"Walk" option to job sites

Veedle

I would like to have a 'walk' option to every job area, so that we can equip speed gear to get to the job and then once there change to the relevant job gear.

DeletedUser

You can do that anyway. Just equip your speed gear, click a 5-second job, then change to your work-gear, queue your normal job and cancel the 5-second job. You will have your normal work queued and you will still gain the speed advantage of your speed gear since the travel-time is locked in.

Post-edit: You can gain your Achievements for walking and donkey this way. Simply find two towns at opposite diagonal corners, (NW to SE for instance), queue up your fastest speed gear, set to travel as many times as you want between the two towns and then either remove your mount (for walking) or switch to donkey. Like I say, once travel is locked in, the time does not change unless you cancel it or change it to a new destination.

Last edited by a moderator:

neel shah

You can do that anyway. Just equip your speed gear, click a 5-second job, then change to your work-gear, queue your normal job and cancel the 5-second job. You will have your normal work queued and you will still gain the speed advantage of your speed gear since the travel-time is locked in.

Did the same, had -247 LP once, with speed gear, set a 15 second gear, had to go off for a minute, took longer, came back, dead.

Better, set 1 hour job with speed gear, and then cancel it, no worries, even if you are a little late :)

DeletedUser

Did the same, had -247 LP once, with speed gear, set a 15 second gear, had to go off for a minute, took longer, came back, dead.
Sorry mate. I think you misunderstood me.
You don't need to wait until you're there to change your clothes. As soon as you begin to travel, you put on your work-clothes and queue your proper jobs then you cancel the 15-second job. It will not affect your travel-time.

This should be in the spoilers section :p
I thought that once, but I was told that - technically - it isn't a spoiler. :)

Post-edit: I'd better clarify. Just in case.
When you wear your speed-clothing and you want to travel to a job, click on a random job at that location for 15-seconds. You will then receive your travel-time.
(Let's say it's Silver-Mining that you want to do for...say 4 hours.)
You click on Prospecting for any length of time and the travel-time is 10 minutes for instance.
You then wear your work-clothes for the job that you want to do - in this instance Silver Mining.
So you are already travelling and you have just put on your work-clothes for Silver Mining. You will notice that your travel-time has not increased. In fact it is still counting down as normal.
Okay. You now queue 1 Hour of Silver Mining. Wait until it is queued and then cancel the Prospecting job. You will now have 1 Hour of Silver Mining in your queue and you still have the same arrival-time.
Now simply queue the next 3 hours of Silver Mining that you want and voila. You have your 4 hours of Silver Mining wearing the best work-clothes AND you got there using your speed clothes. Simple. :)

MFRavenhawk

And THEN....after you queue up ALL your jobs, dont forget to switch to your finishing gear (gear that grants bonuses at job completion, like Allan Quatermain set for increased luck drops, or Chisholm set for increased cash) or defensive duel gear ;)

neel shah

Sorry mate. I think you misunderstood me.
You don't need to wait until you're there to change your clothes. As soon as you begin to travel, you put on your work-clothes and queue your proper jobs then you cancel the 15-second job. It will not affect your travel-time.

I thought that once, but I was told that - technically - it isn't a spoiler. :)

Post-edit: I'd better clarify. Just in case.
When you wear your speed-clothing and you want to travel to a job, click on a random job at that location for 15-seconds. You will then receive your travel-time.
(Let's say it's Silver-Mining that you want to do for...say 4 hours.)
You click on Prospecting for any length of time and the travel-time is 10 minutes for instance.
You then wear your work-clothes for the job that you want to do - in this instance Silver Mining.
So you are already travelling and you have just put on your work-clothes for Silver Mining. You will notice that your travel-time has not increased. In fact it is still counting down as normal.
Okay. You now queue 1 Hour of Silver Mining. Wait until it is queued and then cancel the Prospecting job. You will now have 1 Hour of Silver Mining in your queue and you still have the same arrival-time.
Now simply queue the next 3 hours of Silver Mining that you want and voila. You have your 4 hours of Silver Mining wearing the best work-clothes AND you got there using your speed clothes. Simple. :)

Then that is actually a bug then :|

Anyways, thanks for the tip ! :D

DeletedUser26820

Same is done with dueling....

Put on speed gear.
Set a 15-second job that a target is at.
Change to duel gear and initiate duel on targeted player.
Cancel 15-second job while traveling.

Time to travel to dueling target does not change and you're getting to him to begin the duel as quickly as possible.

It's not a bug if anyone and everyone can do it and it applies equally to all toons.
This is something that's not being manipulated for an unfair advantage.

It's playing the game.

Veedle

Walk to job option

Wow there are some quite involved tips and tricks in here now...I still think it will be soooo much easier to have a walk option! :p

neel shah

and Inno will plan to fix it and again we will have a swarm of bugs incoming.

No thanks, I am fine with current workaround :D

Though, the idea is great :p

DeletedUser37191

Wow there are some quite involved tips and tricks in here now...I still think it will be soooo much easier to have a walk option! :p

Having to use the walk option means one less room in the task queue for jobs.
But if you really want that, one alternative is to walk to the nearest town/quest place and then set for the job

DeletedUser

But if you really want that, one alternative is to walk to the nearest town/quest place and then set for the job
But why would you do that, when you can actually walk to the job that you want to do? That doesn't really make any sense.

Post-edit: Except in cases where you NEED your work clothed to do a job because it is of a higher level than yourself, I suppose. In that case your suggestion is valid.

DeletedUser37191

But why would you do that, when you can actually walk to the job that you want to do? That doesn't really make any sense.

Post-edit: Except in cases where you NEED your work clothed to do a job because it is of a higher level than yourself, I suppose. In that case your suggestion is valid.

Right on the edit, but also when you think it's too complicated to set the job with speed clothes, change, set the job again and cancel the first:p

DeletedUser35120

Right on the edit, but also when you think it's too complicated to set the job with speed clothes, change, set the job again and cancel the first:p

Yea.. but that's not always possible. What if you cannot unlock the job.. i.e. you don't have enough level to unlock it. Then it comes down to unlocking with LP, and you may not have the LP to unlock it in speed clothes.

Just a possibility, but I feel there's no huge need for this idea to be implemented really. :)

DeletedUser33353

I believe the current work around on speeding through the worlds works well...no need to muck it up imo.

djogani

We cant exploit workarounds forever, the game needs changing for better user experience. Most of people dont know about this "feature", like myself before reading this thread, so they keep finding their own ways to travel fast, eg. instead of puting 15sec job that will kill you if you dont react in time, put 1 hour job while wearing speed gear. but that doesnt automate your actions...

DeletedUser

And THEN....after you queue up ALL your jobs, dont forget to switch to your finishing gear (gear that grants bonuses at job completion, like Allan Quatermain set for increased luck drops, or Chisholm set for increased cash) or defensive duel gear ;)

Whoa, wait, this is interesting. So their are stats that are calculated when you start (queue) the task, and there are stats that are calculated when you complete the task? I thought it was one or the other.

Can someone please explain which is calculated when?

DeletedUser33353

Simple....thought it was common knowledge....start a job with your best gear, finish it with your best luck/exp/$ gear. Has been like this for at least a couple of years.

DeletedUser

Just to expand on what Kidd said above. When you begin (or even queue) a job, your LP (Labour Points) for that job are locked in. When you finish the job, the game then calculates your luck. Now it is not always possible to change into luck-clothing when you begin a job if that job is of a higher level than your character.
To clear that up. Say you want to do a job that is level 51, but you are only at level 50. You have clothing however that allows you to do that job because that clothing raises your LPs to allow you to do the job. In this case and this case only, you will not be allowed to remove your work-clothes.
In all other instances, once a job is queued, you can indeed change to luck-clothes and sit back and hope.
I myself use the Holiday set as this has a luck value. I know there are other sets that grant luck percentage, but I don't know what they are. No doubt someone else can fill in the gaps there. :)

Post-edit: People keep talking about not being able to change their clothes in time and getting killed. Unless you are using a Rocket Turtle Shell, you have plenty of time to change your clothes. To say it again, once your travel is set it cannot be changed, (unless to be reduced by using Nuggets or buffs), so it is safe to change your clothes as soon as the first 15-second job is locked in. Simply change into your work-clothes, queue up your proper job and then cancel the 15-second job. You have loads of time in which to do this. The only time I can see that anyone should die from that 15-second job is if you set to travel and forget to change into your work-clothes, queue up the correct job and then cancel the 15-second job. Seriously, you have plenty of time to do this.
I think the problem is that people think that you need to keep the speed-clothes on until you arrive. This is not true.
Once your travel is set, it is set. Period.