What is your opinion on "abortion" ??

DeletedUser5046

You gave a lot of information, but not an answer to my question.

A quick search learns me that there are proximately 1 billion christian/catholic people around the world.
Please show me where i can find the numbers that prove that the majority of them had an abortion or wanted one, like you said in the post i quoted.

Thinking that most christian people want an abortion just based on the fact that you know a few who did, doesn't make your argument valid.

Alright, do you think the Christian and Catholic church are against abortion just because the religion is against killing people? Dont you think they are also concern of the families in their religious community? As you said, there are approximately a billion of christian/catholic people around the world but still you would never accept the fact that one might have done abortion. Telling a name wont change a thing, it will just make that person lose its privacy of what's already done. I understand that you do not know who i am talking about because we arent in the same location and know the person i am talking about, but consider also the people who undergoes abortion all by themselves and never wanted anyone of their families to know what happened.

DeletedUser1121

I am sure that Catholics have had abortions. But stating that the majority did is just wrong if you can't back it up. I feel sorry for your friend who had an abortion but again, you can not let this example be a precedent for the majority.

And i personally don't think that the Christian church is that concerned about their followers. I think they are only really interested in their money. The ideas are outdated and aren't based on any facts. But that is not what we are discussing.

DeletedUser

Ultimately, the decision is up to the women, she is the one who will live with her choice.

If I planted the seed, I can offer her the option of taking and caring for the child without any involvement from her expected. But it is her option. She should not be forced into accepting my offer by anything or anyone other than her own free will.

The abortion issue is abused and misused by politicians and their supporters to divert attention away from their true agendas. Nothing more than something to distract the masses.

DeletedUser

And i personally don't think that the Christian church is that concerned about their followers. I think they are only really interested in their money. The ideas are outdated and aren't based on any facts. But that is not what we are discussing.

Ideas on abortion or just all their values and ideas in general? Because I really doubt that the Church has gone to a point of wanting money more than the salvation and goodwill for all people...

And also, if you're talking about all the ideals in general, I really doubt that kindness and peace that the Church is trying to teach is "outdated"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Alright, do you think the Christian and Catholic church are against abortion just because the religion is against killing people? Dont you think they are also concern of the families in their religious community? As you said, there are approximately a billion of christian/catholic people around the world but still you would never accept the fact that one might have done abortion. Telling a name wont change a thing, it will just make that person lose its privacy of what's already done. I understand that you do not know who i am talking about because we arent in the same location and know the person i am talking about, but consider also the people who undergoes abortion all by themselves and never wanted anyone of their families to know what happened.

Give the Catholics credit, they're against abortion because it's murder. They're against capital punishment, because it's murder. Look at some of the other Christian sects, and in this case, it's Protestant, and see how they think of the death penalty...Life is only sacred to a certain point.

DeletedUser

Give the Catholics credit, they're against abortion because it's murder. They're against capital punishment, because it's murder. Look at some of the other Christian sects, and in this case, it's Protestant, and see how they think of the death penalty...Life is only sacred to a certain point.

I get what shes saying and where shes coming from, I'm pro abortion and pro death penalty, just a hinter.

Abortion is bad because the baby is having it's life taken away without being guilty of any crime, and the death penalty is good because a criminal hurt someone so bad that, well, they don't deserve to live.

DeletedUser26406

As long as there has been people there has been a "fad" of killing children,
In ancient times it was human sacrifice...today we'd think of that as utterly cruel.
A while later in the times of the Greeks, Spartans took it upon themselves to kill all their "weak" kids...Once again we'd frown on such a act.
In Modern times we have more "humane" ways of disposing of un-wanted children (they spoil our nice quite lives with their nasty yells and screams) but really what is the difference?

There are some really impressive arguments for "the big A" but I don't buy it.

DeletedUser

There are some really impressive arguments for "the big A" but I don't buy it.
It's easy to criticize an issue when you fabricate. At which point do you consider a fertilized egg to be a "child?"

Add to this, you're a guy. What responsibility are you going to accept into impregnating a woman? The vast majority of "pro-life" men have children for which they pay no child-support and do not participate in the child's life. It's easy to criticize a notion when you lack the social burden. It's even easier when you wear blinders to the alternatives. And yet even easier when you do not define what you deem as a "child," allowing you to condemn a medical procedure on principle as opposed to factual.