Virtual Wars

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

Deleted User - 819397

As we all know, MMORPGs are highly popular in the world today. However, the newest one, Doom Desire, has an odd effect. The people who play the game are sucked into the game world. The digital world is constantly in turmoil as there is a war going on, between two sides. As a newcomer to this game, you are unsure of several things:
A: How you got inside the game
B: Why the character you created no longer exists...you have effectively replaced the character.
C: What the two sides are fighting for, and what caused the war in the first place.
D: If you are the only real life person that got sucked in, or if this is a common occurrence.
E: How, if possible, are you going to get back to the real world?

Rules:

No God-modding, as usual.
Be realistic. You are NOT your character in the game...you are a perfectly normal human.
Keep in character...off topic doesn't work in this section anymore, remember? ;)
Have fun!

Character sheet:
Name:
Beliefs about the A-E questions you have: (Do you think it's possible to get back, etc)
Bio:

-----------------------------
Name: James Damian
Beliefs about questions: Believes the whole game is a trap to keep all computer game players away from the world, and as a result is impossible to escape.
Bio: James was the typical high school student. He got good grades, had a girlfriend, and just got along with everyone. He enjoyed playing games, but Doom Desire was his first MMORPG. One of his friends got him interested, and shortly after he started, his friend mysteriously fell ill. Once James was sucked into the game, he realized the truth of what had happened to his friend, and came to believe that the game was a trap for all video game players, and many people were in on it, allowing it to happen. He currently has no idea what is going on in the game world, but has resigned himself to the fact he's not getting out for a while, perhaps never.

(Just wanted to say I was vague about the game world on purpose...I want to see how you all interpret the game world)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

Name: John Rein
Beliefs: all part of the game, you get out when you win
Bio: Just a really bored guy, who saw a flashy game, impulse buyed, and got sucked in. Starting weapon is this a flaming sword

DeletedUser

Name: Cassie Feifer
Beliefs:
•A: A gift from her mother, due to "All her friends playing it."
•B: (Im confused... Elaborate?)
•C: Two sides are probably fighting for a real-life grand prize.
•D: Common occurence.
•E: Winning.

Bio: A nerdy, but athletic kid, she's always been interested in the massively multiplayer market. Character is Thalia, generally used weapon is a Gunsword

DeletedUser

Name:Jake Monroe
Beliefs:Jake believes he's never going to leave this world and is trying at all costs to escape.
Bio:Jake is a typical street skater that you'd expect never go on a computer.One night Jake did and he was sucked into the game he heard some nerds talking of.Jake had a few good friends which he never told secrets.He laughed,joked and talked with everyone, but never gave a secret of his life away.His starting weapon is this lovely thang!

Deleted User - 819397

(In response to Senokai's question about the B. question...the character you created to play the game from, (Like Lord Regal on world 7, aka. my character) no longer exists. When you were sucked into the game, that character was deleted, replaced with you. You're a normal human, so it's hardly a fair trade)

(Also, in response to the red rep I got from making this thread, in case you haven't noticed, the west is pretty much a MMORPG, albeit not in real time, as many officially called games are...therefore, females play, including you, I'm assuming, since the rep called for female RPs)

(Ok...starting)

James ran through the ruined temple. He knew the war had come here, and he also knew that the war would return here...the battlegrounds were often re-used as the other side gained the advantage. He wished he had some sort of weapon to defend himself with, but he didn't. Throwing himself behind some cover in case any soldiers were near, he caught his breath. Ever since he had entered the game, it had been running and hiding...he wasn't sure if he had lives, now being a part of the game, but he didn't want to take that risk. Regaining his strength, he waited in the ruins.

DeletedUser13682

John was walking through a temple, it was an ugly thing. He guessed it must have been beautiful at one time, but it wasn't anymore, it was the site of one of the early battles of the war, where many worshippers had been slaughtered in the middle of prayer, by who? Unknown. Whose side was John on? Who knew. John didn't even know what the sides were, just that there were at least two, duking it out everywhere. But, luckily, today, the temple wasn't being used for war. So, John took the time to explore, hoping for a ranged weapon. What he didn't expect was to come upon another person, hiding in the ruins. He knelt down beside the person, and spoke to him. "Hey man, you all right? Anybody else here besides us?"

Deleted User - 819397

(two Johns? I'll change my name to James then)

James started as the young man started talking to him. "Yeah...I'm fine...I don't THINK there's anyone else here, but then again I wasn't expecting anyone before you came, so who knows?" Looking him up and down, he stated, "You're another person who got sucked into the game, aren't you?" He stood up. "I have no idea why this is going on, but I'm sure of one thing...I'm not going to die here...you want to team up and find a way out of here? I don't have a weapon...didn't know you could find one...but I know how to use my head." He held his hand out. "We have a deal?"

DeletedUser

Character sheet
Name: Real name, Eldon Eugene. In game name, JakLauren
Bio: Gamer from birth!
A: How you got inside the game: I paid my subscription!
B: Why the character you created no longer exists...you have effectively replaced the character. Part of the game.
C: What the two sides are fighting for, and what caused the war in the first place. Because, it's the meaning of life.
D: If you are the only real life person that got sucked in, or if this is a common occurrence. I see a lot of other people like me, strange. Must be part of the game.
E: How, if possible, are you going to get back to the real world? Defuse the bomb!

Eldon checked around his vision. Hmm, no HUD. He thought, as he began to take in his surroundings, he stood in a vast stone chamber. Eldon smelled and immediatly reached up and camo jacketed arm to clamp over his nose God, this place smells like death!

Eldon? No, I'm Jak! Jak looked around. A body was blown against the wall a few feet away from him. At his feet, a dark shape was layign on the floor, it was a rifle of some kind. Jak stumbled to the body and rolled it over, on the body's arm was an armband that had a smiley face on it, this man was a noob. Noob Killers! Jak felt the body.

Reaching down, Jak grasped the stock of the rifle and picked it up. It was revealed to be a Scoped M16. He took it by the sling and checked the load in the magazine, 15 rounds left. About the body, Jak found three full reloads for the weapon and a fragrentation grenade. On further inspection, Jak found a combat knife and a pair of vision intensifying goggles.

Jak stood I better find somewhere to figure this game out. Jak reloaded his M16, before standing and making his way down a dark passageway. He began to hear voices, people were around. Some were talking about the game, others were about to trade their weapons and still others were grouping into teams.

Deciding he would rather not risk a noob killer being among the crowds, Jak ran down a passage that was completely dark.

He wondered around the temple for about fifteen minutes, before he heard an abrupt crack. Jak dove to the side of the passageway and flattened himself against the opposing wall. Ahead of him, the passageway forked and he could ascend a set of stairs, or go on walking. Someone screamed and Jak decided to go investigate. Maybe he could wait for the combatants to end and then take a pot shot at the survivor.

The stairs ahead of him opened into another wide open chamber, much like th eone he had spawned out into. No sooner had he poked hsi head over the side, then a red haired man wearing a suit of medevil battle armor rushed past him, a look of wild terror in his eyes. Jack instantly readied the M16, looking behind th eman as he did so. Rushign headlong at Jak were five midgets, all held up medevil weapons, a bow, a spear, a sword, a sharpened stick and a wand. Jak almost said "LOL".

DeletedUser

Jake ran swiftly towards the tunnel and ducked into the small hole."Where's this war gone now?" Jake asked himself as he lay down quietly with his hand on his gun.Through his sleep he felt as if he was watched all the time.He woke up quickly and hit his head off the top of the hole.He crawled out of the hole and saw an army of one of the sides of the war coming at him.It looked like they wanted him too.Jake fired three times at them before sprinting off too a building that looked like a ruined temple.

DeletedUser13682

John nodded his head at the other person. "That I am. Got sucked right in, replaced my character. It was a guy named Rolf, looked totally different than me. Blond hair, green eyes, and then I come in and delete him. And I know this because I see my black hair and blue eyes. Oh well, its still fun, though I haven't gotten hurt yet." John reached out, and shook the other person's hand. "We have a deal. My name's John, John Rein. Yours?"

Deleted User - 819397

"James Damian." James replied. "So...any plans or ideas on how to get out of here? I honestly am not sure as to if it's even possible to escape...as much fun as this is, I'd like to get back...also, were can I get some kind of weapon? Running and hiding will only get me so far...and I'm not the best hider in the world." he laughed.

DeletedUser13682

John shrugged. "I don't know where you get a weapon from. I got mine when I started out. Came with the package I guess. But, I suppose I can try and get one for you." John stepped back a few feet, and poofed out of the area. When he returned a few mintues later, he was wearing what looked like a Stahlhelm, and bearing what looked like an AR-10. "Here, have this," John said, and tossed the AR-10, along with 3 magazines to James. "You better thank me for that, and don't go betraying me with that thing. Turns out this sword is pretty powerful."

DeletedUser

Name: tom fletcher
Beliefs about the A-E questions you have: he not sure what's going on and wants to find out.
Bio: he loves games and first discovered doom desire via an advert on the web, and a few days later he was sucked in, his character is armed with a sten gun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tom ran into the temple and crouched down behind a collapsed pillar. he looked around. he could see two people crouching behind cover over to his left. he stood up and ran towards them. "woah! don't shoot!" he said after he saw their weapons. he stopped running and crouched down beside them. "hi, my name's tom. did you guys get sucked into the game as well?" he asked.

Deleted User - 819397

"You know it" James replied with a scowl. "James is my name," he said, nodding. "John here and myself were talking about helping each other to get the heck out of here. You want to join up? The more the merrier!"

DeletedUser13682

"He's right. We were planning on getting out of here." John noticed Tom's weapon. "Hey, nice Sten. Heard you couldn't get that until that 11th level room that resembled a British WWII weapons plant. I haven't even gotten that far yet. Welcome to the team, that is, if you want to join."

DeletedUser

"yeah sure. i'll join the team. so," he paused and looked around. "any idea what we're gonna do next?"

Deleted User - 819397

James shrugged. "I've got nothing...I was just running and hiding, trying to stay alive until John found me...as a result I've learned next to nothing about anything that's going on...if anyone would know anything, it'd probably be John..." he looked expectantly at the subject of his line of reasoning.

DeletedUser13682

John shrugged. "I don't know much about anything really. All I know right now is that there are at least two factions in this game, and they've been fighting for a long time. A really long time. This temple was the site of a massacre of holy men in prayer early on in the war. Judging by the state its in now, that was over 200 years ago, at least. These guys have been fighting for at least that long. There's one more thing I learned." John rummaged around in a satchel, his inventory so to speak, and pulled out a piece of paper. "I've been finding things like this all around. Some of it paper, some of it audio or video, some of it pictures. Most of it is garbage, at least for now, but sometimes you find an informative scrap of info. This one here is a picture, printed on standard computer paper. I think it's of a soldier from one of the sides. It's barely clear at all, thanks to weathering, but I see a logo or coat of arms or something, and there's yellow in it. That's all I got." John handed the picture around, hoping somebody else would find something more in it.

DeletedUser

tom looked at the photo and squinted. "hey, what's that in the background? it looks like some kinda machine. doesn't look like anything i've seen before." he pointed to a large black mass in the background.

DeletedUser

The dwarf leading the stumpy legged charge held a sword up in the air and exclaimed "I claim the l00t!"

Jak grabbed the butt of his M16 and socketed it into his shoulder. He sighted in on the lead midget and then aimed for the head. The sword fell from the now dead dwarves grip, as blood and pinkish brain matter exploded out of the back of his head. The midget was picked up and tossed backwards by the force of the bullet and landed in a lifeless heap on the floor.

The other four little people kept charging, and then Jak saw it. A horde of midgets came into the chamber from an opposite gateway. They held less shocking weaponry, a long fireplace poker, a butter knife, a hand axe. Then Jak noticed a dwarf that was wearing chainmail twice as big as he was, the midget had to hop up and down to keep from falling over and over his head he waved a red women's high heeled shoe.

Jak knew he was outnumbered and a few extra clips for a assault rifle wasn't going to help him against a horde of very angry midgets. Turning, Jak followed the first fleeing man down the hall. All the while he ran, he could hear the dwarfen footfalls slowly fade away and then stop completely. The midgets must have caught the first fleeing man. Jak kept running.

A half an hour later, Jak was still running, only this time the dwarves were a mere ten yards behind him. And gaining.

Jak knew he didn't have a choice, he pulled the M16 off his back and aimed it one handed behind him. It chattered and almost drown out the screams of three dwarves, who fell to the ground and were trampled by the others. Jak continued firing as he ran.

Jak came into another chamber, behind a fallen pillar three men crouched and spoke in hushed tones. This chamber was different from the others, it had a large wooden door which hung open. Jak turned and slammed the door, before looking around. A group of dead men lay in a heap behind the door they had been dead long enough for all their flesh to be eaten away, showing nothing but yellow and aged bone. A few held axes, others spears and one man held a halbred.

"You three help me!" Jak cried, as he tore away a spear and jammed it through the door's deadbolt, bracing the door.