Website westcalc.info – job and fort battle clothing calculator

DeletedUser

Another thing that i want to investigate independently of the scripts purpose is how the initiative is decided.I dont know if i use the right word but i mean the order players shoot.I think it is decided by the position on the map,from left to right and top to bottom.That's a conclusion only from my experience where sometimes i can hit and hide fast before getting hit when i am on top or left side of the map.If this is true it can be used for better strategies in the battlefield.I would like to hear your experiences and maybe we can make out a patern.

I've never analyzed it extensively, but I do always pay close attention when there's only one person left on one side to see who gets the KO and it almost always seems to be the closest person, and when it isn't I think that could be explained by missed shots not being shown until later in the round, but the connection is closed at that point.

Anyway, that is something I've always wondered about (and initiative is the word I use).

DeletedUser

edit:forgot to answer to astera.sory.
That seems to be an invisible element on top of the script.I could not reproduce it.Ithink that could happen after chat resizing.Give me more info to reproduce the bug so i can tell if there is a solution.

Sorry - forgot to look at the topic for a while.

The thing you say makes sense.
My chat window is folded (using the command /hide or the arrows).

When I stretch the chat window to the limit - it covers exactly the first row items(the ones I cannot click). So maybe the chat window has its frame all the time.

I use map size 1024x768
I use Opera 10.10
I tested with latest Firefox with same result.

Attachments

• Calc1.jpg
    Calc1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Calc2.jpg
    Calc2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Another thing that i want to investigate independently of the scripts purpose is how the initiative is decided.I dont know if i use the right word but i mean the order players shoot.I think it is decided by the position on the map,from left to right and top to bottom.That's a conclusion only from my experience where sometimes i can hit and hide fast before getting hit when i am on top or left side of the map.If this is true it can be used for better strategies in the battlefield.I would like to hear your experiences and maybe we can make out a patern.

[FONT=&quot]if you can hide before getting shoot is because

a) you are defending (defenders move before attackers shoot)

b) some comrade took the shot (was closer to the shooters than you)

I don't know the factors for movement imitative among comrades, it is not Who is closer!

Maybe One Armed Ninja is right when he says that players from the town that attacks/or belongs to the fort have priority, for some reason they have different icons in the battlefield[/FONT]

DeletedUser

From my experience i came to the same idea too. If attack survivors are at a left side of map - the closer you are to them (up from them) - the better. If survivors at right side middle - you shoot from duelers tower first, even if there is someone standing closer to them.
At least thats what happened with me. Of course there is still possibility that those who stood closer missed all shots.

I do not know if rank player is assigned to makes any difference at least i didnt notice any. Although for movement it might do, not sure though. That is when there are 2 players coming to one spot - the one with higher rank will take it.

DeletedUser

I always thought that the person with the highest leadership moved/shot first...

DeletedUser

It might be so... as in the last few battles i had some killing of last person even i was not closest to the left. At the same time i was on top of fort report list... it might have to do with ranking too maybe.
Right now i have no idea on what decides who shoots first.

DeletedUser

I always thought that the person with the highest leadership moved/shot first...

It's definitely not leadership. I had a fort battle today where I was closest to the target (adjacent square) and I was the only one with any SP in leadership (about 100 naked), and I didn't get a shot off before two other people KOed him. I was also the westernmost person who had LOS.

DeletedUser

WestCalc ain't no good

I'm a little sheepish but also disappointed to be moaning about a web site that someone has taken the time to create in order to help others. That said, the fort equipment builds are not good. I have got to ignoring them as I can gain much better outcomes just by trial and error. One feature that isn't taken into consideration is Health Points. This is one of the major assets to a fort battle and is completely ignored.
Anyway, I hope powers-that-be take note and action asap.
Thanks for the work done anyway.

DeletedUser

How would you suggest they do this?

I wouldn't. I am no web developer. Just moaning and pointing out the short-comings. If I had the ability to, I would try and improve it. Unfortunately I am unable to. I appreciate the work done, just pointing out changes need to be made.
What's your point?

DeletedUser21816

Yes, it has its shortcomings i noticed too. Gives me both the Indian feather hat on both times too in corporation with a mustang of course. But it gives me some advantage to build up my own set to my likings. As it seems it concentrates more on leadership builds then anything else.

OK, testing it seems they changed it a bit.

Defense: Brown Tie or Grey Tie : 32, Indian Feather Hat: 28, Sharp Tomahawk: 9, Black Leather Jacket: 44, Moccasins: 24, Mustang
Indian set (3 items): +31
leadership: 6.108
hiding: 6.378
aim: 4.700
dodge: 5.036
exta health points: 10
shooting bonus: 17.2
dodging bonus: 17.5

I'm changing the Indian Feather Hat: 28 to a Black Stetson: 39
Indian set (2 items): +22
leadership: 6.054
hiding: 6.297
aim: 4.800
dodge: 4.900
exta health points: 23
shooting bonus: 17.2
dodging bonus: 17.3

So to my opinion i'd rather wear the Black Stetson to the Indian Feather Hat.

Attack: Brown Tie: 34, Indian Feather Hat: 28, Corrosive Acid, Black Leather Jacket: 22, Moccasins: 20, Mustang, Elixir
Charlatan's set (2 items): +11
Indian's set (3 items): +5
stamina: 5.607
aim: 4.750
dodge: 4.900
exta health points: 10
shooting bonus: 16.5
dodging bonus: 16.6

Here i almost change everything
Again to Black Stetson: 39 , Sharp Tomahawk: 3, Donkey, Tequila, Sandals or Fancy Boots: both 22

With Fancy Boots:

Mexican's set (2 items): +3
stamina: 5.429
aim: 4.900
dodge: 4.700
exta health points: 24
shooting bonus: 16.4
dodging bonus: 16.2

With Sandals:

Mexican's set (3 items): +6
leadership: 6.054
stamina: 5.179
aim: 5.071
dodge: 5.071
exta health points: 33
shooting bonus: 16.3
dodging bonus: 16.3

For the attack, it seems i don't have the best clothes to wear yet, but i'm not sure what would surpass it?

DeletedUser

@Bendos.How do you know that health points are not taken into consideration?

DeletedUser

I don't I admit. It's just every build I did added up to greater aim/dodge/leadership/HP +other totals than the site did. And like others have said, Indian set and leadership seem to be the preference.

DeletedUser

Can you confirm that they are then? Also, is leadership the MOST important attribute? It seems that the calculator isbiased towards this skill.

Diggo11

Leadership is used in every aspect of a fort battle. Aim, Dodge, Stamina and Hiding are only ever used approximately 50% of the time, therefore it is reasonable leadership should be valued above these four skills. HP is unique in that it also is used in almost every aspect of a fort battle, but not as directly as leadership.

DeletedUser

Can you confirm that they are then? Also, is leadership the MOST important attribute? It seems that the calculator isbiased towards this skill.
They are,but with a lower priority than any other skill.http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=406424&highlight=bonus+combinations#post406424,this post might explain it.

About leadership,it only depends on your build and your available clothes.It is not treated somehow differently than any other skill in subcalculations.If it tends to appear a lot it is because of the reasons that Diggo11 mentioned above.

DeletedUser

I use the westcalc to figure out best rate of speed. Other than that, I don't find it all that useful. Instead, I rely on my graph:

fort-bonus.png

I move around my items to attempt these numbers, and have found it makes for some very nice fort war results. I have found that if I focus on high health point items, i tend to get some pretty good results all around. I do use westcalc for some quick item comparisons, but it's not as clean a utility as it could be.

DeletedUser

I can get the calc to work on world 6 every time but for some reason it will not work on world 10. I have deleted cookies and temp files and ever tried both firefox and IE with no difference. What it does is it loads everything off the open inventories and the page come up with my name and what world but when you click calculate selected job I get this and it never does seem to get there.

It doesn't recognise one of the items in your (equipped) inventory. I had this problem on W11 and switched items around until I got it to work. I've sadly since forgotten what the item was that was stopping it from working - wish I had taken note of it.

However on W12 I found another one - my sharp foil. Equipped a slingshot that I had recently found and it worked.

DeletedUser

I love everything you've done. I certainly not the first player to sincerely say "Thank you".

I was wondering if you could let me know how your speed calculations work. Mostly out of curiosity, I have tried to replicate the speed calc from my own stats but i can't seem to nail it. I guess I don't have enough data to mine from my single character.

If this isn't 'top secret proprietary info', I would love to hear from you.

Thanks