what are the best jobs for a newbie?!

DeletedUser

what are the best jobs to do for a new player or newbie?! As well what should a newbie sink skill points and such into?! I have well i am a level 4 and i have done the bare min. on most stuff to complete my quests but i havent found any items except products.

Can someone please please give me some advice?! Its so apperciated.

DeletedUser

As another new player, THAT was a helpful link! Much appreciated. Is there such a link for careers? I understand the idea that careers are different from doing jobs but what I'm wondering is if there is a similar chart or post that details "best in stats" for sepcific careers and gives a decent overview of the type of game The West becomes as a player chooses a career path.

As I right this I'm just 3 EXP from hitting level 10 but I have no idea yet what I'll do once I can choose a career and that seems like a pretty important decision to make as I'm locked in going forward. I've tried searching these forums, but haven't found anything yet. :unsure:

DeletedUser

i am interested in career advice also but thank you for the job link. :)

DeletedUser

Well it depends.

if you like dueling and want to go in the path of a fighter choose either the soldier or the dueler class, compare the bonuses and decide which do you prefer.

if you would rather help build your town by constructing buildings and just do jobs choose the worker class.

if you just want to travel the world and find items easier choose the adventurer class.

DeletedUser

Well it depends.

if you like dueling and want to go in the path of a fighter choose either the soldier or the dueler class, compare the bonuses and decide which do you prefer.

if you would rather help build your town by constructing buildings and just do jobs choose the worker class.

if you just want to travel the world and find items easier choose the adventurer class.

Craz, thanks for the post. Mind a follow-up? Dueling and adventuring sound fun, travel around, lots of variety, etc... Building, on the other hand, seems ... boring, from what I can gather so far. Does a builder just hang out in a town working on upgrading the towns buildings. So, log in, update a build que, occasionally spend skill points, and log back out? Are there other rewards for being a builder (beyond the class rewards)? I ask because I was leaning towards being a builder, as I see all kinds of town notices looking for builders, but if being one is little more then acting as a human bot to push building queues then perhaps I should reconsider. Thanks for any headsup you can offer.

DeletedUser

Well there is a good feeling when you look at your town's buildings and know you had a lot to do with it.
besides builders get to put more money in their bank account and get more exp from jobs, that's a nice plus :)

but if you are not interested in help building a town don't go and be a worker in my opinion, that's the whole point of being a builder.

DeletedUser

Workers have a high Construction and there are a lot of good jobs that have 2 or 3 skills that is Construction. You can pretty much jump between building coffins for money and building a railroad station for exp until you get to windmills that has 40% of both

DeletedUser

How about prospector?any explanation?it is worth being prospector? Thx

DeletedUser

So it's only about the avatar, ok then.

Thx Elmyr

Best Regard

NcueZz