War in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitter Lemon

I am glad that InnoGames has reconsidered its position. For those who can't read Facebook, I share this post with you here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thewest.official/announcements

Dear players,

Over the last days we are all watching with great sorrow the destructive effects of the Russian Army invading Ukraine. We are truly heartbroken to see the devastating war scenes from that part of the world. No soul in the world should go through the anguish, devastation and loss of war and yet this is the reality for millions of people, in the last days.
InnoGames has donated 10.000 EUR to the Red Cross, a well-known organization which is set to do humanitarian work, ranging from helping refugees to training doctors. Besides that, we are also looking into getting blankets, airbeds and other merchandise to organizations responsible with assisting the people of Ukraine that had to leave their houses because of this terrible war.
We know that there are many people out there that would like to help and don’t know exactly how. We have a beautiful and strong community of players in Ukraine and we’d like to do our best to support them in these times of need. That’s why we decided to share with you a trustful list of ways on how we, all together, can support the people of Ukraine in such distressful times: https://www.globalcitizen.org/.../ways-to-help-ukraine....
Let’s all be kind to each other and hope for better and more peaceful times ahead!

safe_image.php

Please share the link in other countries as well. It is so important that we take a stand on this and stand by the Ukrainian people. Thank you! Bitter Lemon (FantaSixty)

Bitter Lemon

I am pleased that InnoGames is taking a clear position in the Russia-Ukraine conflict and is actively and financially helping the Ukrainian population. :up:

I also have an idea about this. How about a new set in the colours light blue and yellow? I don't care what skill this set could have. It should not be expensive, maybe the set box for 1000 nuggets. That is around 20 €. The proceeds could go entirely to a donation account. So that as many players as possible participate, it should not cost more than 1000 nuggets, so that really many players can buy this set and donate at the same time.
What do you think?
Maybe @Syntex can forward this idea to the right place?
I would be very happy to donate something this way.

Clever Hans

I am pleased that InnoGames is taking a clear position in the Russia-Ukraine conflict and is actively and financially helping the Ukrainian population. :up:

I also have an idea about this. How about a new set in the colours light blue and yellow? I don't care what skill this set could have. It should not be expensive, maybe the set box for 1000 nuggets. That is around 20 €. The proceeds could go entirely to a donation account. So that as many players as possible participate, it should not cost more than 1000 nuggets, so that really many players can buy this set and donate at the same time.
What do you think?
I'd chip in too, great idea!

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager

What do you think?
Thank you for the suggestion, I will forward it!

Bitter Lemon

bitter lemon... please excuse me with youre ideas with blue and yellow... did you see a child refugies in youre face... one to one? did you see how a five years girl cry when you gave her a doll?

give shelter so some refugies in real world, provide them clotes and food and let idea with color forum and buildings for other time

Yes, I see these pictures every day. I cry every day because it touches me so deeply. Yes, I have already donated.
But a company like InnoGames also helps, even in real life. And we as a community together with InnoGames can help even more. That is my idea.
A set, maybe with the skill "peace negotiation", not too expensive, so that as many players as possible participate, I think that will bring another million euros to a donation account. That helps Ukrainians in real life. That helps the children.

Alice Kingsleigh

And all those Russians who are taken hostage by their leader, who are against this war, who demonstrate and are arrested, what do you do with them ?
Everything is not black and white on both sides.
This war is horrible but why condemn everyone ?
Do you think that this is the way to get something by depriving them of a game ?
I support Ukraine of course but also all those people who would like it to be different.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
@martoru please note that our platforms are not the right place to discuss extreme political topics, especially when it comes to such a sensitive topic.

Thank you for your understanding!

martoru

all i originaly write, and please dont delete me again is that

INNO should ban all rusian players as part of sanction not to teach russian players to use vpn connection

end of topic for me but please let my voice been heard not ban my voice deleting my messages

Victor Kruger

Well well well, so Inno wish to get involved too.. a big mistake imo as i play the west to AVOID the daily crap we all live with.. but hey ho one step closer to war so... ill say my piece now Inno has set the precedence.

I support neither side, not Putin and certainly not prolonging the war by proxy .. many more innocent will die the longer it continues.. THAT is the reality and I will not support that.

We are being led by the nose on the path to madness by the same lunatic warmongers and politicians as usual... Where were you all over the past decade with your voices in defence of all those places decimated by Invasion Attrition and War ? Where was Inno ?

Let me list the countries and conflicts everyone is so equally upset about... Not.

War in Afghanistan, 2001–2021

War in Darfur 2003 - present

Iraq War, 2003–2011

Kurdish–Turkish conflict 1978–present

Internal conflict in Myanmar 2016 - present

War in North-West Pakistan 2004 =present

Conflict in the Niger Delta 2004 - present

Persian Gulf crisis 2019 - present

Kivu conflict 2004 - present

Operation Enduring Freedom – Trans Sahara 2007 = present

Somali Civil War 2009 – present

Sudanese conflict in South Kordofan and Blue Nile 2011 - present

Central African Republic conflict 2012–present

South Sudanese Civil War 2013 - 2020

Libya Conflict, 2011–present

Syria Conflict, 2011–present

Yemen Conflict, 2014–present

Palestinian conflict 1948 until - present

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014 - present

All the above were/are proxy wars Does the vast majority here care as much or know some even exist ? of course not.

If you didnt feel as outraged or been vocal about any of the above ( there are also plenty more ) ... then go take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why ?

The hypocrisy is simply stunning and hysteria off the charts... A Ukrainian life means no more or less than a Russian one, a Lybian one or Syrian... the pattern here is clear.. Europe can warmonger all it likes on anyone else and the response is minute... as long as its not on the continent of Europa... thats different and of course in a way it is because of the potential and past examples of world wars... and you think prolonging and making it a proxy one this is going to decrease the risks we are all facing ? .. madness.

I see zero benefit to prolonging this conflict other than many more lives lost, maimed and ruined plus more families destroyed displaced and potentially becoming far more widespread as useful idiots are goaded into escalating the conflict, the public is once again being played and manipulated on all sides from all political and media fronts, cant you all see that ? ..

This is about $ and power not what is right or just make no mistake.

Negotiation and peace talks is the only way and itll end that way eventually when enough have died. The longer it goes on the higher the death toll. So...No i do not support this war .. AT ALL.

Two quotes spring to mind straight out of 1984 which if you havnt read you should.

The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human. George Orwell.

Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain. George Orwell.

It was supposed to be a warning to humanity not an instruction manual..........

Be safe, be well and do not be swayed by propaganda like colour revolution methods such as using flags... its straight out the propagandists playbook

Ill leave it at that and with a final thought from perhaps the greatest man of peace in the 20th century, and we badly need another now for the 21st

“An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind” M. K. Gandhi.

Last edited:

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic. Please remember that as of our communications rules The West forums are not a place to discuss extreme political cases. We are going to close this thread and we would like to invite you to continue such discussions on a more suitable forum. Such discussions on the forums should ideally be about showing support, sharing useful materials (I.e. link to charities), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.