West 2.0 discussion

HelenBack

Spun, this thread was hijacked. Read the first 20 or so posts. It was hijacked and has been a trollfest ever since.
Actually the first 21 Pages in this thread was leading up to the introduction of v2... before people started posting about their feedback about Enewetak. The first part of the feedback was the new job system and how the set job times completely changed the tempo of the game. The first posts about the update on all the .net worlds didn't start until page 58 when the rumour of the Major "Update" was found out by a press release on an external site... No official in-game notification that the game they knew and loved was about to drastically change. Which led to many people being blindsided as they were kicked out of the game and forced to log on to a "new" game. Page 59 starts with someone who lost an Energy refill (18 Nuggets) when their job queue was cancelled... They did get them back... but how many people logged on to find the "new" game and just said "forget this" and left? Then next few pages are filled with people upset that there was no in-game notice about the update... or any notice at all for that matter.

So while this is no longer my project, I still participate, still very much care about the players, the game, and the people who work on it, unlike the vast majority of trash talkers in this and other v2 threads you've been participating in. Seriously, how can some here claim to care when they're encouraging others to "quit en masse" and namecalling the people who made the game that most of you play, and have played, for free?
You claim that you care... but you had a whole post talking about the ....... in the "fake" open Beta... How is that supposed to make those who are actually trying to make constructive suggestions or feedback feel? Then they find out that they are apparently wasting their time doing so? And after posting so many times to say... the set job times won't work for the majority of players... the fort building and crafting requirements are too much with the product drop rates that we have... the white text on black background is too hard to read and is known to give people headaches when they try to read for too long... Only to be ignored... Yes, people are going to start rebelling. If they can't be "heard" while being constructive, then they feel they have no choice but to try to be "heard" by being destructive.

Spun Carny, unfortunately there's a bit of a culture here at The West's forums that you're not privy to. A culture of trolling. It has been going on since before I entered this community 5 years ago and many of the same peeps who encouraged mass exoduses, who took sport at insulting the devs for the past 5 years, are still here and participated in this thread.
Not everyone that posts negative feedback is "trolling"... A while back when Zet was still here, I think people had respect for him... but he listened to the players and actually played the game himself. If the devs want respect from their players, maybe they should have some respect for the people who support this game? They can show that respect by paying attention to the feedback that they were given... Having a real plan when they implement updates and give proper official IN-GAME notice with a date when the update will be pushed to the servers... in ENGLISH on the English servers and the appropriate language on other servers.

What I'm saying is, it doesn't matter the circumstance, there are people in this and other TW communities who not only encourage, but thrive on negativism, on Inno-bashing. They'll run with any opportunity and make sport of it, claim it's the end of The West, or the end of Innogames, and cheer on others who pose similar sentiments. They quit a thousand times, deleted a thousand characters, and yet... they still have thier original level 120 soldiers.
Yes, there are some that do that... but did you ever stop to think that there may be some real reason behind their anger? Like posting actual constructive feedback with suggestions... Even screenshots... only to be ignored? And it isn't just a few people that do that... When v2 hit .net... a lot of people that have never posted on the forum or very infrequently post on the forum started saying how shocked they were by the sudden change and that they didn't like it. If Inno had paid more attention to the ....... of the "fake" open Beta, this thread wouldn't have been full of the anger, resentment, frustration, etc that it's filled with now.

On a side note... I'm already deleting all the characters that would have been deleted when the old worlds closed... I was going to play them to the end, but with the new job system, I just can't be bothered. It's too much work... Honestly, it's more like work than my RL work.
:hmf:

That is the cold, hard truth. They harm the community by encouraging other community members to express themselves via unproductive, even destructive, means whilst chuckling at the "change" they impose. Destructive change, not productive change, but change nonetheless and thus they feel empowered by their successes and continue with their antics, their hatefests.
I don't think that the majority on this forum want the game to die out... But out of frustration and hopeless feeling, people are going to start lashing out. If you were in Beta and already have said the same thing over and over again only to be ignored and/or told to "get used to it", but they still believe that the changes made in the game will have negative long-term effects (which they are already starting to see), then yes, they will fight to get those things changed for the better. As I said before... We've already tried the constructive route which got us nowhere... So what else is there?

I'm telling you how "positive change" can be done, how it should be done, how Innogames listens, and how to encourage the changes you and other well-intentioned participants want.
Again... How does one encourage "positive change" when their constructive feedback is ignored?

So, once again, pose reasoned proposals in the Proposals section, pose reasoned ideas in the Ideas section (with the intent of working to a proposal from a discussion about your idea), report bugs in the Bugs section, ask questions in the Questions section,
In Beta, we had a Feedback thread to report any issues and to discuss possible problems... That's where we posted our feedback about v2. Whenever I reported a bug, I got a notice saying it was already reported... After a while, I gave up reporting them. I don't have time to be on my computer all day to test as things are updated, so I usually miss out on reporting issues since server time is not the same as my local time.

Here, if we had posted in any other area about a specific issue regarding v2 (like the job system) to focus the discussion on ways to fix it or some way to make it better, we would have been told to keep posts about v2 in the v2 feedback thread.

The feedback itself, negative or positive, should be of interest to ANY business if they wish to keep their customers happy (or as happy as possible). The v2 "update" that was supposed to lure in new players without alienating the long-term players... has fallen short of it's promises. If Inno had listened to the feedback given to them by the ....... of the "fake" open Beta, they wouldn't have had the repeat of the same issues uttered by the public when it was pushed to the .net servers.

Sorry, but the "trolling" has been brought upon Inno by themselves with their lack of respect for their loyal long-term players' input.
:tumble: :(

Maybe the only way out of this mess is to have an IN-GAME poll so that they can receive feedback from ALL players and not just the "trolls" in the Forum. Then they would get honest feedback from a larger audience and it may even make the players believe they actually do have a voice. Then Inno would have the information they need to move forward with this game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

dunno if it should be here

but unless we get better products man did that advent calender went from super to utter waste in the past you got awesome buffs, especially the work mot buffs are welcome in tw.2, what i get now 4 grain(worth not even 50$ on dakota market) and 3 pumpkins on colorado, bleh both quite useless products especially compared with what we used to get

DeletedUser14006

dunno if it should be here

but unless we get better products man did that advent calender went from super to utter waste in the past you got awesome buffs, especially the work mot buffs are welcome in tw.2, what i get now 4 grain(worth not even 50$ on dakota market) and 3 pumpkins on colorado, bleh both quite useless products especially compared with what we used to get

Yet another ploy to get folk to spend nuggets/bonds by restricting useful items from the calendar.

I have no idea why we are even surprised by this kind of stink anymore, the developers of this game really need to have their heads rattled, I can understand the need for continued revenue to the game but to make it the sole focus of every update and now with the xmas calendar is a giant piss take towards the community that fund the lavish lifestyles of the guys who own the rights to this game/company.

It is all about give and take and lately there has been too much of one and virtually nil of the other.

Devs, get a grip on reality! :mad:

DeletedUser

Well, I have nothing good to say about the advent calendar, besides hoping the last day's reward is good and not just a box with more of the same useless products.

DeletedUser23201

well the advent calender is now a joke, absolutely worthless products instead of the useful ones we used get.I suppose we have to buy the buffs now just like everything else in .20
yet another feature being ruined, well done devs.

DeletedUser33353

Ditto...2 grains. I am giving it til the end of the 24 days, then *poof*.

DeletedUser22685

I'd like to know whose ridiculously stupid idea this was.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32882

3 Potato's......should i say more or it's enough?:))))
Thank u INno...thx a lot....i always wanted to be able to have my very own popatos....u made it happen.:))))

DeletedUser22685

If only we had a Thanksgiving calendar too, these useless products would've come in handy for those godforsaken quests.

DeletedUser

5 beans for me ! inno plz stop it , you ruining people fun and interesting in this game ... why you change advent calender products ?! i can get these beans with easy work ~ no need to open this advent calender every day ,

DeletedUser

they are doing everything possible to ruin the game. I'm giving this until the end of the month, if there isn't significant improvement in the areas mentioned over and over again in this forum, I'm finished with the west and inno. I'll spend my money elsehwere

DeletedUser

blah, probably the wrong place for this but as you are all chattin about the advent calendar, hopefully I'm not hijacking the thread or anythin. Can anyone tell me if there if an activated Xmas quest yet, and if so, how I access it? Or just a steer to where to find the info would be great, I've looked everywhere I can think of! Thanks. :)

DeletedUser22685

There are no Christmas quests activate yet, but keep your eye out throughout the rest of the month.

DeletedUser

Please post in Advent Calendar 2012 if you have comments about the current calender - please leave this 2.0 thread for discussion about 2.0 update. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

Todays updates to 2.0 are very much appreciated. I would say V2.0 sucks a little less today than it did a few days ago :)

(That was a compliment to the devs)

HelenBack

Chat has improved a bit in function at least... but still the white on black text is hard on the eyes.

I noticed there is now an option to "Show Chat after login" (Settings > Interface)... That just opens an empty chat window whenever you logon. It is at least a way of having the chat window pop up to remind you there is a chat... but you still need to click on a chat to see anything. If possible, maybe open to the alliance/town chat by default for those in towns... or County/Room chat if you aren't in a town? Or even load the "Saved Window" including the rooms that were saved along with the position? And if it could have that option enabled by default, it would be pretty obvious to people that there is a chat.
:)

I also noticed the status dots next to people's names in chat. Very handy... but some people may not want them to show everytime they log on. If there could be an option to disable that feature in the Settings, it would be helpful. Some peeps log on from work or their phones and don't always have time to chat. Some may like having a "Stealth mode". lol

We still need the RANKS to show in the fort chat please... And if possible... County chats instead of the random rooms.
;)

It's also good to have the BEEP back... thank you!

BTW... I still hate the set job times... and unfortunately that may be a game killer for me as well as many others who have a busy RL that has to come first before a game. I hope that they are considering some alternatives to the current job system.

Dueling system... and the fort building/crafting requirements... Have already been mentioned many times. I haven't noticed any changes there. Mind you I haven't been looking.
:p

Last edited: