easy to do, since there is a tool already in the game to generate that information for us under the reports sections. Based on the current reports that I have (a bit over 700 because I'm too lazy to clear them out), my luck of finding something is approximately 6% per job, my average job is 4 minutes (I do a LOT of 15 sec jobs), and my average luck find is approaching 1 per hour. I tend to do all jobs by changing into luck gear after a job has been queued.

lulckjobsjpg.jpg

Perhaps others could look at their existing data and chime in with their values too see how it does compare.

DeletedUser16008

Very true Duduie A non prem or prem adventurer would probably have the most chance of working it out as they already get a luck bonus and would maybe see a higher result more often but like you say it wouldnt be conclusive and would take a lot of time.

DeletedUser

the luck range(so is xp, wage and product droprate) is calculated according to the clothes you wear when you start a job.

The luck of an item(item!!!! not product) actually dropping is calculated at the ending of a job. So changing to your full AQ set is very profitable. Also if you need quest items to drop:

start a job with your full lp clothes, and then equip for instance the rustie peace of medal, or the pick axe or whatever you need to equip to get the quest item to drop from a job (basically thats the trick that teaches you that if an items drops or not is calculated when a job ends :).

Only thing i wasn't sure on, but which Da twista explained now, is if cartwrights horse and saddle bonus and aq clothing would stack eachother or not.

DeletedUser

the luck range(so is xp, wage and product droprate) is calculated according to the clothes you wear when you start a job.

The luck of an item(item!!!! not product) actually dropping is calculated at the ending of a job. So changing to your full AQ set is very profitable. Also if you need quest items to drop:

start a job with your full lp clothes, and then equip for instance the rustie peace of medal, or the pick axe or whatever you need to equip to get the quest item to drop from a job (basically thats the trick that teaches you that if an items drops or not is calculated when a job ends :).

Only thing i wasn't sure on, but which Da twista explained now, is if cartwrights horse and saddle bonus and aq clothing would stack eachother or not.
Well I share your opinion, but not your certainty. There are different types of drops: products, items, quest items and recipes. Saying an item is based on the end equipment because quest drops are is a good guess, but not a proof. Why? Quest drops have a different chance and drop under different conditions, plus from a different pool. You CAN get an item and a quest item and a recipe and a product in the same report. What you cannot get is two items. If quest item and item would fall from the same pool under the same conditions, they would not drop together in the same report. Good guess, suspicion, opinion, etc, but you cannot say for sure, is all I'm sayin' ;)

DeletedUser34315

I'd love to believe all this- but can you back it up? Do you have screenshots of a creditable source attesting to this?

DeletedUser34194

HAHAHA exactly my point how do we not know all our lifes have been a lie when weve been scheduled these jobs with luck first or luck last.

And what trips me out even more is what da twista said.
Ive spent most of time IN GAME trying to procure the perfect 'Junk loot finding cash value monster trader' This ment Full AQ - Full CW's Horse set - AQ rifle n gun.
And you tell me that one 50% luck bonus negates tho other?

so the math would look like this (so far ive heard 1 hr job's base is like 15% chance to find loot)

1hr 15% + (50%) = 22.5% chance - thats with just one I thought
1hr 15% + (100%) = 30% Chance

and my presumption got even worse when I added in prem advent

1hr 15% + (120%) = 33% chance

None of these bonus's even stack????

If that's true why am I paying premium character bonus for +20% luck on finding items when all I need is a few items from the Fair set for +25? If that's the case I'll stop paying for premium,sell my AQ gear and CW horse,wear my holiday set for +70, and call it a day.

DeletedUser35882

If that's true why am I paying premium character bonus for +20% luck on finding items when all I need is a few items from the Fair set for +25? If that's the case I'll stop paying for premium,sell my AQ gear and CW horse,wear my holiday set for +70, and call it a day.

Amen to that

Basically what hes saying is 50% luck is the hard cap - not soft cap where after 50 it would scale lower but anything at 50 tops off so if your wearing full AQ or Cartwrights that extra 10% non prem or extra 20 Prem advent virtually dosent matter.

Im hoping for some one to say that isent correct because if so its bumming me out on my In game 120% stacked luck pretty hardcore.

DeletedUser17612

He did not say 50% is hard cap; he just said different sets do not stack.
i'm using holiday set on TM and it has 70% luck increase

i got 67 items out of 191 jobs with my worker (unfortunately, some recepies drop here as products and mess this statistics)

DeletedUser

Fric, how do you know which of those dropped 'objects' are products vs. items on your TM? In theory, they should be more skewed towards 'products' instead of 'items'.

A better test would be something consistent, like non-silver/non-gold spear fishing. We know we should get x fish per hour, then after that, any item that drops is a 'luck drop'. 1. From there, we need players who wear the full AQ (and AQ only) - get their luck drop chance after say, 100 hours each on the job
2. We also need players wearing just the holiday set - get their luck after 100 hours
3. Then we add the variables like cartwrights, etc..., one at a time, go for another 100 hours, and see what we get.

Who volunteers?

DeletedUser17612

i can do the holiday set on spear fishing.
do we watch our motivation, or do we just continue working?

unfortunately, i'm an adventurer on a world where i could do this test.