What would you like - a migrate poll

Where would you like to migrate to

• The worlds we have now is fine

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • I would like world: Houston, Idaho or Juárez

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

asdf124

I can not see the specific players being active or not.
I can only see that 169 players are active on the world.

So i would suggest creating an in-game-world topic on the forum, and talk about it there.
As mentioned all worlds are active for you to migrate too. So no limitations on that front.
I believe you can also make a login poll when people login to that world. That should probably be better than ingame forums.

HelenBack

Can we start a protest? HELL NO WE WON'T GO!!!

:lovetw: :lovetw: :lovetw: :lovetw: :'P
(Just pretend those are picket signs saying we love W1... lol)

I'm really sad about W1 closing... Reyne and Dell both wrote what I feel as well. The whole population on W1 is like a big town where everyone helps each other.

I did duel someone for a quest and apologized via tele... I blamed Inno for making me duel. lol

Seriously tho, is there any way to stop the closure of W1 and maybe open it up to others who want to migrate to it? Or start new toons there...? Of course, our helpful community will have to change a bit if anyone not so helpful were to join... :boone:

How can Inno close out a world with all the history there? That's where The Shadow City started it's reign of terror! I remember being warned not to stray too close to their county. Of course that just made me curious... lol

Don't wanna go!!!! :-(

Pankreas PorFavor

Seriously tho, is there any way to stop the closure of W1 and maybe open it up to others who want to migrate to it?

I know I would migrate back in a second.
Actually, that would solve a lot of problems. It would make more sense to re-activate a world like W1 with "young" toons coming from new dead worlds than sending those old W1 toons to new worlds. Better to add a few hundred players to W1 and have one more populated and active world than add 20-30 players to 5 already dead worlds.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Well if anything, You are all free to merge to the same world. There is no limit to that, so if you want to stick together that could be a solution.

Apart from that, i do not think i can have any real pull to keep the world open, but i would like to try at least. But do not keep the hopes up, because i think a lot of changes in world(s) will happen in the next month here on .net

EDIT:
Well this was quick. To many reasons to keep the world open, so NO. world 1 will STILL BE closed.
Sadly nothing to do. It is what it is, And the best possible way to keep the "community" alive, is to merge to the same world when time runs out.

Last edited:

Luka882

"because i think a lot of changes in world(s) will happen in the next month here on .net"

PLEASE YES, close 5 more worlds atleast.

RaiderTr

Haha well i do not know about the number being closed. But i do not think it will be 5 :-D
All this years (at least 3-4) no one had managed to convince the upper management and you somehow did? :cooln:

Well, Danish-Swedish closing ain't ur doing but still :roll:

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
It would be extremely nice if more worlds were merged and/or closed. Every year a new world opens, turning the previous world inactive. Many players sign up for new worlds, unaware that when the next new world opens the previous 'new' world dies.

The playerbase is not big enough for many worlds. Why would someone spend money on a world that has 20v20 fort battles, 1 page of duel targets and no market activity? It simply isn't worth it.

Honestly, after a world turns 1 year old 'Money Transfer' is allowed. What if after a world turns 2 or 3 years, it is allowed to merge with a selected few previous worlds (A, B & C).

The remaining players of a 2-3 year old world would be able to go on a new adventure in the spirit of The-West and older worlds (A, B & C) will have 'new' motivated players that simply don't want to see their accounts they worked on for years go to dust in a dead world not big enough to enjoy any of the PVP aspects of the game, which is why many players (re)started playing TW to begin with.

Poker Alice

Well if anything, You are all free to merge to the same world. There is no limit to that, so if you want to stick together that could be a solution.

Apart from that, i do not think i can have any real pull to keep the world open, but i would like to try at least. But do not keep the hopes up, because i think a lot of changes in world(s) will happen in the next month here on .net

EDIT:
Well this was quick. To many reasons to keep the world open, so NO. world 1 will STILL BE closed.
Sadly nothing to do. It is what it is, And the best possible way to keep the "community" alive, is to merge to the same world when time runs out.
I do get the impression that you care and want to help people if you can. Thank you for trying and do appreciate your informative posts.

Upper management just could have as easily and quickly without notice close the server off but instead is letting players know in advance and even making concessions so as to allow "a merge." That's reasonable in my book and kind. If players on #1 are able to inspire comradeship perhaps it will do someone else some good on another map too. Life continues.

@Jordy240797 Those thoughts could spawn into a good idea for the west game. :up:

Last edited:

NovaStar

So, Colorado "went the distance", Arizona had a good long run too (and I'm not convinced they are ready to be buried yet). Even Houston seems to be making a comeback "somwhow". HOW is a world supposed to "go the distance" and the players learn to work together if there is a new world opening every year which pulls people from existing worlds into new ones? People working together and wanting them to go the distance is the key (like we have heard from the players form W#1) It takes time for people to get a world going and working well...usually more than just 2-3 years, even. Yes, total player base has diminished tremendously from 10 or more years ago, which makes it even harder to keep a world going. Not to mention, it's almost the same core players in every world... Granted, some worlds just won't make it, but others can and will if given the chance. Every world goes through highs and lows, it's working through the lows that make them worth while. (especially if there are no new worlds every year to choose to escape to). New worlds barely get their feet wet and a new world opens. To me, that does not make sense. To me, it would only make sense if the numbers in the player base calls for it...and clearly, they do not.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Can I merge my toons? :blink: Cuz I'm on all the worlds available to migrate to.... :roll:

Oh ya, and tell Inno they're big meanies for closing W1!!! :boone: :'P
Sadly you can not merge you characters together. One of them has to go.

Was etriel fired? Is that why all the good changes are happening?
Thank you for the kind words, i think ??? :-D
Actually etriel is about to change job to a new project, so that is something to start. BUT i have a very good impression of her.
I think these new changes and stuff happening is because i just do not take a no for an answer without an explanation. Or i will ask several question for a case to be completely sure i have gotten all the (hidden) information :p

Luka882

Sadly you can not merge you characters together. One of them has to go.

Thank you for the kind words, i think ??? :-D
Actually etriel is about to change job to a new project, so that is something to start. BUT i have a very good impression of her.
I think these new changes and stuff happening is because i just do not take a no for an answer without an explanation. Or i will ask several question for a case to be completely sure i have gotten all the (hidden) information :p
I mean i know she your boss and u gotta be nice, but. Probably the worst thing that happend to game, very disconnected from the community with her own ideas that have no sense. not to mention that fort fights are literally unplayable cus the amazing team is unable to accept that they f... up with the new changes they made.

RaiderTr

cus the amazing team is unable to accept that they f... up with the new changes they made.
Changes were necessary after years of Power-creep that Etriel caused (which made almost everything irrelevant) , and they aren't anything bad but was an unfinished job without touching to any Formulas, Rewarding mechanics and all that because she stopped the Testing and just gone with these very limited changes.

Anyone who wanna know more could check my signature.

Poker Alice

So, Colorado "went the distance", Arizona had a good long run too (and I'm not convinced they are ready to be buried yet). Even Houston seems to be making a comeback "somwhow". HOW is a world supposed to "go the distance" and the players learn to work together if there is a new world opening every year which pulls people from existing worlds into new ones? People working together and wanting them to go the distance is the key (like we have heard from the players form W#1) It takes time for people to get a world going and working well...usually more than just 2-3 years, even. Yes, total player base has diminished tremendously from 10 or more years ago, which makes it even harder to keep a world going. Not to mention, it's almost the same core players in every world... Granted, some worlds just won't make it, but others can and will if given the chance. Every world goes through highs and lows, it's working through the lows that make them worth while. (especially if there are no new worlds every year to choose to escape to). New worlds barely get their feet wet and a new world opens. To me, that does not make sense. To me, it would only make sense if the numbers in the player base calls for it...and clearly, they do not.

What NovaStar wrote made me think what would happen if there was a New World creation server which was ultra-slow. We just had a speed server world created and it has almost run its course as it will close soon enough. Playing in the speed world gave me a different perspective on the game. I wonder how a world would play out if the max level any player could achieve actually took a few years? Is it fair to say, one of the stoppers of any world is when the players max out and that can happen in any world after some time before another new world appears on the horizon. - just a random off-topic thought.

RaiderTr

I'm confused.
Didn't you hint that there will be more Worlds closed?

Or do you mean there could be migration routes without closing any?