We need compensation for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Falcon

Hello everybody.

In light of the recent game bug which unexpectedly came up this morning, I feel the players who had been unable to play The West (And missing out on completing daily quests or other important stuff) are deserving of some sort of compensation. This could be anything from assistance in completing one active quest, perhaps a steel-lined box (Or even a wooden box) or maybe some other small but effective reward.

As you all might have probably guessed, neither me nor any of my friends (As far as I know) have been able to complete our daily quests as a result of this monster glitch/bug. And I don't know how anybody else feels, but I do not appreciate my game getting bugged simply because Inno feels the need to bring out a tombola. So, a compensation would be nice of them.

DeletedUser35968

i missed 9 hours on the west as the bug came on night for me. I was sitting idle for most of time. Also missed a fortbattle

DeletedUser23437

a large pile of free eggs would work for me ;)

the key is large :p

Deleted User - 1278415

You know for a game of this many players/worlds and the amount of uptime this game has proven in the past and to be down for only a few hours is an accomplishment in itself.

Its a free game unless you had a premium feature that was lost, I really dont see a need for compensation at this time.

How about a compromise of giving you 100 bonds for your loss of time or a brown tie (those are good for fort battles too :) )

DeletedUser33797

Have you hard of a thing called LIFE?
In life things happen
Why not ask God for some compensation because all the thing that are going wrong?
What in the world was so important in this game that u need compensation for?
Did the world ended because you couln`t login for a few h?
A work around was provided to you shortly after the glitch
This if you didn`t realized yet IT`S A GAME
You should have gone out with some friend in the mean time for some drinks or read a book,watch a movie ,make out with your girlfriend, etc
A brown tie it`s a noble thing to have and it should not be handed out lightly
Perhaps a Talisman will be more suited
PS:First post was made by gandalf greyham at 15:33 and twista posted the workaround at 18:12 so you could not log in for exactly 2h and 39 min.Yes you really need compensation for such a huge downtime

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

True, but the Almighty Brown Tie is exceedingly kind.

Seriously though, bugs occur all the time that cause individual players to be unable to login to the game for certain periods of time. This is no different, except for the much larger scale. There's no need to start handing out compensation for a few hours' downtime.

DeletedUser

Didn´t lost anything. Was working at the time of the glitch. Logged on at 17:54 and sent it to sleep with the sleeper set. Completed the 4 dailies, made the 3 duels and got big fred 5 times. So, didn´t lost anything with this problem.

DeletedUser15368

I demand at least a howdah, because I'm special and there was some downtime for a bit.

DeletedUser34315

Have you hard of a thing called LIFE?
In life things happen
Why not ask God for some compensation because all the thing that are going wrong?
What in the world was so important in this game that u need compensation for?
Did the world ended because you couln`t login for a few h?
A work around was provided to you shortly after the glitch
This if you didn`t realized yet IT`S A GAME
You should have gone out with some friend in the mean time for some drinks or read a book,watch a movie ,make out with your girlfriend, etc
PS:First post was made by gandalf greyham at 15:33 and twista posted the workaround at 18:12 so you could not log in for exactly 2h and 39 min.Yes you really need compensation for such a huge downtime

Semi unrelated, but that thread of mine about being unable to log on was from 2013 ;)

DeletedUser

THIS IS SERIOUS - all these joke posts make light of the major impact to my life.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A THREAT OR DEMAND ...

The cost to me of the downtime is 1.72 potatoes, rounded up to 2

I ask that aforemenioned potatoes be credited to my account within the next 3 working days.

If i do not recieve my potatoes i can assure you that i will do absolutely nothing - so be warned!

Should Inno or local moderators decide compensation greater value to my 2 potatoes then i expect to recieve either the same compensation or equivalent in potato.

This devestating attack upon our free gameplay must never be forgotten.

18/4 - Never forget

DeletedUser8627

Unfortunately no compensation at this time will be provided.

Servers go down, problems happen that are not in our control - this happens and sometimes unavoidable. Our development team are on standby when this happens to have the worlds up and running as soon as possible.

The worlds were still accessible, they did not crash but there was a slight issue that caused a loop in the log in screen. I posted a quick fix for this in the announcement section so players could log in and queue jobs/sleep. I also understand that some players were able to use a script to log in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.