West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser31397

I totally agree with orgo and I think it's horrible. Now you have to sit there for so long time to complete 50x 15 sec. jobs. And it will ruin the product market btw. All in all, I don't like it. I was hoping for something better, to be honest.

-BA-

DeletedUser20688

Ah ok, I just discovered that job time allotment scales with job difficulty (LP). Ok that makes sense. I like that.

However, I do see the quicker jobs (15 seconds - 5 mins) being difficult to adjust to as a veteran player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22493

I totally agree with orgo and I think it's horrible. Now you have to sit there for so long time to complete 50x 15 sec. jobs. And it will ruin the product market btw. All in all, I don't like it. I was hoping for something better, to be honest.

-BA-

Im not gonna disagree, or agree for that matter. I do however not think its as bad as it looks.
Let's look at this job in 2.0, compared to doing it 15 min in the current version.

- The 15 second job (Stream Fishing) requires 2 energy, which is 1\3 of what is used to cost.

- It takes 15 seconds, which is 1\24 of what it used to be.

- During that time, you can only find max 1 Trout (14% chance) and max 1 Fishing Pole (2% Chance). Used to be 1 Trout (100% chance), and 5% chance to drop 1 pole.
So the drop-rate of trout drops is lowered about 7x times.

- Adds 0 exp and 1$. (2$ if your prem.) Irrelevant in this case.

- Every time you do the job, you drop the motivation 4. Has no influence on product drop. (Correct me if im wrong, it's not tested.)

So my conclusion is that you spend more energy for a trout drop, but less time. And you have to sit there and press that button over and over again, not able to stack up 8 hours of work and leave.
And like most other jobs in 2.0, its creating a bigger advantage for nugget users willing to buy energy, thus creating a greater gap between free and prem players.

DeletedUser21816

So they make you stay and push a button every 15seconds to get trout?
Not a good thing for crafting at all.

DeletedUser20688

So they make you stay and push a button every 15seconds to get trout?
Not a good thing for crafting at all.

Well yeah that can happen. You can queue 4 tasks in a row without premium. I know that doesn't make things any better. After a minute, you'll have 4 15 second jobs complete.

DeletedUser21816

regaining energy has stayed the same, or does it go faster now?
Like how they went from 2hr to 1hr jobs energy increase stayed they same...

DeletedUser

stupid beta i can't get my email confirmed i triple checked it a dozen times reported is as a bug and asked to resend it 100 times even putting the extension in safe link and still don't get it so i am stuck on those quests

first thing noted, i am level 7 and every job i got has 10% motivation left or lower, also product drop rates are horribly worse for many jobs, though atm we are making an excel about it how much products you got for a job in TW.1 and in TW.2

also the 25000% speed buff at start is nice, but thats basically 75000% since speed on beta is 3.3333 times already faster then normal, i know with a turtle and 60000% speed at i go in little over 2.5 minutes from A1 to D10 on the old map, it now took me to get from county all in east to county all in west with the 25000% speed buff 10 minutes (knowing speed on beta is besides that 3.33333 times faster, so i travelled with 75000%+ speed and still took 10 minutes)) travel time majorly increased on this new map so travelling will tack a good lot longer, and seeing you need to travel further for most jobs thats not a positive thing

DeletedUser25892

Sounds like Forge of Empires .... the need to be constantly pushing buttons there is why I quit that game pretty promptly lol.

I agree...the idea behind shortening things makes the game become a RTS versus a community relaxing game...oh well I am sure I won't be here to see it evolve :).

MM2099

DeletedUser16008

I agree with the 15 second thing is ridiculous, i have better things to do than sit clicking every few mins... its a browser game WTH is chilled about a 15 second job ?? ok its beta so probably itll be 2 or 5 mins a job but heck thats just as bad when its supposed to be a browser game ... why not just start everyone at lvl 5 if the idea is to get you interested ?

The chat is appalling and i cannot see how this new layout can be classed as easy or good theres stuff all over the place, top, bottom, left and right and is not set out in a good way at all... graphics are ok but everything is set out in straight lines and im expecting to see a wallmart at the end of a road ... seriously towns next to each other like houses ??? :blink:

Thank goodness all i do is duel or im already up at high level because i cant see me starting a new toon up again from scratch with this new look and system ..First impressions are not good at the moment..

DeletedUser

I too hope things are tweaked a lot before they reach live servers. Besides sharing the general dislike for short period jobs, the motivation drops like crazy and drop rates are not pleasant. A few times of picking sugar canes dropped it to 0% without a single product drop.

DeletedUser

Jobs and times are not ballanced at all... I mean 1hour and 30mins. just to have 75% chance of getting one glass of water?!

DeletedUser

that job has a tiny bug its supposed to be 19 energy not 24 energy. and compared to the droprates now its not that bad. atm you get per 24 energy 1 glass of water, in tw.2 you get 0.95 glasses of water per 24 energy. i made an excel with all those difference, but can;t lock it yet so will post it later.

But there are a few concerns, main concern is motivation dropping to fast i don't have a single job left with more then 10% motivation, and with 0% motivation i believe products dont drop.

next thing is that there are a lot of jobs now with 66%+ droprates, especially the long ones, like hunting pumas gives 80% droprate in 2 hours. This means that basically per 24 energy you get exactly the same as you do now(atm its 20% per 6 energy=80% per 24 energy). However for this and many other jobs if you got prem energy activated, you don't get a 50% increase in droprate, and thus on quite a few jobs you get less then before.

a small example, clearing the forest in tw.1 has a droprate of 65%, this means that for a 24 energy(1 hour) job you receive on average 2.6 wood, with prem income activated thats 3.9 wood.

Now in tw.2 clearing the forest has a 100% droprate, and costs 8 energy, this means that you receive 3 wood per 24 energy, so you get on average more wood then before on that job, however someone with prem income also only gets 3(since you can't get more then 1 per job) so they now in this new system get less then before.

Another concern is that most difficult lp jobs lets say 400 lp+ are also the lengthy jobs of 1-2 hours, hard jobs like mercenary work or transport alcohol give products needed a lot either for quests or crafting, but had a very high droprate, for instance as prem income you got approx 3 rum per hour(24 energy) of transporting alcohol. With this new system it has a droprate of 94% per 2 hours(24 energy) so basically that means that instead of 3 per 24 energy, you now got 1. despite rum is needed in huge numbers for peddlers and cooks, its already a hard job to do, and now those products get much more rare also.

To conclude that last part. some jobs give much better droprates, like coal mining, granite mining, repair fences, prospecting river fishing, picking tomatoes etc. and some quite a lot worse. However with an eye to crafting, it seems that the by far easiest craft of blacksmith got even easier, cos except for iron mining about every product needed for blacksmiths got much much easier. Whereas for peddlers(rum, lotus blossoms, roses), cooks(steaks!, rum) and saddlers(uncut rubies emeralds etc will be even more rare) quite a lot of products didn't exactly got easier and some even quite harder. Though low level crafting 0-100 got a lot easier for any craft except maybe saddlers. so much wanted stuff like resin, charcoal, tinderboxes, canteens will be much likely more available at easier prices.

But again if devs keep crafting the way it is, everyone will be a smith since that will be a walk in the park and other crafts will be an even bigger pain to get up the they already are now atm

DeletedUser33353

I will have to wait and see. I do not do do a beta account but, from the knowledgeable posts from peeps here, I am not to hopeful.

DeletedUser8627

Just to mention, jobs times will most likely change before hitting the final version. I do believe that job times are smaller now due to it being on beta (testing purposes) not to mention performance issues that may arise, having a million commands hit the servers in very short period of time.

DeletedUser

There is still nothing under the clouds in the midle of the map on Beta

Slygoxx

There is still nothing under the clouds in the midle of the map on Beta

Have you seen the minimap of the clouds, though?
[spoil]
county_15.jpg
[/spoil]