When are stats checked for a job?

DeletedUser

So I have two different hats. 1 gives me a bonus to trading and the other gives me a bonus to Setting Traps.

Obviously when I want to do a job like Trading I want to wear the hat that gives me a bonus to trading. And obviously when I want to do a job like Beaver Hunting I want to wear the hat that gives a bonus to setting traps.

So my question is this... when does the game check to see what my stats are for the bonus to cash due to labor points?

Does it check my stats only when I queue the job up? or does it check the stats for bonus to money after the job is complete?

DeletedUser

What you wear is basically just an add-on to a stat. If you are not able to do a job because of low labor points, but have an item that can boost you over the required amount, it will automatically allow you to do that job.

Bonus points count as skill points, even if they aren't really earned.

DeletedUser

When you que up the Activity and all through-out, I believe.

If you open your Inventory and change what you are wearing, the change will reflect in the Activity page when you close the Inventory page.:)

DeletedUser

What you wear is basically just an add-on to a stat. If you are not able to do a job because of low labor points, but have an item that can boost you over the required amount, it will automatically allow you to do that job.

Bonus points count as skill points, even if they aren't really earned.

This not really what I am asking.

You know how you need 1 labor point to do a job? And do you know how if you have more than 1 labor point it adds to the amount of cash earned?

well I want to know when it figures out what you are wearing for the bonus cash. Does it do it when you queue up the job or does it do it when it pays you for the job?

DeletedUser

Well like I said, the bonus counts toward your skill. Meaning they are one in the same and it will calculate depending on the total amount of labor points you have, bonus or not. It doesn't care if you're wearing something that gives you a bonus, all it sees is the result of your total points from wearing something like that.

In example, it will calculate 1 labor point, as 1 labor point. If you wear something that boosts a skill needed and you get 2 labor points, it will calculate those 2 labor points, as 2 labor points. It doesn't need anything other than your total.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure how you can find out for sure, but I'd guess that it would be while you're working rather than you queue the job. For those that missed the actual question, I believe it is - if you queue in a job and then put on an article that increases a skill or attribute after you queue it but before starting to work, will it give the bonus for extra labor points or not?

DeletedUser

Well like I said, the bonus counts toward your skill. Meaning they are one in the same and it will calculate depending on the total amount of labor points you have, bonus or not. It doesn't care if you're wearing something that gives you a bonus, all it sees is the result of your total points from wearing something like that.

In example, it will calculate 1 labor point, as 1 labor point. If you wear something that boosts a skill needed and you get 2 labor points, it will calculate those 2 labor points, as 2 labor points. It doesn't need anything other than your total.

You are still missing my question bro.

What I really want to do is put my +12 beaver trapping hat on and queue up trapping beavers, then put my Trading hat on and queue up trading, and get the extra labor points for each job rather than having to wait until one job is finished to change my hats.

DeletedUser

That isn't possible. Unless you are there to change your hats, then the one you are wearing while the jobs go by is the one that will count towards your overall skill level. The game won't check your inventory for any possible level-up items unless they are equipped.

DeletedUser

I believe it is double checks.

First when you queue up a job it checks to see if you have 1> labor point.

Then at the end of the job it checks your labor points and figures out what XP, Money, Items you received.

If you queue up a job and attempt to take off an item that would drop you below 1 labor point you get an error message saying you are doing a job that requires an item you are wearing (something like that).

Hence double checks is the only answer that makes sense IMO

DeletedUser

Ah some empirical evidence!

FINALLY!

Thanks Whistling!

I don't know if the answer is exactly what you said, but at least now I know that I need to wait until the job is finished before changing hats. :(

DeletedUser

I agree that I may not be correct and nobody really knows except the staff and they are not likely to be telling ...

But what I said does make sense ...

DeletedUser

I believe it is double checks.

First when you queue up a job it checks to see if you have 1> labor point.

Then at the end of the job it checks your labor points and figures out what XP, Money, Items you received.

If you queue up a job and attempt to take off an item that would drop you below 1 labor point you get an error message saying you are doing a job that requires an item you are wearing (something like that).

Hence double checks is the only answer that makes sense IMO

You've gotten this error message?

DeletedUser

Yes I have - test it yourself - should be easy enough.

Just pick a job you're using an item to get you over the hump on and then try and switch the item out with another item.

You don't even have to go do the job - just put it in the queue.

The exact message is in RED and says

"You need this item for one of your work assignments"

DeletedUser

It does check your stats + the boneses you have from items when you ques in a job..

DeletedUser

Yes I have - test it yourself - should be easy enough.

Just pick a job you're using an item to get you over the hump on and then try and switch the item out with another item.

You don't even have to go do the job - just put it in the queue.

The exact message is in RED and says

"You need this item for one of your work assignments"

Seems like a logical conclusion then, thanks for your input.

I was doing this wrong then.

Son o Norm

If your labor points are checked at the beginning, end and possibly middle too, it makes using premium Automation a bit of a waste of time. It's difficult enough finding two jobs that you can do in the most efficient way with the same inventory, let alone four!

DeletedUser

i think whisltling is correct atleast in that it wont let ya change clothes if it takes ya below the points needed cause ive gotten the same message it also wont let ya use the shaman if you have anything queud !

DeletedUser

I think that it's checking for your stats on queuing and on finishing the job.
On queuing because you need to meet the criteria to do that job. After that you can still change your items but you can't get lower than the job's difficulty+1. At the end, it checks what items do you wear and compute your salary accordingly.

There is no reason to do it by remembering your items on queuing up. That way they need to store it in database and do additional operations on canceling ... The way I wrote it means they don't need to remember anything except your current inventory which already is stored in database.

Last edited by a moderator: