What do you think the best job/work is?

DeletedUser

Breaking horses at the moment XP wise...
Stone mining is winner for $ tho..

Also Brandling cattle is worthy also... 25% exp and the item sold is worth 39$... so nice money too once general store will be up and running

DeletedUser

Cowboy is a nice one for lower levels. You can get it as early as L4 if you invest your points into mobility and riding. (Riding = double points). With an EXP rate of 17%, you can jump in levels quickly, giving you skill points for more profitable jobs. The product sells for $12 as wel, so taking it in 2-hour shifts can really pay off.

Branding Cattle has a bigger EXP gain and product value, but isn't worth it until you find some necklaces, IMO, as it has a fairly high difficulty.

For profit, Stone Mining's 17% cash and 8% EXP make it the best at low levels (just invest all your points into Strength and Vigor and you can achieve it at L3!), followed by Tanning.

DeletedUser

I'm a level ***** this world so i'm Breaking horsies at the moment :p :p

58 Experience points

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How do you have enough skill to do that??????? i have 5 free attributes and 19 skill points but i cant do it!!!! how????????

DeletedUser3741

hes level 10

Ill just be over there with my $22% gemstones

DeletedUser

Where are these jobs listed ?

Breaking horses - branding cattle etc ?

they don't show up on map / menu

Also what does the % mean next to product ie posters 40% - and is there a ratio involved ie 2 hour labour = 40% of pruduct produced ?

thanks

DeletedUser

lol, got my animal instinct high so i could brand cattle and i have the highest animal instinct level in the world!!!!!!!!!:D w00t!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Also what does the % mean next to product ie posters 40% - and is there a ratio involved ie 2 hour labour = 40% of pruduct produced ?

thanks

The stats section will have all the jobs listed, and no 40% means that every 30 minutes of doing a job there is a 40% chance of finding the object, and yes you can find more then one object in an hour or even 2 hours.

DeletedUser

Thanks re the % level thing

So if looking to gather just the product you would do minimum time on it but if high % of "finding" item you would stick around longer ?

And i see that the jobs increase in line with your level as these jobs now appear on the map and drop down tab.

thanks for helping out a greenhorn :)

DeletedUser

thanks

As you level up more jobs become available to you. Lower levels will not see the higher jobs. At your level now, you will see some jobs that are greyed out, that means you do not have the right skills, at this time, to be able to work that job.

Just hang in there and you'll see more jobs.

EDIT: a minute too late. Saw you figured out the level thing.

DeletedUser

Laying some railroad tracks...

and all they give you is a FREAKIN' GLASS OF WATER!!!

I will take the $8% and 16%EXP :D

WOW :eek: Breaking Horses 31%EXP!!!

DeletedUser

Ok not sure if teaching some to suck eggs but found this in the help section

"When you work on a job for 30 minutes you have the stated probability to find the work product for this job"

So basically if you have a product - say sugar cane - and it has 100% underneath it then for every 30 minutes you work at that job you WILL earn 100% or 1 of the product.

So if a product - say wool - and it is only 25% then basically you have a 1 in 4 chance that after 30 minutes you will earn that product so to achieve a 100% return you MUST work for 2 hours or else gamble that you get that 1 in 4:eek:.

The finding of items is linked to the % of "luck" in the bar graph and the amount of time spent working that product.

I am getting this now :)

DeletedUser

From Help:

When you work on a job for 30 minutes you have the stated probability to find the work product for this job. If you work for 2 hours you could find four items if you are really lucky.

So if you work 2 hours, you could get 4 OR in theory you could get none.

2 hours:

Try 1 = 25%
Try 2 = 25%
Try 3 = 25%
Try 4 = 25%

At least that's my understanding of it.

EDIT: Damn you Talamare!!! I need a second cup of coffee.

DeletedUser

Ah i see you may be right on that one - all you would be doing by working 2 hours would be like buying 4 lottery tickets each with a 1:4 chance of winning.

This would explain the posters taking forever to collect two as only a 40% return.