Website westcalc.info – job and fort battle clothing calculator

DeletedUser

a new tool for The West is from today available at:

www.westcalc.info

There is a script that will help you select the best equipment for a job or for a fort battle.

Among other features it provides:

• 100% accuracy.
Including multiple item sets.

• Calculates your best equipment for defending and attacking a fort.

• Supports shops.
You can include your town's shops and any other town's shop you like, deciding what to buy with ease.

• Results displayed also on the game screen.
Once you choose to calculate the equipment for a job, a "dressing room" appears in the game with the suggested set loaded.

• Full and easy testing of inventory and shop items.
You can test whatever clothing combination you like in the dressing room. Information of each item's effect and stats are also provided

• Easily equip the suggested set.
Just click on the displayed items (one click per item). No need to search them in your inventory.

• Import nothing.
Your skills stay in the game.

Instructions on the script's page.
supported browsers:Firefox,Chrome,Safari,Opera 10

update:+function for max speed
update:browser does not freeze when calculating all jobs

update 10/10/09: Fort bonus calculations use floating point than integer improving results.

update 15/10/09: added some job sorting functions (by % of money,xp,luck,danger) and the construction job.

update 23/10/09:Opera 10 supported

update 18/11/09:Update for 1.23.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Works like a charm for me, and it seems very useful.

Once you choose to calculate the equipment for a job, a "dressing room" appears in the game with the suggested set loaded.

Where is this dressing room?

DeletedUser

Its on the game tab.The thing where you can test clothes.Thanks for trying it.

DeletedUser

There is an incompatibility with the Full-Screen Script (I don't know how many people use it), just thought I put this up.

thewestjobcalcproblem.png

But without the Full Screen Script, westcalc works perfect.

And I just love the note script ;) Good job

DeletedUser

I added a function for calculating the equipment that gives the maximum speed to the character

DeletedUser1144

Thanks, I am going to use this for a battle, hope it is good ;)

Although it seems to focus on the "shooting" while the west FAQ says that u should increase ur "aim" . Is that the same thing in fort battles ?

DeletedUser

By "shooting" I think he means total bonus attacking a fort and by "dodging" total bonus defending a fort.

DeletedUser

Thanks, I am going to use this for a battle, hope it is good ;)

Although it seems to focus on the "shooting" while the west FAQ says that u should increase ur "aim" . Is that the same thing in fort battles ?

I used the same terms the help uses:

Leadership is used for shooting, but also for defending.
Aim is only important when shooting.
Dodging is only used when trying to dodge a shot.
Hiding is used when a defender tries to shoot or dodge a shot.
Stamina is used when an attacker tries to shoot or dodge a shot.

shooting bonus is the total bonus when you fire a shot(aim is considered,not the skill shooting),dodging bonus is the bonus when you try to dodge an opponents shot.

By "shooting" I think he means total bonus attacking a fort and by "dodging" total bonus defending a fort.

there are different functions for defence and attack.If you select fort defence the script calculates both your shooting(aim) and dodging bonus when you are with the "blue" team and if you select fort attack,it calculates the bonuses when you are with the reds.

DeletedUser

nice tool... Very useful for fort battles!
and the "max speed" option is accurate too!

DeletedUser

nice tool... Very useful for fort battles!
and the "max speed" option is accurate too!

Thanks.I also made some improvements that solved the temporarily browser freeze problem when calculating all jobs.Please test it and tell me if you find any bugs.

DeletedUser

There is an option when calculating jobs or fort battles "best shop set"
Does it calculates the tailor/general store products from any town or just my town?
calculator.jpg

DeletedUser

The "calculate selected job" or "max speed" or "fort defence/attack" include any shop you choose to open in the calculations.To enable the shop items in the calculations just open the shops you want in the game tab and press the link for the desired action on the control panel. Then the script outputs three sets:
1)My Best Set, composed from your inventory items only
2)Best Shop Set , composed from items of your inventory and shop items(it may contain items from a higher level).
3)Best Valid Shop Set,just like 2) but composded only from items that you are able to wear.

DeletedUser

I can't get it to work. does it work with chrome?
Edit: nevermind it was in my popup blocker.

DeletedUser

made some minor modifications on the script source that slightly improve the execution time of the algorithm on Safari browser

DeletedUser

I honestly can't get this to work... This is what I do, please tell me where I'm wrong:

1) I go to the main site and copy the java script.
2) I change to a tab that has the-west open and past the script into the url and press enter.
3) It the opens a new tab where it has recognized my world and character name.
4) I select the job on the list (Hunting Wolves, which I know my hider (who has fairly little equipment) can do).
5) I click 'Calculate selected job'.
6) It starts doing the Firefox-spiral and says 'calculating...' below, but nothing ever happens. It's been doing that for 15 minutes now, and it did the same thing yesterday.

I use Firefox, btw.

EDIT: There's no dressing room or anything that has popped up either..?

DeletedUser

At step 2,you should open your inventory before you press enter.
Inventory should be opened at least once between two refreshes or else the script cant see your items, you also should equip items to all places(left hand is optional).
If you leave it open the items displayed later gain more functionality than being plain images.

Maybe an alert to notify for the closed inventory would be usefull.sory.

if you have time check again the tutorial.you will find it on the "getting stared" page.

if you followed those steps corectly and still the problem remains then propably control panel lost comunication with the game tab.To restore it just click force reinitialization on the game tab.

DeletedUser

I'm trying the script now

for fort battles it gives me as best cloths to atack and defend - mexican set

shooting bonus: 11
dodging bonus: 11

That is the recomendation from the sript!

if I do it manually

golden indian neclace, black cap, black clothing, Mustang and fancy cotton shoes

I will get more shooting bonus

DeletedUser

I'm trying the script now

for fort battles it gives me as best cloths to atack and defend - mexican set

shooting bonus: 11
dodging bonus: 11

That is the recomendation from the sript!

if I do it manually

golden indian neclace, black cap, black clothing, Mustang and fancy cotton shoes

I will get more shooting bonus

yes,this can happen a few times because the algorithm for the forts is heuristic.That means it is able to produce an acceptable solution to a problem in many practical scenarios. Acceptable is not always the best
but a solution very close to best.
A full scan of all the posibilities would output very large execution times.
I am currently testing an improvement to the algorithm that seems to have better results in cases like yours.
Also im developing another algorithm with different logic that uses some kind of AI.
Anyway you can always test your other clothes to find out if the algorithm failed.

*calculations for jobs are always 100% accurate

DeletedUser8627

Don't seem to be working.

All I get is "Initializing... Force initialization"

Goes no further.

DeletedUser

check your popup blocker.You should allow popups from the game tab