Warehouse/Backpack Proposal

• Thread starter DeletedUser1105
  • Start date

DeletedUser4100

I am in full agreement with the Warehouse idea. The ideas suggested are great especially with the reduced limit we will be able to carry in our backpacks. People do like to hoard things till they have enough items to sell to get the 'big ticket' items at the general store without being dueled and loose all that hard earned gold. :bandit:

DeletedUser

If the backpack limits are implemented and onerous, I quite like this idea. :)

Although Ulthor's point about it effecting the free-wheeling types is valid.

Shoots down Violettes' nice idea about categories...

Warehouse building could have identical functionaility to what I suggested for the backpack. In term's of functionality of the warehouse building, I would imagine the screen would be split like the stores, with backpack inventory on one side and warehouse inventory on the other. And... you should be able to sell items directly from the warehouse.

DeletedUser

IF we have to have limits, my only real objection to what you have listed is that you would have to be able to either rent warehouses in two towns at once, or have some method of MOVING the warehouse. If you got kicked out/left one town, you would certainly want to move the items to your new town.

Diggo11

I like the idea, but I think if your not in a town it isn't fair. Perhaps the rent should only apply to people putting things in their warehouse AND in another town's.

DeletedUser

If you have a full inventory, then instead of any other items gained just being rejected, those items could automatically go into your warehouse.

Be annoying if you didn't have any space and all of a sudden you miss out on some great item.

Warehouse I think should act like the Saloon does, thus being the option is always available but limited until your town gains a warehouse of which the space increases.

DeletedUser

i got a problem..

what if stuff is in the bank and its rented..

then the rent runs out and their pack is full. Do the items just disapear??

DeletedUser

i got a problem..

what if stuff is in the bank and its rented..

then the rent runs out and their pack is full. Do the items just disapear??
End of Rental Period/Leaving/Kicked (Thanks to Teodoros for this solution)
If a player leaves a town, is kicked out or the rental period ends, everything in the warehouse at that time is locked. To unlock it, you either have to rejoin the town, or pay another rental fee to be able to access it. Warehouses would be emptied after 45 days inactivity i.e. if a player did not either pay a rental fee or did not join that town within that period, the items would be deleted from the game.
Players renting a warehouse would receive an in-game telegram/report informing them that the rental period is due to end.
Theres your answer

DeletedUser1105

ulthor said:
the best thing would be campaign against it rather than asking them to recode
But this idea is only if they are going to implement it. It is a suggestion as to HOW they could limit the backpack and still allow some flexibility. Surely it is better to get this idea in now then spend time campaigning against it only for them to implement it anyway in a way that is not as good as this proposal. This is trying to get them to see this idea and maybe take some inspiration from. Not likely, I know, but it's worth a shot.

Yes, I agree that you should be able to switch your warehouse stuff into a different warehouse, but at a 'removal' cost, maybe?

Diggo, not it's not fair, but neither is the fact that non-town members don't have access to a bank. This at least gives you access to it. As suggested by madkill, maybe it should give everyone a 'level 1' warehouse, but non-town members have to rent a higher level from the game. I think the non-town members should have to choose a town to 'host' their warehouse though, even if level 1 is free, so that it is not accessable from every town (otherwise what's the point?).

I also like madkills suggestion of automatic moving when full. I'll amend my original post with all of this info.

DeletedUser

They can't limit the backpack as things are now. Some items still don't stack correctly, and you will be needing many clothes if you want to keep a varied option of jobs.

DeletedUser

There are some flaws about this idea. If it happens that your backpack and lets say even the warehouse was full at that time and after a job, you got a nice item, you can't get that item cause your backpack was full and now you'll be blaming yourself for not removing at least one thing from your backpack so that nice item would have fitted in. There are also some occasions that you find 2 or more kinds of items and if you have only space for 1 item, how can you choose between the two if they are both nice, both needed items? The question here is about space. You get only 1 instead of 2? Or no item at all after any job trial when there is no space left? That seems unfair. For example, you got space for 1 item, after coal mining you found a razor blade and some coals, the razor fitted but the lumps of coal didnt cause there wasn't any space left in your backpack but you need coal for a quest.

I don't like this idea for this concept. I like the other idea suggested that the inventory should have a "for sale" section where you move the items you want to sell so they don't mess up with the items you often need.

DeletedUser

let the person get all the items/products they would normally get but dont allow them to work until they are at or below the maximum backpack capacity

DeletedUser

no, thats very bad if say they qued up 8 hrs of jobs(premium) then logged out would they only work for 2 hrs???
I dont like that idea. Lets just use sdjx22's solution of the fact that the inventory gets shifted autommatically into the warehouse-just like the bank gives you the money you need whenever. If you have no space left, then you suck!

DeletedUser

why is it a flaw if someone cant get an item because they were too stupid to make sure they had room in their backpack for items picked up from jobs before doing a job? its called strategy, and its what this idea would invoke more of if implemented. i like it.

DeletedUser

Diggo, not it's not fair, but neither is the fact that non-town members don't have access to a bank. This at least gives you access to it. As suggested by madkill, maybe it should give everyone a 'level 1' warehouse, but non-town members have to rent a higher level from the game. I think the non-town members should have to choose a town to 'host' their warehouse though, even if level 1 is free, so that it is not accessable from every town (otherwise what's the point?).

This is also fairly realistic; think about your local post office, where miscellaneous people can have a PO box even if they don't live in the area, or a bank which rents out safety deposit boxes to whomever.

DeletedUser

why is it a flaw if someone cant get an item because they were too stupid to make sure they had room in their backpack for items picked up from jobs before doing a job? its called strategy, and its what this idea would invoke more of if implemented. i like it.

Because if I find a fancy bloody awesome item, I would like to option to throw out a crappy product and prioritize the most expensive and worthwhile item for that last single backpack slot.

DeletedUser1105

John Rose, that may be a good solution. If both backpack and inventory are full, then you get the option to throw away something to keep the items you have just found. You can't sell it, but you can throw it away for nothing.

I think people are misunderstanding. This idea is not ASKING for the backpack limit to be introcuded, it is just saying IF it is going to be introduced, this may be a decent way to do it.

As mentioned above, some kind of strategy would be needed. Yes, I think banks would need to hold more, but that's a seperate issue.