We feel like a number here.

DeletedUser

In all the discussions I haven't seen any mention of naming worlds 11 & 12. Apologies if I missed.

Are there any talks in that regard? I do realize there are a bazillion other details that need attention right now, but... If we're going to be trimmed down to just 5 Worlds after the change is completed, would it be a big deal to give our two numbered worlds a name?

Lotsa good possibilities there.

Dakota Territories, Texas, just to name a couple.

DeletedUser

So they say.

That's why they closed registration to w2-w10 and opened character immigration to the 5 that will be left.

Check out the TW 2.0 discussions up in The Saloon.

Oh and I failed to notice that there would be THREE unnamed worlds. W1 & W12-15

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I usually call the named worlds by their number. When I use history in the address bar to open a world, it's by the number. When I use history to look up a world on westforts or a tw-db inventory it's by the number. When I talk about a world in chat, it's almost always by the number.

My biggest problem with naming 1, 11, and 12 is that the trend was to name worlds alphabetically, A, B, C. Jumping around the alphabet after the first three named worlds is aesthetically unappealing. If we were to name 1, 11, and 12 D, E, and F, either the names will be out of order or the numbers will be, which is equally unappealing because the numbers are in the chronological order the worlds opened.

Looks best to me:
World 1
World 11
World 12
World 13 / Arizona
World 14 / Briscoe
World 15 / Colorado
World 16 / Dakota (hypothetical new world to continue the sequence)

Ugly option number 1 (Now I know my ABCs...or not)
World 1 / Dakota
World 11 / El Paso
World 12 / Fort Worth
World 13 / Arizona
World 14 / Briscoe
World 15 / Colorado
World 16 / Goldfield (hypothetical new world to continue the sequence)

Ugly Option #2 (when this is implemented, people will have trouble logging in to the right world, though it looks much better)
World 13 / Arizona
World 14 / Briscoe
World 15 / Colorado
World 1 / Dakota
World 11 / El Paso
World 12 / Fort Worth
World 16 / Goldfield (hypothetical new world to continue the sequence)

DeletedUser33585

No idea what you are talking about tbh

I play T/W in World 12 (& no other Worlds)

Is World 12 going to continue, as just a solus World 12 for the long term future?

DeletedUser

Hopalong,
Sometime in the very near future (still TBA) we will have only W1 & W11-15. The rest will disappear.

And yes W12 is staying. That's why I started this mini campaign to give it a Name.

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=50379

Now then,

Elmyr's point is well taken and the desire to keep things alphabetical is understood. My question would be, is that engraved in stone? And another question would be, would it really be that confusing if they were out of alpha sequence?

Is there a possibility of allowing player input if names are to be chosen?

I too generally refer to a world by it's numerical designation, but it would still be nice to have a name.