What are you supposed to put in here then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I was asked by a bunch of people to put a post in the forum when we got our General store up and running.

So i did, I got thanks for it by a few people, and now i receive an email saying that we can't post that stuff?????

If we can't post about town development, then what's the point of having a forum?

Believe it or not, people ARE interested when their aren't that many towns around that have what they are looking for.

I think it would be good if we had a section dedicated to each sector of the world map (by the way, grid references would be helpful here) where we could post what towns have what available, so people would know the closest locations of where to go for stuff.

Asking town construction and town recruitment to be in the same area takes too long to sift through all the threads to find what you are looking for. Especially since people don't seem to update their details and delete their posts if they aren't necessary anymore.

If people weren't interested in my post they didn't have to read it, i believe it was pretty clear in the title what it was about.

If i somehow offended anyone with posting it I apologise. I don't mean to offend anyone. But please explain to me why you would read something that clearly states in the title what it's about, if you aren't interested in what it says.

So tell me, what CAN you put in this forum?:confused:

DeletedUser

I agree with you. Seems like we're not allowed to post anything that's really worth positing.

Makes no sense in having a world specific forum.

DeletedUser

Ok, if EVERY town in the game posts that they built a general store, it would creae to many threads, and start being known as spam. The mods and me are trying to stop that before it happens.

DeletedUser

What Hunting Elites said. It's just the same as 30 people asking the same question in Questions / FAQ. We don't need the forums cluttered by "Check out our new store" topics!

DeletedUser

i think for the moment that posting gen store/tailor/hotel etc is worth it, since they are so scarce. But i doa gree once peopel are getting more money that it will be a mess

i think a moderator should add subforums for "new buildings"

for people to advertise etc

DeletedUser

Well there will be a mechanism at www.WestStats.com for people to search through individual towns to see what they have for sale ... I don't think its up and running yet.

If you look there you'll see the link to input your items... if every town posted what they had for sale we'd need a forum just for that ...

DeletedUser

There are loads of towns with stores and hotels
the top 40 i believe have 1 of these if not both.
The reason i remove them is due to the fact they are annoying
and people spam them asking to join
which is the entirely wrong section to join towns
thats why they are removed.
And West-stats are getting something soon like Whistlingleaf said ;)

DeletedUser

i agree the top 40 have one or so...but with such a huge map that is such a far spread

and it was so annoying clicking on every town, going in and seeing if they had a hotel etc

is it posisble for a graphic to be done differently on the town to show if it has a hotel tailor etc

(like on the main map not when u click town)

DeletedUser

lots of towns build up Hotels and General stores and morticians and gunsmiths, but don't brag about it, why bother? your general store has nothing new anyone needs if they need something they can go to their towns general store, thats why i consider the town gets a % of what the general store sales a joke, now if the town gets a % of what the Hotel makes alot of us would be making some money.

also my town is ranked like 361 and we have both a hotel and a store.

DeletedUser

There are at least two towns per Square with a Town and Hotel.

DeletedUser

i think for the moment that posting gen store/tailor/hotel etc is worth it, since they are so scarce. But i doa gree once peopel are getting more money that it will be a mess

i think a moderator should add subforums for "new buildings"

for people to advertise etc

That is why we have another thread for that...the TOWN RECRUITMENT SECTION!!!

DeletedUser

That is why we have another thread for that...the TOWN RECRUITMENT SECTION!!!

thanks tips

thats for recruiting into your town not annoucning you have this or that shop

in my area of the map there was one hotel in a 4 grid area (as in, within the 4 adjoining grids ONE had a hotel and 2 had a tailor/gen store

DeletedUser

At first we did allow it, 50 threads later... we don't.
I hope you can understand the reasoning behind that.

DeletedUser

i agree the top 40 have one or so...but with such a huge map that is such a far spread

and it was so annoying clicking on every town, going in and seeing if they had a hotel etc

is it posisble for a graphic to be done differently on the town to show if it has a hotel tailor etc

(like on the main map not when u click town)

This is why i was requested to post when we had produced different buildings because there were very few villages in our square (3 at the time of posting), not one of them had any buildings constructed. We were the fastest in our grid to construct and people wanted to know when they would be able to sell stuff, buy stuff etc.

I think we really do need a grid reference in here, I know someone is going to say that they're sick of hearing it, but aren't we all thinking it anyway:p.

I posted stuff cause it was requested.

And having someway of identifying what a town has without actually clicking on it is a FANTASTIC idea.

It's all well and good, for the people in town areas that have been up and running for weeks to say that they have it all in their own stores, but where we are there's little construction, we have to hunt for what we want.

DeletedUser

Well, Clicking on it is part of the game.
Cowboys didn't have uber view to see what they had, they had to check first.

Closed, Answer is done etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.