VOTE: Best RTS game

DeletedUser8950

Here's the list-important notes in red
This is for my video game of the week thread. Just post your vote, pref with an opinion.

1)Dune 2-First ever real RTS
2)Supreme Commander-Ability to do this
3)Command and Conquer (C&Q)
4)Company of Heroes-Much less focus on resources, more on tactics.
5)Civilisation-Added the concept of advancing through ages
6)Age of Empires
7)Warcraft: Orcs and humans
8)Empire Earth
9)StarCraft
10)Total Annihilation-First to add 3D
11) Kohan: Immortal Sovreigns-Several features added such as supply lines. Was also ported to linux in year of release. Much less micromanagement.
12)Star wars:Empire at war
13)Homeworld
14)C&Q: Red Alert
15)Utopia (I know it's not quite an RTS, but eh)-First real drive for the genre
16)Rome total war (tbh it's more RTT, but it still deserves a mention at the least)

DeletedUser

Empire Earth. Playable by both hardcore gamers and beginners. Lots of great features, amazing game play. Top notch game imo.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I love Empire Earth, it's more of a fun role playing thing though, the gamers who looked seriously at their strategies would have found it a clicking war. Good for playing against the computer or with friends but not good for competitions. Empire Earth 2 and 3 were bad, but they don't count.

DeletedUser

Civilization- I don't think it counts as an RTS, but it's certainly my favorite, since I'm a history buff. I'm kinda pissed that Revolutions wasn't released for PC, since that's the only worthwhile console I own.

DeletedUser

Company of Heroes.

Tactics and strategy.
Improvisation and planning.
Adapt or die.

It's fast paced with customizations available allowing you to add a personal flavour to your chosen style.

The cover-system is made of win, and you actually care about your soldiers living or dieing.

The dynamic battlefield combined with the cover-system offers great opportunities and challenges.

DeletedUser

I played a few games on the list but my favorite is C&C:Red Alert. Though I never played starcraft because the fear of becoming addicted to it :D. I manage to be responsable with red alert...

DeletedUser8950

Wow, this is interesting!
A 3 way tie, with Civilization, Company of heroes and Empire Earth all tying with 2 votes each.

I'll post the winner tommorow and pick my own favourite out of those if there is a tie. You have about 10hours as of now, get voting.

DeletedUser

Wow, this is interesting!
A 3 way tie, with Civilization, Company of heroes and Empire Earth all tying with 2 votes each.

I'll post the winner tommorow and pick my own favourite out of those if there is a tie. You have about 10hours as of now, get voting.
You forgot that my vote counts doubble, seeing how I'm awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Im guessing you closed this already as the results are put up, but I would vote for rome. I just played it yesterday after I was reminded of it and I enjoyed trampaling and goring pathetic peasants with my mighty war elephants.

DeletedUser8950

Sorry you 2 are too late, but your votes probably wouldn't have affected the outcome.