"What If Calculator"

• Thread starter JimBob HayField
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I know a few site that have job calculators, But do any of them have a "what if calculator"?

What i mean is this:

Lets say i have my Eye on a item in the tailor that i think will help me do more jobs, but i am undecided, before i plop down my hard earned money, I can add this item to my existing inventory, and see how many more jobs open up.

I know some of the sites have listed the best items for a job.

If none exist, please take note west-stats and westtool and any other.

Respectfully,
JimBob HayField

DeletedUser

You mean like this? http://www.weststats.com/Job_items/

If you click the job icon in the West Stats job calculator, it'll get you the best job items for that job, or you can use the link above and do it manually.
I think he's asking for feature that lets you put an item into your inventory and see which jobs become available. This would help you decide whether to buy it or not.

DeletedUser

Ahh, yeah, that is a little bit different. Not a bad idea actually, although I usually only care about specific jobs. I buy what I need to do a specific job then update my inventory and see what else it gave me.

DeletedUser

yes but you need it often,its good idea.
for example you dont buy gear then regret,you can use "what if calculator" to know which is the best for you and you dont waste your money.
i agree that it would be great

DeletedUser

I understand that for some low level players it could be useful, as its easier to do many jobs. But at higher levels - you start concentrating on certain jobs and it would be no use.

DeletedUser

so ideas is for only ingame ideas, right?

and if the Weststats is Third party and this is the first party, then where's the Second?

DeletedUser

so ideas is for only ingame ideas, right?

and if the Weststats is Third party and this is the first party, then where's the Second?

You are. The first party is the primary developer, the second party is the consumer, the third party is the secondary developer for related products.

DeletedUser

so, first party = devs
second party = me, and non mods
and third party = u, vio and the mods?

DeletedUser

Hmm,... I'm sure I posted in this thread a week ago offering to add the feature to www.TheWestInsider.com's best-job calculator, but the post seems strangely missing....?

Anyway, I've added it now, in fact you can select a whole outfit of items to test against if you like, and you can also test what the results would be of taking a particular class or increasing a particular stat, or almost anything else, (including different premium bonuses)...

Hope this helps; check it out here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12394

Wow! Really nice job mate! This is definitely going to come in handy.