We really need to close down the older worlds and allow migration

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Considering the pace the worlds are closing I don't believe there is another one planned for closure. When was the last one we had closing down before Houston?

I believe they close about one a year maximum.

Symbiote

man if the situation in .net worlds is bad imagine in other regional servers

why disperse the userbase with no activity worlds? does that really brings in more money despite the cost for server maintenance?

one idea i had once is "round based worlds". basically there are only 4 worlds and all of them lasts for 2 years, they start 6 months apart each other.
world 1 starts today, world 2 starts in 6 months, world 3 in 12 months and world 4 in 18 months. in 24 months, world 1 is reset and a backlog for players perfomance is displayed like in the hall of fame; their xp, money, achievs, that sort of thing

they do it in The Crims, another browser game i used to play back then, the rounds lasts about 6 months and the best players get in-game rewards and even irl prizes

or we can stick with decade old worlds that favors the veterans, create new worlds that no veteran is willing to start all over and 4 months later said "new" world dies and we all come back to the main world

i never got why people frenzy in doing collections tho, but there could be mechanisms for you to get very old sets just for antiquity appreciation

maybe 3 years long rounds? and again, a limited number of worlds so no world is either the server hub or completely abandoned.

Symbiote

edit [no edit cause edit time limit is 5 minutes. lame.] : to not bother real old players of sorts, you can't have "round" worlds along with "timeless" worlds [maybe you can tho, like a retirement home for the ancients to talk all day about the good times.] people would still not play the "round" ones and just stick where they are in advantage. give them a ton of nuggs for their fidelity playing the game for so long and thus they can get ahead in this new mode of game. events are more frequent too? man this game has so much issues it's hard to tell how to fix something without breaking something else.

go mobile or shut down the game entirely.

Poker Alice

edit [no edit cause edit time limit is 5 minutes. lame.] : to not bother real old players of sorts, you can't have "round" worlds along with "timeless" worlds [maybe you can tho, like a retirement home for the ancients to talk all day about the good times.] people would still not play the "round" ones and just stick where they are in advantage. give them a ton of nuggs for their fidelity playing the game for so long and thus they can get ahead in this new mode of game. events are more frequent too? man this game has so much issues it's hard to tell how to fix something without breaking something else.

go mobile or shut down the game entirely.
Yep so very true, doomed if we do and doomed if we don't. You can't please everyone I suppose! Shut the game down? Oh please don't, I like playing the west. Go mobile? Popular yes-sure-re but mobile is not for me thanks, I still like my gaming pc even for older style games. Oh well, to each their own.

It's fun to play this game and then meander over to the forum talk to talk about .. the game. This is one of the more popular topics amongst the forum participators. Is it possible INNO has set up a system which includes starting a new world each year and for better or worse not going to change that system. Is it also possible that players might support that decision because after paying (with real and/or game money) don't want to leave the world they are playing in?

To look at this topic a little differently, this particular "issue" (thinking of paper money here) concerning the west's worlds could well be a player controlled decision anyway? Don't look to INNO but decide where we want people to be and promote that world! In a way it already is like that? I always see in game chat invitations and trading going on across different worlds. People declare different things.

"it is a dead world"
"this world is the best world"
"the most fun happens in my world" ..etc. etc. etc.

In short, if someone declares one world to be a hub, talks dirty about a particular world, declares a world dead or attempts to build a world up whatever they can. Do they succeed at moving players to the world of their choice? At the end of the day it is the individual player who decides where they want to be and that is reflected in the stats.

And as with anything there is always more than just one consideration. Some like crowded worlds, others not so much. Some want to be famous fort fighters while others are happy to be builders. And I suspect there are players who get up and leave an online game not because it has so many issues or broken but because they just feel it is time to do so as it reflects on their individual needs. But hey, it is interesting sometimes to talk about the game we play, like and at times get frustrated with or doom lurking prepare to be slurred at for getting dramatic.

Annie-Bell

lol.. i stop by to read this .. do kinda like idea about 4 worlds rotating and closing down .. seen that in other games as well. Keeps things going.

im sorry but did i miss "some people like crowded worlds" .. i do! i cant seem to find them tho .... pls help ....

briscoe, el dor, galv, houston, idaho, etc .. when there is 15 people in saloons .. somehow we still manage to do quests with crafting for most part but thats about it for those worlds which in itsself, deserves quite the achievement bonuses :D

im not suprised there no further closing, tho 2 worlds were mentioned together to be set for closure (houston/galv) with prior CM, and then both with recent migration, tho the treatment went separate ways at last month. Us as players learnt few things about migration various messages so was keen to make sure we alll had that info for next so alot smoother ... its inno ... not expecting much tho.

Poker Alice

It all depends on what you are used to?
im sorry but did i miss "some people like crowded worlds" .. i do! i cant seem to find them tho .... pls help ....
With a mean ole dueler standing next to me it might seem crowded. The 15 people in saloon stats is a contrast to the 104 in saloon#2 in the newest world for sure. Will see how that goes. But where ever your trail leads you hope you enjoy.