Website westcalc.info – job and fort battle clothing calculator

DeletedUser

Just wondering, how do you pick those items you calculate ... Do you try to make best Att+Def bonus or did you specify some costs for trade one point of Att for point of HP or so?

How do you know that what you picked is best for everybody?

DeletedUser

Just wondering, how do you pick those items you calculate ... Do you try to make best Att+Def bonus or did you specify some costs for trade one point of Att for point of HP or so?

How do you know that what you picked is best for everybody?

He didn't pick anything. Whatever we're told is based entirely on the numbers, although I'm starting to question the whole "bonuses are all that matter" thing again. I do better attacking and defending with pure strength melee dueling builds than I do with a pure fort fighter build in the mid 80s.

DeletedUser

He didn't pick anything. Whatever we're told is based entirely on the numbers, although I'm starting to question the whole "bonuses are all that matter" thing again. I do better attacking and defending with pure strength melee dueling builds than I do with a pure fort fighter build in the mid 80s.
I think the very large bonuses given on buildings, towers and walls, reduces the importance of the bonus you get from skills and gear a great deal. Even a pure, well-equiped high-level fort fighter, with a bonus around 20, will easily be (out?) matched by a low-level, poorly equiped mix-build standing on a fully built tower or wall.

DeletedUser

@ puli, the script tries to find the equipment combination with the best balanced shooting and dodging bonus.Among the combinations with the same bonus it picks the one that gives the more health points.
The average hit made from popular weapons is over 200,so you have to gain above 20 health points to resist one more hit(except of being a soldier or a premium soldier).In my opinion it's better to dodge than to resit the hit,because with dodging you may avoid more than one hit.You may (i think you may not) die faster,but you absorb hits that could do damage to your team.Another reason i vote for dodging is that less hits you get,means less xp for your oponents.So dodging helps a lot more in the "makroeconomy" of fort battles than health.
You always have the functionality to test different equipmnet from the suggested and easily see what effect the changes have,to determine what fits your needs best.

@elmyr,have you tried recently your fort build?In a another post i think you said,you do better with duel equipment.My point is that maybe you became better fort battler by practice and experience gained participating in battles.

@d saint,that area needs research.Dodging bonus is static,but shooting bonus is affected by distance.Standart bonuses(like the +5 in duels) propably exist also_Off-building fighters overcome in numbers those who stand on the buildings in the first rounds.We have to analize theese factors and understand the way developers balanced the battles.And then we will find out how important is the bonus gained by clothes,standing on a building or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@elmyr,have you tried recently your fort build?In a another post i think you said,you do better with duel equipment.My point is that maybe you became better fort battler by practice and experience gained participating in battles.

Miss...miss...miss...miss.

I'll be adding a lot of aim before my next battle.

DeletedUser

I haven't been able to access the site for a few days now and had intermittent problems before that. Can someone tell me if there is a problem plz?

PS Does this script need Greasemonkey to run? Just cleaned my laptop and wiped the HD. Greasemonkey was wiped in the process.

DeletedUser

It works fine for me. I don't know what's causing your problems, but it has nothing to do with Greasemonkey, which only uses scripts you've downloaded and installed. No external script has anything to do with GM.

DeletedUser

I haven't been able to access the site for a few days now and had intermittent problems before that. Can someone tell me if there is a problem plz?

PS Does this script need Greasemonkey to run? Just cleaned my laptop and wiped the HD. Greasemonkey was wiped in the process.

It works fine for me also.Greasemonkey is not needed to run the script.
I'm guessing since you reinstaled firefox, you need to enable again the popups from the game tab.The first time you enable them,they still dont appear,so you have to run the script again.If that doesn't solve your problem try another browser like opera or chrome,just to make sure if there is a general network problem or a firefox specific one.

DeletedUser

Woks fine for me too.

Westcalc, here's a little suggestion. Why don't you ad instructions to your website about how to set up a link in the bookmark tab with the script (just like thewestinsider does? It is very convenient to have westcalc set up in that way.

DeletedUser

well,
1)make a bookmark(or use an existing not needed one).
2)rigth click it and select properties
3)at the name textfield type a name of your choice
4)replace the text at the address/location textfield with the script
5) click save chacges.
please correct me if i skiped any steps or said something wrong.

DeletedUser

well,
1)make a bookmark(or use an existing not needed one).
2)rigth click it and select properties
3)at the name textfield type a name of your choice
4)replace the text at the address/location textfield with the script
5) click save chacges.
please correct me if i skiped any steps or said something wrong.

He means for anyone who visits the site, not for himself. He knows how to do it. That post will be completely lost when this thread goes to a new page.

DeletedUser

I can get the calc to work on world 6 every time but for some reason it will not work on world 10. I have deleted cookies and temp files and ever tried both firefox and IE with no difference. What it does is it loads everything off the open inventories and the page come up with my name and what world but when you click calculate selected job I get this and it never does seem to get there.

calculating...
if this spiral moves fast and for long time,propably something is going wrong.
Check communication with the game and/or retry your last action

DeletedUser

Deleting coockies does not help with this script.Trying with IE is also pointless since it doesn't work with IE browsers at all.Propably you got some place in your inventory empty.You should wear something for your head,body,neck.Put on your shoes,equip a product,grab your weapon,mount your horse and you are ready.

DeletedUser

It is a nice tool - thank you for designing it - I use it for fort battles
but change a little so that I have more health points.

But I have this problem - when the calculator makes out a set of clothes and I see them in the game window - I cannot click on the first 4 combos -
2 of which are for hat and hat from the town shops and
for a neckband and a neckband from the shop.

I can still change the value in the combos by keyboard
if I use the tab or shift-tab key combination and get to them but it's kind of hard.

I use Opera and FF.

DeletedUser

It really needs more options, but I think he's already planning on it. I would think just adding check boxes for shooting, dodging, and health would be enough. For our needs I mean, I realize there's more to it than just adding check boxes.

Edit: Although you know I'd like it even better if I could weight aim heavier than the other shooting skills. ;)

DeletedUser

I had implemented functions that focus on shooting or dodging(bonus calculations),but i had not seen changes that worth the trouble(algorithm became high time consuming).I have planed to add some limits eg output only combinations that reach a certain skill limit but due to heavy schedule it went behind.Functions to maximize skill points for some skills already exist in the script code(including aim Elmyr :) ) but i doubt if that can help.Anyway for max aim:
Code:
javascript:putLoader('epilogos');var%20ji=98;myShow('setCell');theGame.postMessage('wcsScript('+ji+');',theGameOrigin);void(0);
for max hiding(it can help for lvl 67 quest)
Code:
javascript:putLoader('epilogos');var%20ji=97;myShow('setCell');theGame.postMessage('wcsScript('+ji+');',theGameOrigin);void(0);

for max health replace 97/98 with 101
put code on address bar of the scripts control panel after you run the main script.

DeletedUser

You could make a much simpler option and just remove dodging from the calculations entirely. I honestly think that would satisfy pretty much everyone who's interested in more options, because I doubt many people want to maximize dodging and ignore shooting.

DeletedUser

edit:forgot to answer to astera.sory.
That seems to be an invisible element on top of the script.I could not reproduce it.Ithink that could happen after chat resizing.Give me more info to reproduce the bug so i can tell if there is a solution.

You could make a much simpler option and just remove dodging from the calculations entirely. I honestly think that would satisfy pretty much everyone who's interested in more options, because I doubt many people want to maximize dodging and ignore shooting.

It can be done,although it will not help in battles(someone has always to dodge to give others the oportunity to shoot more),but thats only my opinion.If people think it would help,i will try to add it soon.

Another thing that i want to investigate independently of the scripts purpose is how the initiative is decided.I dont know if i use the right word but i mean the order players shoot.I think it is decided by the position on the map,from left to right and top to bottom.That's a conclusion only from my experience where sometimes i can hit and hide fast before getting hit when i am on top or left side of the map.If this is true it can be used for better strategies in the battlefield.I would like to hear your experiences and maybe we can make out a patern.