West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

I just hope that 2.0 isnt just a map improvement but an overall improvement of the game. In my opinion the game has gotten a bit stale in the recent year, but I guess that might just be me.

DeletedUser

We need to bring out something that will get everyone's attention like fort battles.

DeletedUser16008

I just hope that 2.0 isnt just a map improvement but an overall improvement of the game. In my opinion the game has gotten a bit stale in the recent year, but I guess that might just be me.

We need to bring out something that will get everyone's attention like fort battles.

Don't hold your breath on this happening you might be slightly disappointed :no:

DeletedUser

Well I went on vacation mode for a few weeks as I was getting sick of just being hounded by duellers. I return for a day, and over night I get duelled 5 times. It doesn't help that I'm already bored with the game, and that the developers seemingly aren't doing much to encourage in-game activities to make it interesting again.

DeletedUser

You don't need to talking about how you are dueled, if you made enemies well :( it could be expected, but if you did not :) they probably duel you for just one time. And try hotel camping :p jam your column up with sleep and they cannot attack you.

DeletedUser

We need to make the quests more interesting. No more of these:

''I want you, for the next eight hours, to travel halfway across the map, retrieve <insert object here> that I could not be arsed getting, oh, and by the way, this is a side quest so your effort is for nothing''.

DeletedUser8627

We need to make the quests more interesting. No more of these:

''I want you, for the next eight hours, to travel halfway across the map, retrieve <insert object here> that I could not be arsed getting, oh, and by the way, this is a side quest so your effort is for nothing''.

Usually and quest specific, you get XP, cash, achievements, items. :huh: And in new cases, UPB.

DeletedUser

Usually and quest specific, you get XP, cash, achievements, items. :huh: And in new cases, UPB.

And to say I took the time to complete every quest (apart from the myth and crafters) and a load of repeatable quests and landed up 102nd place in exp on the leaderboard, considering I didn't start that world until way after most people and haven't been a fort battle hardened player before, that is pretty good if I do say so myself :)

Apelatia

Will forts be in the same positions as they are currently? If a town uses a fort for sleeping in and that fort suddenly gets moved away, I'm not sure some people would be very pleased...

DeletedUser

557554_10151028388337427_1416946877_n.jpg

DeletedUser2217

Will forts be in the same positions as they are currently? If a town uses a fort for sleeping in and that fort suddenly gets moved away, I'm not sure some people would be very pleased...

So the answer is no... There won't be any forts at all to begin with as none will be moved over to 2.0. Towns will also be moving position so it'll be up to the individual towns to try to grab the nearest fort site to them quickly.

DeletedUser33002

Will proper smartphone support come with this update? Or is that subject for a later address given that if you are creating a better quality map that'll take more processing power to run given that the game is already heavy to run from mobile devices.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27765

From some parts this update will refresh the game, but i don't like that the number of forts and towns will be lowered.. :unsure:

DeletedUser1121

From some parts this update will refresh the game, but i don't like that the number of forts and towns will be lowered.. :unsure:

The number of towns is no issue i think. 2300 towns x 50 members = 115.000 players
Our biggest worlds have about 15.000 players.. So there is room enough.

The number of forts will make things more exciting. There were just so many forts that it didn't even really mattered if you lost one. They will get more valuable and that will increase the intensity of a fort battle.

DeletedUser

The map will be even heavier to load.

I don't think that's the way to go. Players like this game for its simplicity, don't take that away from them. Keep it simple. There is a lot of competition for good and heavy graphics games, you don't want to go that way. I understand the urge to improve, but keep in mind that the majority os us like it for the way it is. If it's possible to improve it without descreasing the loading efficiency do it, otherwise keep calm. =)

As for the map reduction, sounds good. And it will be fun to see everyone head over heels to be the first building up a fort.

DeletedUser1121

From what i have seen, the initial load takes a bit longer, but from that point on the experience (performance wise) is the same if not better.

I know of people who already tested the new version on smart phones and it seems to work decently. But this was only one phone with one specific OS. It doesn't mean it would work well for all phones.

Apelatia

I like most of this update, just having to found forts all over again isn't something I'm so happy with considering that on W15, my town has worked hard to obtain its forts and build them up, and now that will be wasted...

DeletedUser

Smaller map means you don't have to travel for 5 hours to reach the other side of the map or they gonna mess with speed settings making stuff awfully slow again to travel to? since less travel time would really increase attendence on FF's i think