Warehouse/Backpack Proposal

• Thread starter DeletedUser1105
  • Start date

DeletedUser

why is it a flaw if someone cant get an item because they were too stupid to make sure they had room in their backpack for items picked up from jobs before doing a job? its called strategy, and its what this idea would invoke more of if implemented. i like it.
Strategy? The chance of finding an item is always unexpected how many or how good the item you might just get is always a question that can only be answered after the job is done. Lets say you have reserved 5 items slots in your inventory and you queued 3 jobs of work, each for 2 hours using premium, but when you checked it, you found 6 or more items but you didn't expect to find more than 5. So it turns out that some of your items will be rejected. And how can the game automatically dispose items in your inventory just to fit the new items in? How about if your golden buffalo gets dropped?

Plus this idea has another fatal flaw. Normally when your bank does not have enough space, you would just keep the useless items you have in your inventory and just sell them only when you are going to buy something so that you won't take risks losing your extra money on a duel. Storing the items you plan to sell in your warehouse will just cost space and could lead useful items to be rejected forever. Products can be stacked but items can't. And items are more expensive than products when sold.

This idea is a disaster. I hate it.

DeletedUser1105

Bill, the idea is not a disaster. When I posted first, I said there was problems that needed to be discussed to see how it could work. We have already fixed a number of problems with it. Now we can look at the other problems.

What I think you fail to realise Bill is that the original idea FROM THE DEVELOPERS is to possibly limit the backpack to 30 items. This throws up the exact same problems that you are complaining about. Yet this idea allows for much more flexibility than just restricting the backpack to 30 items, so how exactly is this a disaster?

Reyne

Saddlebags have already been suggested, but I would like to propose that our residences be given actual meaning. We should be able to store a chest, dresser, or some article of furniture in our residence. It would give characters an incentive to join a town.

The residence (sounds better than some anonymous warehouse :p ) could be clicked on a shop with the split screen (that someone already suggested).

Otherwise, a chest in the bank could store more items, again necessitating belonging to a town. After all, loners and free spirits traveled lightly with only saddlebags.

DeletedUser

the thing is... when you add a new warehouse.. you have one extra building.. wich helps to slow donw the growing speed of the towns... (as the deffs want it..)

and the recidences are already for something... they give you more room for members...

DeletedUser

If a renter doesn't claim his Items within 45 Days, are the Abandoned Items up for grabs?

DeletedUser

Bill, the idea is not a disaster. When I posted first, I said there was problems that needed to be discussed to see how it could work. We have already fixed a number of problems with it. Now we can look at the other problems.

What I think you fail to realise Bill is that the original idea FROM THE DEVELOPERS is to possibly limit the backpack to 30 items. This throws up the exact same problems that you are complaining about. Yet this idea allows for much more flexibility than just restricting the backpack to 30 items, so how exactly is this a disaster?
Yes this idea is at least better and more flexible than what the developers' plan as you said but I think the downside of this is just tragic, not as tragic as the developer's idea, but still is see a lot of downside to it that would just cause more problems.

Some of the other guys in this thread have suggested ways to patch up these downsides but the developers may have a harder time trying to implement those into the game as well. We've been having a lot of changes to the game, a possible reason why they are setting premium prices higher than it was and now many guys are complaining.

In my opinion, having the unlimited back pack capacity has no problems and shouldn't be changed. This allows players to use all the items they have wherever they are on the map even if they are hours away from their own town without having to go back home just to get the gear on.

So if I saw an outsider just appeared on my town I was on my way home 15 minutes to get there, I saw this guy had duel clothing and, I realize the target could be me, unfortunately I left my defensive tactical shirt on the warehouse and the duel will be over when I get there. I lost because I didn't have my defense gear on.

The developers also plan that duels have to be done in the map not just in towns. So you have to have all your useful items, for working or for dueling wherever you are.

The warehouse idea also costs more money which is a downside if you really plan to save cash for something on the stores.

I favor the other idea that the backpack should have sections where you can isolate those you plan to sell and those you plan to use or keep.

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=10327

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

bill these ideas are not competing you dont have to have one or another. it is possible to have both

DeletedUser1105

Bill, that's not my point. I couldn't agree more with you that it is better the way it is, with unlimited amounts. I wouldn't change that.

This idea is simply a case of 'If you are hell-bent on introducing a limit of some kind, this could be a better way than simply limiting the backpack to 30 items'.

DeletedUser

Bill, that's not my point. I couldn't agree more with you that it is better the way it is, with unlimited amounts. I wouldn't change that.

This idea is simply a case of 'If you are hell-bent on introducing a limit of some kind, this could be a better way than simply limiting the backpack to 30 items'.
Yes this would be better. Limiting the back pack to 30 items is very intolerable. Since after the last few updates, I started seeing products having failure to stack properly in the inventory suggesting that new updates affect earlier updates.

DeletedUser

Yes this would be better. Limiting the back pack to 30 items is very intolerable. Since after the last few updates, I started seeing products having failure to stack properly in the inventory suggesting that new updates affect earlier updates.

I've been wondering about that. What are you suggesting here? I started playing pretty recently (mid December) and I often find that products don't auto-stack for me, even when they're earned from the same job in the same hour. They do stack fine when I put one in my product slot and then put it back in my backpack, though. :huh: So it's not that the products are somehow distinct because they were generated from different versions, if that's what you meant. (I'm guessing it isn't.)