We really need to close down the older worlds and allow migration

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Hi sorry. Guess i forgot about this topic.

As of now, there are no plans to close any worlds.
But i will follow up on "what is needed" before that should happen.

Harsha..

@Hr.Nyborg With the upcoming closure of World 1, it does seem that Innogames is revisiting the issue of closure of dead worlds. This step was just one that was delayed by more than three years (it was slated to be closed along with W11 and 12 in 2018). A real concrete step now would be to do a overhaul of all the worlds on NET and aggressively close servers down.

A major component of this game's experience has always been the community. Not every player partakes in FFs and duels. but every player certaintly is a member of a world's community in some form. Dead worlds with inactive communities only cause harm to the game and turn away players who would otherwise have kept on playing the game. We would all be interested to know any further world restructuring plans in the pipeline. If not, it would be appreciated if you could lobby for that to happen to the relevant authority within Innogames.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Hi Harsha.

Thank you for your comment and insight with the worlds and activeness or lack of ;-)
As of now as you all know, world 1 will close down. This has for me been a strange issue, since it seems to have been "closed down" for a while.

So now with that world closing, at least those players will migrate to other worlds.
Apart from the worlds in .net, later this year the danish and swedish marked will be completely closed, and players will migrate to either a new world or existing worlds, hence getting more players on the worlds.

So for now, this is the plan, i have no further info about more worlds being closed. But this is a step towards bigger world population at least.

RaiderTr

I mean.. How many people we can really expect in total/per server to move onto .NET ?

If I had to guess, lots of them already have accounts here anyway..
Even if they don't, I don't expect Danish + Swedish to be many..

So I assume few more people per world.. Which is meh.
We need some migration routes within. (Don't have to be closure)

Would rather have few servers only but yea, Management is too afraid of "radical" (yet required) moves.

Last edited:
I'd be curious how many unique chars are playing (i'm in 3 worlds, i'm only 1 unique char) and if all worlds are combined, would this world get back to 3000+ chars, 2-3 full FFs a day, active community, multiple alliances that go strong/weak over time from "natural" gain/attrition. The world wouldn't need to rely on every player to do FFs, duels, crafting, building, questing, etc. If 2 tanks decided to do quests for 6months instead of FFs, it wouldn't tip the balance of all battles.

Observation: in briscoe, it seemed 2 chars took a break from the game, a 200 player alliance then became mostly inactive, then the 2 chars came back after a year or two, and then the alliance is active again. Stating the obvious, Inno has a huge problem if 3-5 players in the world can affect the entire world by just going inactive.

I've also observed that players that have multiple worlds tend to ignore the "quieter" worlds but still log in and set some things, sometimes. However, they aren't active participants in the world community. The fort battles, if there are any, have 30 offline or barely paying attention because they are more interested in a battle on a different world. If there were full battles, it wouldn't matter as much, but when there are 5 onliners and 25 offliners, it's really pointless.

Open a world called 'The Afterlife'. All worlds and chars die, but pick your chosen one, and it gets to live for eternity in The Afterlife.

of course, only duel and workers chars would make it to the afterlife :p

Last edited:

infiniti99

No one hes been brave enough to challenge the outdated and arbitrary policies of this company. I can only foolishly hope that changes.

The player-base is in desperate need of some actual help from Inno. Please listen to your customers, just for once in your careers.
The best way to challenge their stubbornness is to STOP spending money oof which I spend like a drunken sailor most times.

RaiderTr

Well you are right, but then they sell OP sets like Union Officer and someone buys anyway :'P

Company sadly prefers short term gains for this game..

So now with that world closing, at least those players will migrate to other worlds.
Apart from the worlds in .net, later this year the danish and swedish marked will be completely closed, and players will migrate to either a new world or existing worlds, hence getting more players on the worlds.

Are you saying that the Danish and Swedish servers will cease to exist altogether?

I guess those players will all be directed to .net?

I have always been in favor of eliminating the server barrier and putting everyone together on a global server (although there are still different worlds) but you will have the freedom to play anywhere you like with people from all over the world

I have read that you are working on an option to change the ingame interface language regardless of the server where you are, this is a good step for the unification of all the servers, we can continue playing using the google traslator, but the best thing will be to bring together all in one space

RaiderTr

I guess those players will all be directed to .net?
Yeap, that's the plan.
Hopefully. Knowing Inno and its cancelled plans.

I have read that you are working on an option to change the ingame interface language regardless of the server where you are
I believe Beta already started using multi-Languages option recently.

But not all languages are ready yet (idk how)

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Short answer to this is YES.

There are no precise day yet. But those 2 worlds will be completely closed.

About the language "setup" i do not know about it that much either, but it is being worked on, also for other markets. That way the text ingame will be in the language of your choosing. I do not know how it will work with the daily chat. But maybe that will either only be in english or something else will be done here as well.

NovaStar

I am posting this for a team mate. I am not sure EXACTLY which thread this might belong in but seems it may fit in here... and I'm also extremely puzzled why his forum access might be denied, as he seems a decent sort of guy, BUT...here it is:

"i don't have 2 cents to spare, and my forum access is denied... but i'll add my thoughts here, for anyone that wants to know, and re-post in the forums...

Deleting servers isn't going to help the problem... people that fort fight are going to fort fight, and those that don't aren't... so forcing closures of other servers because fort fights aren't full is just going to ruin things further... I play on different servers with different types of characters, so I can enjoy more aspects of the game...

There are 2 things i would really like to see, tho INNO will never approve of them... 1) make dueling an OPTIONAL choice, that you can opt out of, and not be dueled to death daily by players 50 levels higher than you, just because they want to be an A$$... so duelers can duel themselves if they feel like it, but those that hate the dueling aspect don't have to worry about it... and quit making ALL the events to where you have to duel and defeat someone in order to finish...

2) Give players the right to be a "Jack of all trades" so we don't have to rely on someone else who's charging 100X more than the product is worth in order to advance our skills...

I don't Fort fight on most of the worlds I play on... but I enjoy ALL aspects of the game.. Field cook here, different trades on other servers, different builds, etc... so if they end up closing worlds just because a few are whining about fort fights, i may decide to just stop playing... again.. my opinion... "

Deleting servers isn't going to help the problem... people that fort fight are going to fort fight, and those that don't aren't... so forcing closures of other servers because fort fights aren't full is just going to ruin things further....

Deleting servers to consolidate player base will help the problem. If 20% of chars FF, then 20% of 1000 players is more than 20% of 450 players. This will also help the chars that want to try fort fighting for a year, and then reskill to duel for a year, etc. Opening a new server every year really diluted the quality of the social aspect of the game (see below)

1) make dueling an OPTIONAL choice, that you can opt out of, and not be dueled to death daily by players 50 levels higher than you, just because they want to be an A$$... so duelers can duel themselves if they feel like it, but those that hate the dueling aspect don't have to worry about it... and quit making ALL the events to where you have to duel and defeat someone in order to finish...

Go townless, self-ko, skill specifically for defense. There are choices. It's the-west, not farmville. However, someone that KOs another char every 72hours does get quite annoying.

2) Give players the right to be a "Jack of all trades" so we don't have to rely on someone else who's charging 100X more than the product is worth in order to advance our skills..

Sounds like your "team mate" needs to make some friends. Also, it's the issue of small/dead worlds. More chars in the world = more active market = typically lower prices.