Various Suggestions

DeletedUser

Firstly I apologise if these have already been suggested before, there's 13+ pages of suggestions here and a search only work if you know what you're looking for, there's also no sticky stating what has and has not been suggested or what is definately NOT happening (some games do this).

So here's my suggestions:

1. Jobs

I was thinking that as certain jobs are worked there would be some sort of counter that would increase, when this hits a specified target then the job would upgrade e.g. laying railway tracks would become a railroad between 2 pre-set towns (or if not bought, town sites), or Cattle branding would become a cattle ranch.

Upgraded jobs would offer new possibilities (a ranch would either continue branding or allow cattle rustling, although I think this a is another job anyway)

The counter for this would be set quite high, so it would take a lot of players a long time to upgrade a job.

2. Railways and stations

I have noticed that railways were suggested as a means of crossing the map quickly, but the effect of horses negates this benefit, I was thinking that railways would be used for trade, not travel.

Once the railway has been built the 2 connected towns would have the option to build a station, when the station is built they can select a unique trade good and both towns would be able to generate these goods for extra income, however this would be another job that town members would have to work and the income would go directly into the town's bank rather than the player's bank and if no members worked then no income would be generated.

The station could be upgrade to increase trade good production and the route would only work if both towns had built their stations.

3. Town upgrades...or status depending on how you look at it.

I've seen suggestiong for different types of town, but I was thinking more of milestones for town upgrades, e.g. when a town is first founded, it is known as a hamlet, once all level 1 buildings have been constructed and residence level 3 has been reached an upgrade option will appear in the construction menu, this would allow town member to upgrade the hamlet to a village.

the next milestone (as members improve the building levels) would unlock the Town upgrade and then finally the city upgrade.

Cities should be perhaps for when all buildings have been maxed out, so obviously it will be a long time before any cities would appear on any world's map.

The effect of these milestones may be bonuses to members stats or more trade goods (as per my previous station suggestion), or perhaps just a "Hey look at what we've done!" sort of thing (I don't want to negate the advantage of premiums)

DeletedUser

Most of the have been brought up before, nothing realy new in here.