Website westcalc.info – job and fort battle clothing calculator

DeletedUser

I liked the script and I’m going to use it, now with the deeper option is more accurate and the shop feature is great.

On the down side I think is a bit user unfriendly

Great job !

DeletedUser1144

I honestly can't get this to work... This is what I do, please tell me where I'm wrong:

1) I go to the main site and copy the java script.
2) I change to a tab that has the-west open and past the script into the url and press enter.
3) It the opens a new tab where it has recognized my world and character name.
4) I select the job on the list (Hunting Wolves, which I know my hider (who has fairly little equipment) can do).
5) I click 'Calculate selected job'.
6) It starts doing the Firefox-spiral and says 'calculating...' below, but nothing ever happens. It's been doing that for 15 minutes now, and it did the same thing yesterday.

I use Firefox, btw.

EDIT: There's no dressing room or anything that has popped up either..?
You need to have your inventory open, and the script will work fine.

DeletedUser

I would say 95% of the time the calculator won't work for me either.

I get the pop-up window, but when I tell it to calculate a job / fort attack / defense, the I just get the never ending circle that says calculating, but nothing happens. Inventory IS open when I run the script. If I checkmark the deep search box, I get a message saying browser may freeze for a bit, but it is working.

I have noticed that if the browser DOES freeze, it WILL work, but most of the time the browser never freezes and it never calculates.

I am using firefox 3.5.3

DeletedUser

click force initialization on the game tab and try again.It may solve your problem.If not please send me a pm with your error report.(tools-->error console).

DeletedUser

click force initialization on the game tab and try again.

Where is that located, I don't see anything that says that in the west screen or your screen.

If not please send me a pm with your error report.(tools-->error console).

Also how to I find that???? Don't see any "tools" category on your webpage.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but when I run the inventory script, it makes ALL the item images in my backpack AND most of the item images in my active inventory BLANK, ie just a gray background square, until I refresh the browser. Since this is a relatively new firefox version, I wonder if that is the reason for the issue.

DeletedUser

Also how to I find that???? Don't see any "tools" category on your webpage.

For anyone else wondering it is located under Tools in the FireFox browser.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but when I run the inventory script, it makes ALL the item images in my backpack AND most of the item images in my active inventory BLANK, ie just a gray background square, until I refresh the browser.

If the above happens to you, the script won't work until you fill ALL active slots [excluding left hand slot, ie fort gun weapon which can be empty or full], even the product [yield] slot has to have something in it in order for the script to work [which was my issue].

Thanks for the help,
Klondike

DeletedUser

I 've been using the westcalc for 2 weeks and I'm pleased with the calculators' accurancy. Because of the fact that my inventory is full of drop items from all the sets (indian, mexican, farmer) I have noticed that the calculations combine both 3 sets for higher labor points.
I use it often because of the many options to choose (jobs, fort battles, max speed, town stores) and fort battles is far the most interesting thing to do at the west.

DeletedUser

i really like it. At first i found it a little dificult to understand but now it's all right. One suggestion i have.
It would be usefull i think to calculate the best items not only from shops but from the enire game. Like west stats tries unsuccesfully to do.
Thanks

DeletedUser

Well I dunno, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
For one, when I put the script bit in the address bar and press enter (with inventory open, all items filled) it opens two (or sometimes 3) tabs to the control panel.
I then proceed to select 'Beaver Hunt' (a job I know I can do). And click "Calculate selected job". Then I get this error, and the thing never finishes.

Error: theGame is undefined
Source File: javascript:putLoader('epilogos');var%20ji=getSelectedJob();myShow('setCell');theGame.postMessage('wcsScript('+ji+');',theGameOrigin);void(0);
Line: 1

(Using Firefox 3.5.3)

DeletedUser

i really like it. At first i found it a little dificult to understand but now it's all right. One suggestion i have.
It would be usefull i think to calculate the best items not only from shops but from the enire game. Like west stats tries unsuccesfully to do.
Thanks

it would be a good addition.if i find more time i ll try it

Well I dunno, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
For one, when I put the script bit in the address bar and press enter (with inventory open, all items filled) it opens two (or sometimes 3) tabs to the control panel.
I then proceed to select 'Beaver Hunt' (a job I know I can do). And click "Calculate selected job". Then I get this error, and the thing never finishes.

Error: theGame is undefined
Source File: javascriptutLoader('epilogos');var%20ji=getSelectedJob();myShow('setCell');theGame.postMessage('wcsScript('+ji+');',theGameOrigin);void(0);
Line: 1

(Using Firefox 3.5.3)

well i think it has to do something with the tabs.it shouldnt open more than one extra tab.
Opening 2 or 3 it means that the script runs 2 or three times at the same time.
try clicking the green arrow after you paste the script in the address bar and pm me if it solves the problem or not.

DeletedUser

Hi! Great new feature this, but I don't think your fort battle gear calculator works quite right.

This is from the dev-blog, and is an answer from Zet to a question from a player. Zet is a developer.
http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=163#comments

August 20th, 2009 at 17:12 | #11
Reply | Quote
@Slashas: Each skill is converted to the given table in the help (max 9). Then it is summed up and this is the bonus you gain. So yes, your best bonus is 27. Also you might want to know that the help does not reveal that the bonus is floating point which means that you can have an “uneven” bonus, for example 7.3. We’ll add a sectorbonus preview in 1.​22 so it’ll be more transparent.
What does that mean? It means the battle bonuses are floating, each point counts. It also means that the optimal way of getting bonuses is to spread out the fort skills evenly. I.e, raising stamina from 10-20 will give you a higher battle bonus (in attack), than raising leadership from 60-71, regardless of any "bonus boundary" crossed. Each point counts, but it also counts less and less the higher the skill gets. The optimal skill distribution is an even one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi! Great new feature this, but I don't think your fort battle gear calculator works quite right.

This is from the dev-blog, and is an answer from Zet to a question from a player. Zet is a developer.
http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=163#comments

What does that mean? It means the battle bonuses are floating, each point counts. It also means that the optimal way of getting bonuses is to spread out the fort skills evenly. I.e, raising stamina from 10-20 will give you a higher battle bonus (in attack), than raising leadership from 60-71, regardless of any "bonus boundary" crossed. Each point counts, but it also counts less and less the higher the skill gets. The optimal skill distribution is an even one.

Well in your example asuming that there is no dodge/aim, the bonus should be 9,35.Treating bonus as an integer (choosing the 10-71 build instead of the 20-60)we would have a bonus of 9.So the deference is 0.35 or adout 3.7% of the real bonus.If we add bonus from dodge/aim the percentage is even smaller.So i think its acceptable.But i got your point and i ll try to tune it better.

DeletedUser

Update: Fort bonus calculations use floating point than integer improving results.

DeletedUser

update,added some job sorting functions (by % of money,xp,luck,danger).Also added the construction job.

DeletedUser

Looks good!

A suggestion: I would like to see the actual skills and their points listed for fort attack and defence, not just the total bonus points.

Example:

JOB: Fort attack

Leadership: xx
Stamina: xx
Aim: xx
Dodging: xx

Shooting bonus: xx
Dodging bonus: xx

DeletedUser

added to the "to do" list ,but at the bottom :) because i can't see how this would become usefull.

DeletedUser

It would be interesting to see what level your skills end up at, especially when there is a slight difference between the "deep calculation" gear proposal and the regular one.

Also, total heath-points with the suggested gear would also be useful battle info.

DeletedUser

Opera 10 is now supported.I didn't change anything.Just the opera developers decided to adopt more standards in this later version.
Unfortunately the script for the beta world is broken again.

Last edited by a moderator: