Resolved What a player does if he sees a moderator exploiting his own power as a moderator?

DeletedUser15641

Option A:He/she reports the abusing moderator to innogames.

Option B:He/she reports it to community manager.

Option C:but if the moderator was the community manager is the one abusing power than he/she does option A?

DeletedUser22685

You're correct about what to do if a moderator exploits their power, however I'm not too sure about CMs. I don't think you'll need to worry about a CM exploiting their power anyway (or a mod for that matter).

DeletedUser15641

Well it is possible but for now these good peeps does not like to do that but they can do that...

Being unfair to a specific player etc.

Just to let some peeps who feel that they are being over powered and being used as a dummy puppet for over powered players via mods just a simple guide on what to do if that happens :).

DeletedUser22685

I'm sure I've seen the process written somewhere official, but I can't find it in the forum rules and can't think where else it would have been. Like I said, if a mod abuses their power, send a PM to a Community Manager.

DeletedUser

I can speak from my experience, i was "victim" of mod power abuse and wrote about it to community manager. It really wasn't big deal and no much harm done but still i got sort of apology from community manager and promise it won't happen again. It was handled pretty ok for me.

Deleted User - 1278415

As a prior-sheriff-mod here, I'll interject a disclaimer. Do not write about the potential/possible mod abuse out in the open on this forum or in the game.
oh and "Use the report post button". It makes a paper trail :)

The mods here have a good staff and while it may seem to some that they just have an overwhelming wand of power that is greater than your character ever could imagine... they really don't.

When I was here I didn't even think the CM had time to play the west. As for infractions and reports... the sheriffs and other mods take care of that unless it gets blown out of proportion. In which case the CM steps in. So I wouldn't worry about corruption in the chain of command here compared to other games.

If I didn't have such a busy life I would come back to work for the mods, but that was my choice. I've been recruited to work for other Innogames as a mod as well & i turned those down too. Being a mod is hard work at times... granted it has its goof off times and futu keeps it interesting to say the least.

However I think there has been enough stated on this thread, possibly time to close it.

DeletedUser8627

Ok you got me, I'm sorry :( it won't happen again! NOW OBEY!! :mad:

If a moderator is abusing his power, report it to a CM. We have two of them, myself and Desi Bouke.

If a CM is abusing his power, keep quiet. Bans are immanent :p. OR just report it to the other CM.

In all my time here I've dealt with countless accusations of moderators abusing their power. 99% of the time if has been false accusations though and usually just a disgruntled player not having his way with us due to our policies we have in place.

But I have a lot of trust in my support team, I do not think there are any potential moderators that will abuse his or her power. The ban hammer screams loudly those terrifying unspoken words.

:);)