What's missing? Jails

DeletedUser

Seems like Jails would completely change the way the game is heading. If you have a town and dont want fighting couldnt you hold people for a set amount of time. I'm sure an endless lockup capability where people sit until they quit wouldnt be very popular (although realistic). Skills to escape buddies to break you out. This brings to mind explosives as a nice addition to the game. I guess I could keep rambling as the game has a lot of potential right now.

Two more notes.

1. Please regard all the discussions of economy in the game where players/towns benefit when services are rendered in the town.

2. Dont let the game end up being so one sided as whoever has the best duel record is considered the best in the game. A society simulator with gunslinger rpg aspects seems much more interesting.

tnx sorry to ramble but loving the game so far..excited.

Morph.

DeletedUser

like it.. deifnitely, this would fit well with 'the outlaw meter' too, and a 'wanted' level.. you could go out and try to catch known criminals, and get a reward if yu did catch them, depending on their wated level. then they oculd go to jail, for a different amount of time, depending on thier wnated level again, but never for more than, say 48 hours? 24 even maybe?

DeletedUser1105

Yeah it would have to be for a small time frame, but enough to make it a pain to be caught.

Not sure about having explosives, but if you have certain skills you have a better chance of escape. You can choose to try and escape - if it works your free obviously, but if it fails you get additional time in the slammer.

There would have to be some sort of system about being caught as well so it's a battle between the outlaw and the sheriff or whatever. Couldn't just be duel skills, because bad guys will have better skills at that than good guys who concentrate on construction and things.

DeletedUser

Agreed on the short time...but maybe a penalty on their energy..no reason to give someone a free night of rest for being an outlaw lol

DeletedUser

yeah, 24 hours jail time, withno energy recovery because you have to work in the jail, like making clothes, like in some jails..

DeletedUser1105

Definately no energy growth in jail - or it's be like sleeping.

Maybe the length of time in jail is dependent on the amount of crimes committed.

Once you have done your time though, those crimes are null and void and you have to build up again.

DeletedUser

haham i like the way you make it sound like doing lots of crime is something to aim for :)

DeletedUser1105

Well, I'm working on the idea that for this to be implemented, TheFinalBobs' 'Outlaw Level' idea would have to implemented first, so yes, doing loads of crimes would be something to aim for if you wanted to be an outlaw :)

DeletedUser

yeah.. i see what you mean, jails are really a sub-part of the outlaw level thing..

DeletedUser

Good idea, although if too many of these are implemented it becomes even harder for newcomers to understand tha game.

DeletedUser1105

Not really. If you read the Outlaw Level thread, it explains it. A simple explanation on the help files would suffice.

DeletedUser

capturing people should still be based on duelling though.. i know 'bad' people would have more experience but you cant base it on other abilities..

DeletedUser1105

James, that wouldn't work. The bad guys would never get caught.

Bad guys would make sure thier duelling skills were high.

Good guys would be too busy spending points on construction and things, so the bad guy would always win.

It could be a duelling system, but it would have to even the scores up somehow.

DeletedUser

but you cant fight an outlaw with construction skills.. duelling abilities are the only way. And if you read the other thread about outlaws that links into this you hear about sherrifs. They would gain their money through bounties, and that means they have to increase duelling skills to earn it.

DeletedUser

ok, well maybe when a very good person duels a very bad person, the good person has an advantage, a helping hand from god or something, to make it more level

DeletedUser1105

Yeah, there would have to be something involved.

All this talk sounds really good about having good and bad guys, but everything seems to favour being the bad guy. You'll end up with a land full of bad guys and nobody wanting to be a good guy.

They all definately need work to even them up.

DeletedUser

if this were to be implimented there would have to be a cooldown on the timespent in jail. in other words if you get put in jail, you cant get sent back for like 3 days or something like that. This would prevent people from putting people in jail forever.

DeletedUser

I don't think so..

I'am sure there are also alot of player that are increasing there stats that wanna be good guys..and will join a town to protect it..so don't generalize..=D
so it still has to stick to the fact that you really have to duel the person to really capture him..

another thing liked the idea of a buddy busting you outta jail..but if it is a failed attempt your buddy goes in with you and also gets the amount of time you will be imprisoned..

DeletedUser

the good guys would get more money from working and maybe discounts etc.. + bounties.. the bad ones would make their money attempting robberies.. add the fact they can be jailed makes it less attractive.. and dont forget its not good vs bad, the bad guys will be robbing each other too

DeletedUser

the good guys would get more money from working and maybe discounts etc.. + bounties.. the bad ones would make their money attempting robberies.. add the fact they can be jailed makes it less attractive.. and dont forget its not good vs bad, the bad guys will be robbing each other too

Thou that would be funny to watch a robber robbing his own..Mmmmm a little bit stupid to do dont you think??i'd rather ask for his help than rob him..