RP Discussion What theme most appeals to you for Role Play at the moment?

DeletedUser

Medieval?

Apocalyptic?

Survival?

Strategy?

War?

Western?

Modern?

Fantasy?

Sci-Fi?

Or a mixture of the above-said? If other, specify.

DeletedUser

A Sci-Fi, Apocalyptic, Survival RP. I'd love to help by collaborating with you. Maybe you could help get my other suggestion thread, The Flash started!

DeletedUser13682

I am interested in all of the above categories bvt none. I'm interested in almost all RPs, except school RPs. Don't want to relive bad memories, yov know?

DeletedUser5046

i really dont mind working on any RP.. as long as it isnt drama XD

anyway i am up for anything with adventure...and this medieval-fantasy story peril worked on lately really get my mind working for a new role XD

i also think ill be liking a thriller sci fi next time

DeletedUser

I can tell you this much: the best RP I've ever seen, not just on this site but anywhere, was Golden Reach. I'd say it was the level of detail in which it was planned out that really made it great. Having great RPists helped too. Anyway, it was certainly David's masterpiece.

Deleted User - 819397

Heh, sure, pick one I wasn't in so I can't comment on it ;). I'd say I'm in the mood for medieval, but I haven't had a chance to look at Peril's thread yet so that might satisfy that craving.

DeletedUser

I was considering creating a new basis-roleplay, sort of like Golden Reach 3.0, but I'm not too sure on how I'd go about it, and I've been short on time for quite some time, and I'd need to find out some way for the RP to be simplistic while also enjoyable. I'll admit, Golden Reach was my early-Da vinci, but I'm going to tell you, I can do better than that, but I just need to find out some way for characters to be more linked to one another, and for it to not end up being a community story, either.

I'd need to put a LOT of work into it; and that would be borrowed time with the Advil high I'm on right now. So far, I can assure you this: Golden Reach didn't die without honor; an even stronger dragon will arise from it's ashes.

DeletedUser

I'd need to find out some way for the RP to be simplistic while also enjoyable.

i agree, the reason i didn't join golden reach was that you made it almost too detailed, for instance, you had four types of characters, then four sub-character-types for each of those characters. and each one had a different font style and colour. it's just too much to keep track of.

Deleted User - 819397

i agree, the reason i didn't join golden reach was that you made it almost too detailed, for instance, you had four types of characters, then four sub-character-types for each of those characters. and each one had a different font style and colour. it's just too much to keep track of.
That was similar to why I didn't join up there, but my reason was more of the fact that I really didn't want to read all 4 mini-prep things about it (I stopped reading after I learned the nature of the thread) and then by the time I even had an interest in joining the thread itself was 4 pages long and I pretty much just said screw it.

DeletedUser28032

I like most genres though i can't write comedy very well (my sense of humour doesn't translate well into writing) though did have an idea for a 1930's gangster, Cthulu style thing

DeletedUser

That was similar to why I didn't join up there, but my reason was more of the fact that I really didn't want to read all 4 mini-prep things about it (I stopped reading after I learned the nature of the thread) and then by the time I even had an interest in joining the thread itself was 4 pages long and I pretty much just said screw it.
That's kind of a shame since we didn't end up adhering to our classes very closely anyway.

DeletedUser

Alawa and I adhered strictly to our classes....BTW, David, why not just revive Golden Reach? You finally got out of the joint, so why not?

Deleted User - 819397

Alawa and I adhered strictly to our classes....BTW, David, why not just revive Golden Reach? You finally got out of the joint, so why not?

I'm still waiting for you to post again in the Tiran sequel Peril...that'd be a great story to revive IMO :)

DeletedUser

I wholeheartedly support reviving Golden Reach, even though I already wrote an epilogue for it, which nobody seemed to notice.

DeletedUser5046

any kind of RP sure help us a lot specially in exercising our brains ^_^... and i guess ive missed a lot that i didnt even know about the golden masterpiece of david...and im glad we had Alawa! she is really a good RPer :) ntm we need an active girl with a good role for the campfire ;)

hmm... a massacre for JR... what do think RPers?

Deleted User - 819397

hmm... a massacre for JR... what do think RPers?

My concern with doing something like that is that a thread designed to be a massacre-type story is more likely to get out of hand...I mean, all you have to do is look at a few of the school-time threads back when those had a bit of a kick...can't remember if it was Annie Oakely's thread or David's, but one of them got completely out of hand (whichever one had the kidnappers in it)...in any case, if a thread like that gets out of hand, a thread based on a massacre-type thing is more than likely going to go crazy, and I'm not going to advocate something that will likely leave a black mark on the section. If the idea proves to be popular and the vast majority of you think we should try it, I'll allow it, but as soon as it starts to get out of hand I'll close it.

DeletedUser

Hmm...Campfire Massacre...
*Light bulb!*
I got it! Give me like 24 hours and I think I can get one up and running.