What would you like - a migrate poll

Where would you like to migrate to

• The worlds we have now is fine

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • I would like world: Houston, Idaho or Juárez

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

DeletedUser15368

Between you and RaiderTr who constantly promote Colorado how would you feel about sending it there?
You wrote, "please let them come" so I'll assume you are not a member of #1 either?
I migrated out when it was originally supposed to be closing, I still have a low level character there who will die when its closed.

The poll was for W1 players, no reason for any one else not to point out the massive mistake of missing worlds from the migration routes in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Hey, did you read the opening post? This thread is for world 1 players. H, I, and J worlds have been open long enough for everyone to have progressed quiet well. And it's really not "7" people, as we speak for many in this world that haven't posted.

That's really rich for a soon to be ex World 1 player. This decision of migration affects all of the players in other worlds so I have every right to have an opinion and share it in this forum.

After all, World 1 would've closed 3 years ago. I bet that 3 years ago, Houston or Idaho wouldn't even have been an option to begin with. We seem to forget that.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
I can not see the specific players being active or not.
I can only see that 169 players are active on the world.

So i would suggest creating an in-game-world topic on the forum, and talk about it there.
As mentioned all worlds are active for you to migrate too. So no limitations on that front.

DeletedUser15368

Wonder if there is a W1 version of;
:-D

Believe it's "number of active accounts" including the ones that can be reactivated, aka non-perma-deleted
Nah we won't be able to see the number of inactive accounts, because that page only shows worlds with open registrations.

W1: 168
Arizona: 1034
Briscoe: 581
Colorado: 1231
Dakota: 517
El Dorado : 509
Fairbank: 637
Galveston: 363
Houston: 455
Idaho: 610
Juarez: 1017
Kansas: 4582

On a side note: The main Beta world has: 1564 - which I thought was interesting compared to the higher quality worlds we have here with lower populations

And let's hope we don't need W1 numbers, after ~4 years of closed registrations, for action to be taken to consolidate some low population worlds - if the players there so choose to migrate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanatoss

Tbh, I wish other servers would be migrated to W1 instead of the other way around..

That's what a proper management would do.
Because if anything, it's the nostalgia keeping most of the current very small player base.

But yea, it's few years too late for that..

Close the old servers its time for west 3.0 everything will change.

RaiderTr

West 3.0 isn't a thing and nothing will change..
West team is too small for a big scale change anyway.

Reyne

Hr.Nyborg

We all want to stay together if possible, other worlds permitting, and I don't think the poll is of any actual benefit to us deciding.

This won't be breaking any GDPR so I am wondering if you could supply us with an export / report of just player names who are still active on our World 1 i.e. say those who have logged in say within the last month.

I'd like to produce a spreadsheet to share with my fellow World One peeps and their preferred migration option and we'll all agree to go with the majority.

And...if I have missed it, enable us to export our current friend list so we don't lose contact with anyone.

If you could let me know

thanks
I'm creating a poll on World 1 to see where we'd all like to go, hopefully as a bloc.

That's really rich for a soon to be ex World 1 player. This decision of migration affects all of the players in other worlds so I have every right to have an opinion and share it in this forum.

After all, World 1 would've closed 3 years ago. I bet that 3 years ago, Houston or Idaho wouldn't even have been an option to begin with. We seem to forget that.

It's not my choice to be "a soon-to-be ex-World 1 member." And three years ago, the choices were different. This is today, so we have more choices to move as a bloc. And I think you're making more of this than needs to be. Not all of the 160-170 active players fort fight, nor duel. You've had the same chance since the creation of H, I, and J to get the same outfits in the tombolas as World 1. We really don't use outfits much older than that, so what advantage does an ex-World 1 member really have?

Last edited:

Kidd Kalypso

tbh, I would rather migrate back to w1 than most other worlds. But as always, that is my personal opinion.
Happy 4th of July, and keep fighting the good fight.

delldell56

It's not my choice to be "a soon-to-be ex-World 1 member." And three years ago, the choices were different. This is today, so we have more choices to move as a bloc. And I think you're making more of this than needs to be. Not all of the 160-170 active players fort fight, nor duel. You've had the same chance since the creation of H, I, and J to get the same outfits in the tombolas as World 1. We really don't use outfits much older than that, so what advantage does an ex-World 1 member really have?

Reyne is 100% right. Most World 1 players are friendly and helpful to each other, even if we are mostly quiet. We basically are a bunch of questers or crafters, and log on briefly to queue the jobs and quests, then log off. Fort fighting was dead but on events that required a battle, until Victor returned to the game recently to bring what are mostly battles for fun where he even encourages people to join either side and banter; the members of the other alliance help him with the materials to finish the forts he's just taken from them, because that's how cool the mood is among us. Most refuse to duel even for events or quests, because it kinda feels bad to be dueling there. The player ranked #1 usually sells his extras at cost after the tombolas, so the other players can benefit (thank you for that, Col. Mortimer), meaning you don't see players upgrading their gear, and most are collectors more than anything. As someone already pointed out, you can't buy skills on W1, so we might have less skills than other players in premium worlds. As for the experience advantage we got from playing longer, if there is something the speed worlds have shown us is that it's how wisely you choose to play what matters the most when it comes to leveling up. I knew a handful of players who haven't been around since mid of last decade, who could create a toon today and be Lvl 150 in as fast as two weeks if that were their goal. If you think I am exaggerating, I can name one player who ten years ago created a toon that reached Lvl 120 -max. at the time- in ONE week, in a world full of Lvl 120, without tombola gear, nuggeted like crazy but without buying a single skill. We even had a mad experiment once, the year tombolas started, where several experienced players started toons in one old, dead world, filled a town & a half with greenhorns, and less than six months later almost all of them were already Lvl 100 to Lvl 120. That defeats the experience & gear advantage excuse.

I will sorely miss the comradery and honorability of World 1.

Poker Alice

Reyne is 100% right. Most World 1 players are friendly and helpful to each other, even if we are mostly quiet. We basically are a bunch of questers or crafters, and log on briefly to queue the jobs and quests, then log off. Fort fighting was dead but on events that required a battle, until Victor returned to the game recently to bring what are mostly battles for fun where he even encourages people to join either side and banter; the members of the other alliance help him with the materials to finish the forts he's just taken from them, because that's how cool the mood is among us. Most refuse to duel even for events or quests, because it kinda feels bad to be dueling there. The player ranked #1 usually sells his extras at cost after the tombolas, so the other players can benefit (thank you for that, Col. Mortimer), meaning you don't see players upgrading their gear, and most are collectors more than anything. As someone already pointed out, you can't buy skills on W1, so we might have less skills than other players in premium worlds. As for the experience advantage we got from playing longer, if there is something the speed worlds have shown us is that it's how wisely you choose to play what matters the most when it comes to leveling up. I knew a handful of players who haven't been around since mid of last decade, who could create a toon today and be Lvl 150 in as fast as two weeks if that were their goal. If you think I am exaggerating, I can name one player who ten years ago created a toon that reached Lvl 120 -max. at the time- in ONE week, in a world full of Lvl 120, without tombola gear, nuggeted like crazy but without buying a single skill. We even had a mad experiment once, the year tombolas started, where several experienced players started toons in one old, dead world, filled a town & a half with greenhorns, and less than six months later almost all of them were already Lvl 100 to Lvl 120. That defeats the experience & gear advantage excuse.

I will sorely miss the comradery and honorability of World 1.
Nice! Not sure what you want to share or keep as a secret but I'm going to assume that the reason for your success in game play is how you work as a team and share what the other alliance team member might need? = comradery Is this what you meant by how wisely you choose to play when it comes to leveling up?

RaiderTr

Like I said,
Tbh, I wish other servers would be migrated to W1 instead of the other way around..

That's what a proper management would do.
Because if anything, it's the nostalgia keeping most of the current very small player base.

But yea, it's few years too late for that..
The closure decision was made 3 something years ago and it's not reversible..

So try to make best out of it :-))

Please let us know the result of the poll btw :'P

delldell56

Nice! Not sure what you want to share or keep as a secret but I'm going to assume that the reason for your success in game play is how you work as a team and share what the other alliance team member might need? = comradery Is this what you meant by how wisely you choose to play when it comes to leveling up?

Not exactly. The majority has been Lvl 150 for a while and has been playing this game almost from the very beginning of The West, so they don't need tips on how to play, although we do have many players who are not even Lvl 100 but I think it's because nobody has felt the need to rush anything. Comradery as in how willingly you see many jump to help when other players require assistance, be it crafting or questing or whatever. As I mentioned, Col. Mortimer sells his extras at cost after the tombolas, no strings attached, in the open market for whoever needs the item to complete a set. He could list three guns of the same kind, and we know he wants three different players to grab one each, not one player to grab all 3 and upgrade. We can have a season quest that requires some shop gear (black shirt, green shirt, etc.) and a player will remind the others to check their shops and list a bunch for those who need it. Players can ask for a high level recipe and a lot of players would sell them at cost, regardless of friends or alliance ties (alliance there is more a nominal thing, it's not like there is any rivalry at all).

The leveling XP thing was indeed team work, not because those 30 something players (dubbed The very best of The West by some) needed any hints to know how to do it, but the couple of high levels who started that crazy experiment would hand them products to advance with the questlines, give them the shop gear they needed as they leveled up, etc. Nobody told them how to skill or play, or the class they had to choose. This was World 8, the year the tombolas started, before they added new quests almost every month, and before you could use the bank to transfer money. The fanciest thing we had at the time was the Golden Gun. It was not an Inno sponsored thing, just a bunch of friends having fun together. The player who leveled up in a week did have a lot of help from many of us who enabled it (give her gear and products, rank her captain as a low level with a precise rifle, etc.), but she didn't need help to know how to do it. We actually helped that adventure because a) we were her friends; b) we were curious to see if she could pull it; c) we had fun watching it unfold; and d) lots of the old timers saw her as a test subject and learned many, many things that they'd later do themselves. She taught us, not the other way around, and a couple of times some of her theories ended up with Inno nerfing stuff to correct flaws they didn't know about before they could be exploited (a naked greenhorn throwing rocks and finishing the top damager of a big battle, due to stacking). I can only give you the general tips about her leveling method, as the game has changed since and new quests have been added that would rocket it up if tried today.

Poker Alice

Thank you so much for writing that.

Not exactly. The majority has been Lvl 150 for a while and has been playing this game almost from the very beginning of The West, so they don't need tips on how to play, although we do have many players who are not even Lvl 100 but I think it's because nobody has felt the need to rush anything. Comradery as in how willingly you see many jump to help when other players require assistance, be it crafting or questing or whatever. As I mentioned, Col. Mortimer sells his extras at cost after the tombolas, no strings attached, in the open market for whoever needs the item to complete a set. He could list three guns of the same kind, and we know he wants three different players to grab one each, not one player to grab all 3 and upgrade. We can have a season quest that requires some shop gear (black shirt, green shirt, etc.) and a player will remind the others to check their shops and list a bunch for those who need it. Players can ask for a high level recipe and a lot of players would sell them at cost, regardless of friends or alliance ties (alliance there is more a nominal thing, it's not like there is any rivalry at all).

The leveling XP thing was indeed team work, not because those 30 something players (dubbed The very best of The West by some) needed any hints to know how to do it, but the couple of high levels who started that crazy experiment would hand them products to advance with the questlines, give them the shop gear they needed as they leveled up, etc. Nobody told them how to skill or play, or the class they had to choose. This was World 8, the year the tombolas started, before they added new quests almost every month, and before you could use the bank to transfer money. The fanciest thing we had at the time was the Golden Gun. It was not an Inno sponsored thing, just a bunch of friends having fun together. The player who leveled up in a week did have a lot of help from many of us who enabled it (give her gear and products, rank her captain as a low level with a precise rifle, etc.), but she didn't need help to know how to do it. We actually helped that adventure because a) we were her friends; b) we were curious to see if she could pull it; c) we had fun watching it unfold; and d) lots of the old timers saw her as a test subject and learned many, many things that they'd later do themselves. She taught us, not the other way around, and a couple of times some of her theories ended up with Inno nerfing stuff to correct flaws they didn't know about before they could be exploited (a naked greenhorn throwing rocks and finishing the top damager of a big battle, due to stacking). I can only give you the general tips about her leveling method, as the game has changed since and new quests have been added that would rocket it up if tried today.

I know you wrote you will miss the kind of interaction you had with other players. Certainly after playing for a while tips on how to play the game are not needed. I am thinking about your situation though and wondering if I could suggest something even though I have not played nearly as long? Consider this as a suggestion or just toss it, whatever. Do hope you continue to enjoy the game regardless of what transpires in the future for you.

It seems to me the most logical recourse would be to organize in a chosen world. The question however in that organization do you want it restricted to only members who play the game as you described? From what I've seen an alliance is difficult to develop with those standards? What I've seen lacking in game interaction are alliance descriptions and clear information about the alliance in forums? If you know people quite well then obviously it isn't needed but if you invite anyone outside your circle of friends then good comradeship needs to be easily understood by all parties veterans and new people alike. Only then I suppose would be possible to carry on the tradition? Not sure if it would be possible. How are you at writing a world 1 constitution? :roll: What you wrote here was pretty darn good and easily understood. Once again thank you writing with some clarity.

Not everyone I suppose wants that kind of game. They want to be outlaws.