Valentines day event 2015

DeletedUser

If it was intentional I can't see the logic behind it as it's pissed me off as I'm sure it has other players. Bonds in compensation aren't very interesting when skill points were at stake. My reaction is that I won't be spending any more gold nuggets and I'll simply be amassing them gradually via the weekly freebies until I have the 3 skill points that were denied me through misinformation in all three worlds.

DeletedUser35533

it got fixed. people that glitched get their 3 points and people that did not get glitched get 6. from the technical point I see why it is that way but from the logical side that is just bizarre

DeletedUser

Why is the Lakota Blanket (prize from the special valentines quest of 2015) auctionable?
So people can get it and sell it to people that doesn´t bother making the quest?

Then why making the quest?

DeletedUser35101

And what about LOVE IS IN THE AIR questline?!

Was that also one time thing.. and only for last year?

delldell56

nope, lucks. that quest was unlocked and introduced last year as part of the valentine's event, but is now not linked to a seasonal thing anymore (i guess because of the reward it gives). if you started after the event was over, recently or next year, you will find it as a regular quest that's unlocked by level, i think. one time thing, but part of the regular questlines.

*edit*: oh wait, love is in the air was a one time only quest, like paladin or any of the other april fool's quests. i was thinking of gone with the valentine's day, which was the quest unlocked last year with community hearts and is now a regular quest.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

On both quests only the first quest has a timer. After you accept and complete the first quest, the entire quest is available to be done anytime.

spankysmagicpiano

I'm confused.

The special world questline - I accepted it and (possibly mistakenly) click complete and I got a Christmas Spirit completion box on the page.

Is this a bug / intended / have I messed up?

DeletedUser34295

I'm confused.

The special world questline - I accepted it and (possibly mistakenly) click complete and I got a Christmas Spirit completion box on the page.

Is this a bug / intended / have I messed up?

You probably triggered the Christmas Spirit achievement to unlock since it was bugged about a month earlier when it was released. Shouldn't be any problem or cause any difficulties with the continuation of the Valentine's questline :)

-

As for the Love Is In the Air questline, it has been available all year as far as I'm aware - not sure what the problem is with it right now? Also, anyone who wants to duel me with bouquets on Colorado? :)

EDIT: I got confused with the quest, nevermind what I said! I'm also missing the quest from the sheriff!

Question though: What happens if there's a duel between one person with bouquet and one person with weapon? Is the bouquet removed and neither gets a skill point? Does the person with the bouquet lose the bouquet and get the skill point? Or how does that work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 3853873

LOVE IN THE AIR AND THAT VALENTINES QUESTLINE THAT WAS HERE last YEAR ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.WITH LOVE IN THE AIR WE ARE SUPPOSE TO GET A QUEST STARTING WITH SHERIIF TO GET HEARTS FOR SENDING HEARTS TO FRIENDS.my world has the new questline but never has goten the sheriif quest for love in the air.

DeletedUser

Nope. Look at the dates. The quest you are referring to was last year. It is not being done this year. If you didn't complete it last year, it is now lost to you. (As it is to me, since I restarted my character.)

DeletedUser35101

I DID expect to see LOVE IN THE AIR quest to see as repeatable this year, with event also here again..

One sends hearts to friends (as tasks) and receives hearts as reward.. that one can only be done while Valentine's event is open.. but it seems to be one yr thing only :(

DeletedUser

Those quests cannot be repeatable. They where made has a learning point (thought the sending of hearts and receiving hearts should be a once available quest for any account, make it and you will never see it again... but you should make it once in any event).
On the Event quests (the ones that are triggered by community rewards) the first quest has a timer that will expire when the event finishs. So if you are in the game when the event is occuring, YOU NEED TO ACCEPT AND COMPLETE THAT QUEST. Then you can do the continuation any time you want. But the first one is ONLY available after been unlocked and the end of the event. If you didn´t accepted and completed that quest, you will never see it again.

DeletedUser34295

Those quests cannot be repeatable. They where made has a learning point (thought the sending of hearts and receiving hearts should be a once available quest for any account, make it and you will never see it again... but you should make it once in any event).
On the Event quests (the ones that are triggered by community rewards) the first quest has a timer that will expire when the event finishs. So if you are in the game when the event is occuring, YOU NEED TO ACCEPT AND COMPLETE THAT QUEST. Then you can do the continuation any time you want. But the first one is ONLY available after been unlocked and the end of the event. If you didn´t accepted and completed that quest, you will never see it again.

That last part is false. I started my character in Colorade at the beginning of this year, and I was able to start the valentine's quest that was rewarded from last year's event even though I wasn't there to accept and finish the first quest within any given time! I also have the quest from last year's dia de muertos event on that character too, again same story - I wasn't even there then.

Actully, as far as I'm aware, as soon as a world has unlocked any of the event quests, it will be permanently unlocked for that world. All characters at level 10 or higher, can start them at any point after that.

DeletedUser

I also have the quest from last year's dia de muertos
I have been asked to ask about this. A friend of mine has accepted the first part of the Day Of The Dead quest-line, but he cannot complete it as it has disappeared from Henry's list of available quests.
I cannot comment as I have already completed the entire thing, but I have looked on TWDB and there is no finish date for it.
Does anyone know if the quest HAS finished or has it been disrupted by the Valentine's Day Event?

DeletedUser37031

There seems to be a problem with the new achievement we get as a world reward. In Briscoe (World 14) while the amount of hearts reached the amount needed, I didn't get any achievement. I did get a report telling that as a world reward we got an achievement but never got the achievement.
A friend who started playing a couple months ago, got the achievement for the last year's event and not the new one, so don't know if that is the problem for all or only for him.

DeletedUser35533

yeah its glitched. the achievement is called "the color of love" you can see it in the events list. I did not even get a report (arizona)

DeletedUser

That last part is false. I started my character in Colorade at the beginning of this year, and I was able to start the valentine's quest that was rewarded from last year's event even though I wasn't there to accept and finish the first quest within any given time! I also have the quest from last year's dia de muertos event on that character too, again same story - I wasn't even there then.

Actully, as far as I'm aware, as soon as a world has unlocked any of the event quests, it will be permanently unlocked for that world. All characters at level 10 or higher, can start them at any point after that.

valentines_event.jpg

So you are claiming that this information is on the game just for the players to ignore... since you say that it´s false.

Ps- There where some changes on the older event adventures on some updates. Probably you could do those because of those changes. This one, at least for now, is only active until the final day of the event and it will not be possible to accept and complete after that.

Ps2- Big John1970 ask him to check the time piece on the upper right corner of the Waupee window. It should show a timer like the one on the print above.

Last edited by a moderator: