What would happen if they started a war and no one showed up

DeletedUser544

yeah it is kind of lame that they didn't get the fort shop upgrades out prior to people building out their forts! definitely destroys any motivation and increased activity on the part of the players building the forts

"whoop-de-dooo, in 3months when fort shops come out, we can start building the shop and use it...!"

DeletedUser

they prolly had a problem with the shops, hence why they aren't out yet. im sure they have a team working on shops as well as a team pumping out updates.

DeletedUser529

They rushed the FORTS out way too early and they had problems right from the very beginning with releasing it when they didn't have it fully implemented.

No money
No experience
No Shops

Like wth is going on and where are the fort shops. I am running out of things to buy other than wasting my money on useless items just for the sake of collecting items that I will never ever use.

I don't know if anyone has this problem of a lack of items to purchase anymore it is almost making the premium purchase in my future OBSOLETE. Why buy premium if there is no incentive anymore for the sure fact that there isn't much to buy? And if there is not much to buy then why work because the TOWN'S bank can only hold a limited amount of funds. I wonder if the banks in THE WEST had this limitation....

Imagine walking into a bank in THE WEST and they tell you----SORRY but you have TOO MUCH money and you can only deposit so much, it is ludicrious.

The last 4 FORT wars I have participated in gained me very little in experience and NOTHING in money and drop items. I travel long distance to participate and get 44 experience points, and nothing else. Hardly worth the effort when a simple job will net me more.

With many forts now fully built ---- WHERE are the shops?

Quite a few questions come to mind about this game so many limitations and restrictions.

Why no sitting of accounts?
Why limit the amount of money in a bank?
Why the delays with the major updates, is THE west a poorer cousin to TRIBAL WARS?
etc
etc
etc

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Forts can give very rare items, that no job can find and also much more XP than jobs too.

You're obviously just doing it wrong.

Give the devs a break. It's not as simple as "why don't we have this".

DeletedUser

I wanna see what the winner of a large fort battle 1vs1 gets :p (item wise)

The best one I found so far is golden indiance necklace and I've been to almost all the fort battles in W1 so far (missed a couple due to real life or too many fort battles at the same time).

Generally speaking, I'm happy to get > 600 exp, sometimes I get about 1000 or so exp. When there are a bunch of fort battles and I'm lucky enough to get into more "even" battles, 1500 or so exp from 2 fort battles is not that hard.

The key is battles need to be even + enough people show up. Too little participants and too lopsided battle = you can get measly 10 exp or so for one fort battle :(

I wish they let us know how many D and O signed up so at least I can choose the side to try to balance it out a bit for the sake of exp.

DeletedUser

it is possible to find very rare items, one was found on another server.

DeletedUser

im doing programming at collegr and belive me just to program a button when clicked it displays something takes ages.

but. to get the things what people want. why not shut the servers down 2-3 days(im sure we can last) and sort everything out. e.g all the above mentioned by people fort shops etc account sitting etc.

it like on big project. them give them a pay bonus for doing it :) devs will love it :D

DeletedUser529

I am getting very good hits on other players and moving around to place myself in a good position to be able to see other players so I can shoot at them. I have so far been to 5 fort battles and to date I have accumulated

ZERO-----> CASH
943------->EXPERIENCE
ZERO------>Found items.

So you obviously are right about not doing it right despite the fact that my hits have been consistent and I have killed quite a few players. I equip myself with good clothing stand and manoever myself in what I think is a good position to both defend and hit back and I have excellent weapons, the VERY BEST that money can buy.

So you are so right I MUST be doing it all wrong.

I travel two hours to fight a battle see lots of players, get good hits, and receive in the end 43 experience and this is alot better than working. YAH RIGHT. The two hours travelling there and two hours back I could have earned much much more with the high experience jobs out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am getting very good hits on other players and moving around to place myself in a good position to be able to see other players so I can shoot at them. I have so far been to 5 fort battles and to date I have accumulated

ZERO-----> CASH
943------->EXPERIENCE
ZERO------>Found items.

So you obviously are right about not doing it right despite the fact that my hits have been consistent and I have killed quite a few players. I equip myself with good clothing stand and manoever myself in what I think is a good position to both defend and hit back and I have excellent weapons, the VERY BEST that money can buy.

I travel two hours to fight a battle see lots of players, get good hits, and receive in the end 43 experience and this is alot better than working. YAH RIGHT. The two hours travelling there and two hours back I could have earned much much more with the high experience jobs out there.

You can't join lopsided battle, you earn very little exp when your side really outnumber the other side.

Battle report: The Brotherhood Fort On 9/20/09 at 2:47 AM http://javascript<b></b>:Reports.view_delete_report(23288930); Battle for The Brotherhood Fort

experience.png
958 Experience points.
luck.png
indian_chain_fine.png

Look up fort battle report.

# Date Defender Result Attacker 6 Sep 20, 2009 2:47 AM The Shadow City -SB- 70
attacker_wiped.png
70 Boothill Valley

70 v 70, fairly balanced battle.

Look through your report, perhaps all of your battles were more lopsided, where your side really outnumber the opponent. I have reports where I was the attacker, 128 defender v 120 attacker. My character passed out (according to friends, my character charged out and died very quickly), I still gained 155 exp for hitting enemy twice and did 373 damage to enemy.

I think it's developer's way of encouraging us to join the underdogs.

Fort battles aren't always worth it especially sometimes I get as little as 10-20 exp from a battle, it's certainly not worth it. You need to explore the game more before you claim fort battles are worthless.

DeletedUser

ZERO-----> CASH
943------->EXPERIENCE
ZERO------>Found items.

Its pure luck, you can earn 1xp and get an item, or 3000xp and get an item, depends how lucky you be.

DeletedUser

My last fort battle I did about 1500 damage, KO'd 2 or 3 people, and got like 400 XP and some random item I sold for about $300.

I don't think it was really worth 6 hours round trip, but I got to duel some folks I don't normally get to, so that almost made it worth my while. If you duel aggresively, traveling for forts becomes more worth while :p

DeletedUser

dueling while traveling definitely is fun. but im pretty sure that the length of a battle matters as well. like if the battle lasts all 50 rounds, then you'll earn more exp.

KO out players also helps a lot. knock out 3-4 players and you'll earn much more. but the evenness of the fight is definitely the biggest factor.