Website westcalc.info – job and fort battle clothing calculator

DeletedUser

Opera 10 is now supported.I didn't change anything.Just the opera developers decided to adopt more standards in this later version.
Unfortunately the script for the beta world is broken again.

I really think they're changing the display to screw with everyone who thinks they can make the game better.

I agree with everything D.Saint has said about the fort gear calculator. Besides listing the skills individually, a breakdown would be nice showing total points for each with gear bonuses and points required to get to the next level, to help in spending SP for fort skills.

DeletedUser

well i fixed the script for the beta once and after adout five days it was broken again,so i ll fix it again once and for all after the final release of the 1.23.
As for the other options you and Dr Saint suggested ,i'll implement them as soon as i find some time.Weekend is coming.
But my priority is some other battle "builds" like high aim and health.I want to test their efficiency in the battlefield first.It would be usefull for some people,especially those who don't stand at the front line.

DeletedUser

[...]and points required to get to the next level, to help in spending SP for fort skills.

If by levels you're referring to the skill point numbers 1, 3, 10, 23, 43, etc. it seems that these numbers are completely irrelevant, by the comment Zet posted on the developers blog:

"Also you might want to know that the help does not re*veal that the bonus is float*ing point which means that you can have an “un*even” bonus, for ex*am*ple 7.3."

But, still a list of the 4 skills and their corresponding individual boni would be nice:
Leadership: xx [+3.4]
etc.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I was going to say that after I saw the link in the most recent fort skills thread in Questions.

DeletedUser

Individual bonuses and the health gain of the clothing combination are shown now.Please ,tell me if that's ok or if you want something more.

DeletedUser

Individual bonuses and the health gain of the clothing combination are shown now.Please ,tell me if that's ok or if you want something more.
I see no changes when I try the script. Have you updated the script on your site?

DeletedUser

I see no changes when I try the script. Have you updated the script on your site?

i think your browser cached the script file.I believe now it's forced to load the new one.Try again if you got time and look on the upper right cell for the changes at the in game part of the script.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sorry, I still see no change. Is this working for anyone else?

I am running teh latest version of Firefox (updated today). I have also manually c/p the script from your site.

Nowhere do I see any of the new information.

DeletedUser

woks fine with firefox 3.5.3

21851480.jpg

couldn't this be placed outside the game page ?

I don't mean just the bonus but everything that appears under the game's window

DeletedUser

Ahh, I was always looking for that info on the westcalc page, where the total bonus is shown.

Now that I am on a Mac, I do see the info. But I am quite sure it didn't appear on my home laptop. I'll have to check that when I get back.

@Westcalc,
Thanks a lot for adding all these things!

DeletedUser

updated for version 1.23.Both versions 1.22 and 1.23 can be found on web page.

DeletedUser

I think it's just a matter of how it displays in the game tab with the new version.

DeletedUser

the 1.23 map was ovelaping the dressing room.Also,the height is reduced and for firefox users it's possible to see small icons next to item names for testing items easier.

DeletedUser6752

I tried it last night and again today, and I can't get past the "Initializing ... Force Initialization" bit.

Using Firefox 3.5.5

Before anyone asks, I also have all slots (except fort weapon) filled and have my Inventory window open.

Never mind - I learned to read and enabled popups. d'Oh!

DeletedUser

I can't see if this has been resolved here and I apologise if it has but I can get a better spread of fort skills manually than doing it via westcalc. i.e. I can get to a level on aim for example by sacrificing SP in another area without reducing that attribute to a lower level. I thought this had been addressed. Any plans to do so?

DeletedUser

I can't see if this has been resolved here and I apologise if it has but I can get a better spread of fort skills manually than doing it via westcalc. i.e. I can get to a level on aim for example by sacrificing SP in another area without reducing that attribute to a lower level. I thought this had been addressed. Any plans to do so?

can you be more specific please because i m not sure that i understand your point.You can achive highier shooting bonus total or just aim?It would be nice if you post the two SP spreads.Also the deeper option checked, helps most of the times.

DeletedUser

can you be more specific please because i m not sure that i understand your point.You can achive highier shooting bonus total or just aim?It would be nice if you post the two SP spreads.Also the deeper option checked, helps most of the times.

I think he's talking about a "what if" skill calculator for fort skills like The West Insider has for jobs, but it's not really necessary due to the fact that you don't just lose excess skill points over the minimum for a certain bonus, i.e. the most efficient place to put skill points is in your lowest fort skill.

DeletedUser

[...] I can get to a level on aim for example by sacrificing SP in another area without reducing that attribute to a lower level. I thought this had been addressed. Any plans to do so?

The problem is that these levels don't exist. Having 71 Aim is only marginally better than having 70 aim - not a 'level' better.

Zet (one of the developers) said in a comment to the developer blog that the bonus was calculated as a floating point number and not an integer. So the levels or step-numbers in the help file only indicate that there fort skills give decreasing marginal returns, that is an extra point gives less bonus the more points you already have.