What if the war had still been on?

DeletedUser

So, to answer some questions raised on other threads:
.) Was MadAlice's no longer being an active player a bad thing for w3?
The answer, unfortunately, is neither yes, nor no. It was inevitable.

Think about this, MadAlice, was extremely careful of his actions in game and on the forums, simply because of having been banned from w1 before.

The situation on w3 had become stagnant, despite MadAlice's efforts. The war had become a matter of routine. One day all of the USPO would be ko'ed, another all of San Diego would be KO'ed.

It was also a fact that not many of the duelers recruited by MadAlice were really particularly 'loyal' to the USPO. They were simply there because, well, why not. MadAlice only got them in via mass telegrams. Again, these are all well known facts, please correct me if I am wrong at any point.

The situation being as it was, the USPO was an opponent dueler's paradise. There were tons of duelers, with high dueling levels; which a good dueler could mop up and rake in a lot of dueling xp. In fact, one of the issues that I can imagine that San Diego would've had, would've been that not that many duelers were really ever left alive in USPO.

When I got control of the USPO, the situation was very different than what MadAlice made it look like. On the council forums, there were numerous posts about how no one was really actually 'doing' anything. A handful of duelers actually actively dueled San Diego, some complained about getting dueled all the time - while a huge bunch of them were simply idle. That town had something like 10+ yellow and red dots. There barely any communication between the union towns, and again, there were council posts complaining about that.

In fact, MadAlice himself posted, that he didn't want anything from a town other than them to change their name. This clearly meant that despite it's apparent size, the USPO was just an empty shell (anyone who actually wishes to read these posts, feel free to join UTW - San Jose, I've preserved most of the original posts, barring those with just dueling results, in a History forum).

Running such a union, MadAlice must've known, that this wasn't going to last for long. I noticed that the players in the USPO kept changing, several of the higher levels would regularly leave, replaced by more lower levels. In this situation, whenever forts came, the USPO would have been in no state to fight, considering that several of the UTW towns had active participation in the union (San Diego, Cripple Creek, and a couple of others that I heard in reference from different people in the UTW - yes, even after I quit the president's post, I kept an active interest in the war, talking to people all over the UTW about how things were going).

In this scenario, I believe that the only 'face saving' situation for MadAlice could simply have been the current one. This simply makes it look like he didn't have a choice in the matter and ah well, of course, since he is no longer around, the US union had to fall.

I quit the UTW, but it's still going strong. If just because of the leader being removed, a union falls apart, that means that there really wasn't much glue holding it together in the first place. One player can only provide so much glue.

Things were starting a come unstuck, and this was his only way out.
See what I am saying?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I see what your saying but not why your saying it. :huh:

Can you never just let it go?

Personally I liked MadAlice. He/she helped me in the game and was always good for a bit of banter. Unlike too many other top level players, MadAlice put the gaming first and personal fueds second. That's why he/she was #1.

The world needs players of this ilk and imo he/she is sadly missed.

DeletedUser

I *love* the argument that so many people use about their judgment of people; "Well, they are nice to talk to and have been good to me, so in my books, they are A-Ok!"

You know how many people said the same thing about, ah I don't know, Adolf Hitler? In fact, I heard that the good old George "Dubya" Bush is quite a personable guy too!

Come on, how much more blatantly selfish do people get? You know what, I understand the argument that oh, we needed a polarizing force, hell, I even agree with it.

But this argument? It is symbolizes the epitome of pure human stupidity, enabled by short sightedness and enticed into existence by it's innate selfish nature.

Oh and let me preemptively answer your next question. No, I don't think MadAlice was as bad as Hitler; if that's what you get out my post, then well, I guess there really is no hope for you - as there really isn't for humanity.

People is people.