Veteran Shop Chest Statistics

jarograv

I don't know about you, but on my main world I hardly ever see outlaw items on the market. I can't be bothered to ask and ask in alliance chat and post on the forums, so I thought I'd grind out the items I want by playing adventures and getting VP to buy chests. It's been a while since I last played adventures and there are now a bunch more chests in the shop. So that lead me to the question of which chest I should buy to get the items I want. An hour or so later of procrastination I came to these conclusions.

First I went to tw-calc.net to get the probabilities of getting each item from each chest. I also recorded the regular price of each chest from the veteran shop.
321eef72dd.png

Next, I calculated the average cost. The average cost is based on the average number of chests you would need to open (1 / probability to receive the item) to receive the specified item. The last two rows "Outlaw" and "Any Item" refer to the chance to receive any outlaw item or any of the items listed above respectively.
a20c9dad63.png

So in conclusion:
  • If you are looking for Outlaw clothing, horse, or saddle buy Outlaw's chest.
  • If you are looking for a long range revolver or Outlaw's rifle buy Outlaw's gun chest.
  • Herb chest is best for Outlaw duel weapons, but it's debatable whether you better off buying Outlaw's gun chest since it offers a higher chance of actually receiving a set item or long-range revolver.
  • Don't buy loot chests from the veteran shop, they are a ripoff.

DeletedUser14087

Wouldn't it be better to use the current Bavarian set instead of putting yourself trough all the grind?

jarograv

Yep, about an hr after all this I decided it'd be way easier and better to do bavarian instead lol. Might go for the outlaw rifle still. I also still want full outlaws tho :p

DeletedUser14087

What about the new penn rifle which would do more damage in adventure, L2 outlaw rifle with 4 attribute each and 414 damage or unupgraded penn rifle with 6 attribute each and 330 dmage? Im not going to get l2 outlaw rifle anytime soon or i would have tested myself.

asdf124

What about the new penn rifle which would do more damage in adventure, L2 outlaw rifle with 4 attribute each and 414 damage or unupgraded penn rifle with 6 attribute each and 330 dmage? Im not going to get l2 outlaw rifle anytime soon or i would have tested myself.
William Pen is the same AP's as raven bow, so if upgraded to L1, definitely an upgrade(7 ap's) if you want a super upgrade. I'd say L3 will be giving 8 AP's of everything, so that would definitely get you powerful enough to even take the most powerful players but need to find 27 rifles for that.