Weapon Sets

DeletedUser36192

Hey does anyone think that the damage on the left hand gun (especially) as well as the right hand weps are a little low?

I know that with upgrading you can get a decent damage on them both - but for damage, majority lean towards upgrading a precise shot rifle over the gear. Was wondering if enough people felt a need to upgrade the damage per weapon from like (2 damage*level) to maybe (2.5*level) [doesn't actually have to jump by .5 but i just wanted an example. Further changes to event winner weapons could be made as needed.]

- with this in place the damage would go from a max of 320-340 for a set weapon to 395-415

My logic is this:

• majority of people who get a weapon will only get one of them - can't upgrade as too expensive (both in nuggets or cash)
  • a few may get a level 1 upgrade (3 weapons) but not many will be able to go above that: 434-456 damage a weapon at level 1.
  • A lvl 3 prec shot rifle costs about a million to make and has a damage of 260-520. this is definitely the cheaper option and would probably still be more widely used, but it defintiely makes the set weapons more attractive as their range is much narrower and at the higher end.
  • Several may complain that some of the elite who can get level 2 or 3 upgraded wep gear will have an unfair advantage (as i'm not one of them I understand the position). However, I feel that if they can afford that, they already have quite an advantage and not much is changed. Those who have lvl 2/3 weps probably are the ones winning events and have event weps anyways.

I'm just kind of spit balling an idea and just wanted to gauge people's thoughts. Probably won't ever go anywhere but discussion is nice - I basically just miss the era of everyone using the golden gun or natty's weps etc :p

DeletedUser26820

If every weapon does the same damage on every server, how can it's damage be a little low?
The damage is what it is, and it's the same level playing field for every toon on every server.
So it can't be low or high. It's the same level playing field.

If you're seeing toons going towards an upgraded PSSR, it might be because they're taking a spare or even their only event single left hand, converting into cash, and converting that into an upgraded PSSR, a single of which they can get 365 days out of the year from a Gunsmith shop.
The same can't be said for event left-hands any toon might be looking to upgrade.

I view an upgraded PSSR relative to an event left-hand as a trade-off. You gain damage with the PSSR but you lose set, SP/AP, sector bonuses.
Personally, I won't trade HP or sector or set bonuses for a potential but not guaranteed hit in a FF to deal more damage.

But that's just me, Crooked.
And yes, sir, I'm still a big fan of of having 4-5-6 GG's floating around in a FF.
Thanks for the discussion :)

DeletedUser33353

I view an upgraded PSSR relative to an event left-hand as a trade-off. You gain damage with the PSSR but you lose set, SP/AP, sector bonuses.
Personally, I won't trade HP or sector or set bonuses for a potential but not guaranteed hit in a FF to deal more damage.

If you are a dueler build, and IF you are into forts....an upgraded pssr is the best weapon. And really, hp is counterproductive to dueler forters builds.
Has the sun baked your noodle on the golf course deiben? I hear you still have not returned cart number 5 back to the clubhouse. Glad you rented that on your Visa, and not mine ;)

asdf124

If you are a dueler build, and IF you are into forts....an upgraded pssr is the best weapon. And really, hp is counterproductive to dueler forters builds.
Has the sun baked your noodle on the golf course deiben? I hear you still have not returned cart number 5 back to the clubhouse. Glad you rented that on your Visa, and not mine ;)
Not always true, it depends on how much increase of lead versus hp.

Also, more chances to hit means less chances to miss a crit for duelers!

I never used a pssr and got 39k in w11 without being pure leadership via outlaw v1!

I still think outlaw rifle is way better to get than an upgraded pssr, but that's just my opinion. V1-v3 outlaw rifle is probably better than the price of pssr if you earn it.
335-355 at level 150(2.1 per level)(20-40)
369-391 v1 at level 150(2.31 per level)(22-44)
402-426 v2 at level 150(2.52 per level)(24-48)
436-462 v3 at level 150(2.73 per level)(26-52)

With enough hard work n luck, it is possible to get at least v2, with a mission impossible, v3 is possible ;).

They aren't low, you just haven't worked insanely hard to get better result.

Disclaimer, I don't advocate into working insanely hard!

Problem with pssr is that they may have less future than leveled weapons where they can just improve upon level.

It should be at least a year from now to have a new cap.

DeletedUser36192

Yeah okay, i was just wondering considering the difficulties of obtaining some of these weapons in mass numbers.

But then what about right hand set weps? some offer great bonuses for duelling as well but, even myself find the damage a bit low.
Would also be nice if they would change the set bonuses to vigor/shooting based on whether on not we used a melee or ranged weapon (from personal experience it's such a waste to get +45 shooting with a blackfoot axe)

true, i use a PSSR myself as a prem dueller, but one of the things that i miss is the + damage from set weapons and some additional stat bonuses here and there, the range of the weapon is also quite large.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38492

Yeah okay, i was just wondering considering the difficulties of obtaining some of these weapons in mass numbers.

But then what about right hand set weps? some offer great bonuses for duelling as well but, even myself find the damage a bit low.
Would also be nice if they would change the set bonuses to vigor/shooting based on whether on not we used a melee or ranged weapon (from personal experience it's such a waste to get +45 shooting with a blackfoot axe)

true, i use a PSSR myself as a prem dueller, but one of the things that i miss is the + damage from set weapons and some additional stat bonuses here and there, the range of the weapon is also quite large.
That Is Is Good Gun Tho