Version 2.44 discussion

Slygoxx

changelog_2_44.png

We are currently planning on applying the patch to version 2.44 on Wednesday, October 12th. Please keep in mind and that the date, time and content of the patch are subject to change.

features.png

New special quest-line: "The Wright brothers" (this is NOT a repeatable quest-line)
Meet the Wright brothers, two American brothers and aviation pioneers who invented the first successful airplane!
This quest-line contains 12 quests and will be available from October 12th to November 30th (23:59) for all players who finished Showdown (Save the saloon, part 2)!
For finishing the final quest the achievement "If I could fly" which will grant you the title "Pioneer" is being awarded. Furthermore, a special item will be rewarded at the end of the quest-line.

New nuggets shop
Our payment window to buy nuggets has been reworked with a fresh new look and an improved interface.

newshopimage.png

Oktoberfest event items now auctionable
Robert Lee, Pancho Villa and Tuko-See-Mathla’s item sets are now auctionable.

bug.png

Quest requirement "Adventure won"
The finish requirement "Adventure won" was not working as intended and was counting even if the adventure was lost.

We hope you like the changes this update brings to the game. As always we are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards
Your The West Team

Feel free to discuss the latest update here!

DeletedUser38426

Ayy they're auctionable early this time. :D
The new window is definitely an improvement

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35533

Will the "The Wright brothers" questline be kept off the quest counter and be counter as heroic quest? like with the "Paladin" quest, it seems like future players will miss out on it.

DeletedUser36192

Ayy they're auctionable early this time. :D
The new window is definitely an improvement
Who dis 'crookest' guy trying to jump in on my username? haha

and as long as they don't 'improve' the prices on nugget again i'll be fine - they're showing that we can get 4750 nuggets in that window but they've long removed that from the .en server :(

asdf124

Who dis 'crookest' guy trying to jump in on my username? haha

and as long as they don't 'improve' the prices on nugget again i'll be fine - they're showing that we can get 4750 nuggets in that window but they've long removed that from the .en server :(
After last event, a 70% sale of nuggets was made which was the biggest and surprisingly unannounced sale in some worlds.
(6800 for last category)

Slygoxx

Will the "The Wright brothers" questline be kept off the quest counter and be counter as heroic quest? like with the "Paladin" quest, it seems like future players will miss out on it.
That will be unlikely.
Even though it isn't repeatable, that doesn't mean you can't do it next year if you missed out.

DeletedUser6752

So, you 'fixed' the 'Adventure must be won' bug? Too bad Adventures can't be fixed. Have fun with that requirement with the Wright Brothers quest.

asdf124

So, you 'fixed' the 'Adventure must be won' bug? Too bad Adventures can't be fixed. Have fun with that requirement with the Wright Brothers quest.
I play using phone without any lag unless slow internet and I haven't removed history(which refreshes cache)

Pretty sure the problem is related to either specific OS(Mac OS has known problems with adventure's functionality)or you just have a slow PC.

Edit: I am not sure why there are no resolution option to choose from. Having it in fort battles only is painful since I am pretty sure adventures should downgrade automatically depending on what PC you use.

Pretty good PC would have the current one, a lower end today PC would have a resolution of 720p. A lower than today's lower PC would be having it downgrade from 3D to 2D and so on.

If automatic downgrade isn't available, it should be allowed in settings.

DeletedUser35277

Ok, this quest has started in Beta and there is a big problem right off the bat.
SERVER TIMES. How many times have we asked Inno not to do that.??
06:00 to 11:00 server time for the first step. That's midnight to 5 am my time.
Really? I think not. I love quests, but please, please, please, don't use server times and make it impossible for half the people in the US to do it.

DeletedUser12669

Ok, this quest has started in Beta and there is a big problem right off the bat.
SERVER TIMES. How many times have we asked Inno not to do that.??
06:00 to 11:00 server time for the first step. That's midnight to 5 am my time.
Really? I think not. I love quests, but please, please, please, don't use server times and make it impossible for half the people in the US to do it.
yup im getting real sick of of quests being only available on a certain time or certain day it seems inno thinks we all have access to a computer or have time in a busy working day to log on via a smart phone i for one think its time this stopped

DeletedUser36192

Yeah i lived in a GMT+7 (Jakarta, Indonesia) and now GMT+10 (Melbourne, Australia) which means most occurances within the game are at pretty difficult times for myself (and have been for my entire experience). Unfortunately, i see both benefits and drawbacks for this.
+: it gives me something to look forward to, i might schedule myself so i can be awake for a later quest on the weekend (was more fun when i was younger but may be a negative for most now).
-: difficult to start quests and really just can be a nuisance considering time zones.
-: have to schedule my life around a quest in game to finish

DeletedUser6752

I play using phone without any lag unless slow internet and I haven't removed history(which refreshes cache)

Pretty sure the problem is related to either specific OS(Mac OS has known problems with adventure's functionality)or you just have a slow PC.

Edit: I am not sure why there are no resolution option to choose from. Having it in fort battles only is painful since I am pretty sure adventures should downgrade automatically depending on what PC you use.

Pretty good PC would have the current one, a lower end today PC would have a resolution of 720p. A lower than today's lower PC would be having it downgrade from 3D to 2D and so on.

If automatic downgrade isn't available, it should be allowed in settings.

That's not the kind of fix I was talking about - my PC is just fine.
I've seen you in enough of these kind of threads that I would think you'd know what I meant, but I have a tendency to either be too vague or too blunt.
I hate adventures. I mostly hate the kind of people you encounter while doing them. If I just have to COMPLETE 1 adventure for a quest, I can endure that. One and done - the rabid fanatics can tell me how badly I suck and I'll ignore it because after it's over, they can go look at themselves in the mirror all day long for all I care, and blog about how awesome they are to their hearts' content. I'll be gone.

But if I have to do adventure after adventure until I happen to be on a team that actually WINS one - forget it. I'm nobody particularly special, but my time is valuable to me and now that I'm at the point in this game where I set several jobs and then go do something else, having to be online actively playing this game, and enduring abuse from other players while doing it - I'm just not interested.
I've always been obsessed with completing quests - quests and achievements are the only 2 things keeping me around right now. But this new habit of requiring adventures has just about cured me of that.

* Still wondering when the Bear Hunt adventure will be available.

AND for the record - I live in the US as well, and while I understand that an EN server includes, or is intended to include, people from the UK, Oceania, South Africa and basically anybody whose primary language is English - it's pretty much the only server that people from the US ever use, so these time requirements that are convenient for the devs in Germany are ridiculously out-of-sync with the body clocks of everybody in the US.
I don't know what percentage of the user population that comes to, but really - midnight to 5am on a weekday? How misanthropic can you get?

DeletedUser6752

Speaking of my quest obsession ... I log in this morning to find that this Wright Brothers quest is another money grab quest. I have 2 days to decide whether or not I want to spend $50 US on two items that would probably never get selected as best gear for any job? It took me less than 2 seconds to make up my mind, and then I got a bit nostalgic.
I was reminded of one of the very first things my top kick ever told me - 'never kiss a ***** on the mouth.' But now, it seems, they don't even roll over to watch you leave after they take your money.

Protasov

SI log in this morning to find that this Wright Brothers quest is another money grab quest. I have 2 days to decide whether or not I want to spend $50 US on two items that would probably never get selected as best gear for any job?

What do you mean by this? I'm almost done with the entire line, and don't see what makes this a money grab....genuinely curious as to what you refer to when you say this.

DeletedUser33353

What do you mean by this? I'm almost done with the entire line, and don't see what makes this a money grab....genuinely curious as to what you refer to when you say this.
The quest gives the freebie document......but, for two days all of the set was available in the market for 800 nuggies per.(yeah, I know the document was for 400). I believe that is what he was referring to.

DeletedUser26820

I was reminded of one of the very first things my top kick ever told me - 'never kiss a ***** on the mouth.' But now, it seems, they don't even roll over to watch you leave after they take your money.

I'm quite curious by this....
The last ***** I had tied my shoelaces for me.
Where you getting your *****s from, Dissapoint?
Might be time to find a different street corner....

DeletedUser6752

The online version of Inception rolls on - now you need to win items from the DotD tombola in order to do the DotD quest. I attempted the tried-and-true method of throwing money at it, but I ran out after the first handful, and the quarters put some nasty dents in my monitor. And still no mezcal or candles.