west town, mexican town, indian camp. etc

DeletedUser

ok i dident see any other threads on this but heres a idea and i hope this one gos somewhere cause the rest of mine havent.

i think that you should be able to spec your town. not like knowing what items are going to be in the tailor or what jobs are around you.
i think this will change the whole sister town thing where a town takes over and just keeps making bigger and bigger towns making rotations betweeen them now if your towns complete you have a whole diffrent town to make wich will add more game time to the game and want more people to continue.

Mexican Town (
barrio)

pros:

• you get 5% more labour points for building (not being sterotypical)
  • you can have more people then other towns on residence level up.
  • you can have a store for selling miriachi guitars as weapons. these would work the same ways as the trumpet does for soldier.
  • you could have a potter in your town that makes clay things for a variation of adding quests.
cons:

• you get less energy in the hotel
  • you get less health in the hotel
  • less money able to deposit to the bank

Indian town (camp)

pros:

• have a bowyer in your town that sells bows
  • horses are cheaper.
  • building takes less requirement cause town needs less
  • you can have a cheif in your town thatll add quests.
  • have a totem pole used for spiritual healing ( i guess if thats what you guys ment)
cons:

• you dont have a gunsmith only a bowyer but wide variation of bows.
  • your bank takes a real lot less.
  • dont have church
  • your tactics are lowerd by 5% because your towns easier to raid.
Western town (normal town)

pros:

• no money taken away same deposit amount
  • hotel gives average energy
  • have a church
  • have a sheriff's office to add quests
i mean the western towns the most normal so theres no wide bonus's and the cons are just not going to have those pros for indian town and mexican town.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5046

you mean? all that is living on a town have te same class?

DeletedUser

interesting idea. i take issue with the mexican town not having a church though .if anything that should be in the indian camp.

DeletedUser

no you dont have to be a indian or a mexican or a white guy to be in one of thoe towns. you can be any class and race

DeletedUser

If I understand correctly, all the members could be any class, but there would be different conditions on how the town built and expanded.

What interests me about this idea is that it adds another dimension for player in completed towns. Rather than just expanding to a new town, you could begin anew town with new advantages that you would still be associated with.

Might be worth thinking about.

DeletedUser

Yes because in the Old West in the Mexican towns the Catholic Church and the priests were very important. And Indians (Native Americans) have their own religion and the church wasn't really associated with it. Also I can't remember at the moment but either the word for the Mexican town is spelled wrong or is wrong. The word you are using describes an underground den for an animal like a rabbit or such.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes because in the Old West in the Mexican towns the Catholic Church and the priests were very important. And Indians (Native Americans) have their own religion and the church wasn't really associated with it. Also I can't remember at the moment but either the word for the Mexican town is spelled wrong or is wrong. The word you are using describes and underground den for an animal like a rabbit or such.

oh well if you figure out the word tell me and i allready changed the praying.

DeletedUser5046

then te founder will have many options on what to appoint their members... not only as a councilor ..but now can be a priest too?

add...: can a 'normal town' have an additional something so it wont be unfair since te indian and te mexican towns have already more advantages...:)

DeletedUser

i think Villa would work for the mexican town though im not sure thats 100% accurate either .

DeletedUser5046

that's interesting..then they woudnt call it a founder..but sumtyhin else...like señorita for te girls^^ on te other hand they will call "chief" te founder of te indian village and they will also include tat uhm...tower..i forgot what is it called..

DeletedUser

A drawback I see is the Indian Camp's bank holding "a real lot less" money. Not many players will want to go to a town with a bank that doesn't hold as much as a "normal" town. I wouldn't and I'm a worker.

Totem Pole is that what you mean?

DeletedUser

You're thinking of barrio - but that's more of a district of a town, not a town itself.

DeletedUser5046

yeahtotem pole...
they wont have enough money but they will haev enough uhm...lets say totem pole at level one adds 5 to stamina.... (since indians are mystical right?)

DeletedUser

Or mexican church can give energy,
Western (luck)
and Indian town church give health

DeletedUser

lets run with the totem pole idea for a bit . what if each level of the totem pole had a diffrent effect like one level lowing Construction points and another giving the treasury an automatic X amount of dollars etc

DeletedUser

Or mexican church can give energy,
Western (luck)
and Indian town church give health

I'd say Mexican church (aka Mission) gives Health and Indian Church (aka Totem Pole) gives energy... Kinda fits better.

So - a Western town is the current default with a Church. A Mexican town would have a Mission not a Church, and an Indian town would have a Totem Pole not a Church. I do like this idea - it would make towns different. You could also customise the stores - Mexican tailors would sell ponchos and sombreros, Western tailors would sell more cowboy-type clothes and so on. The Indian gunsmith would sell bows not firearms, and knives and tomahawks.

Oh, and the General Store in an Indian Town would be a Trading Post.

DeletedUser

well i dont know about the customization but perhaps make certian items more likely to apear (Bowler for Western town or Poncho for Villa)