Valentine's Day Contest - Discussion

kuro90

Howdy cowboys and cowgirls,

Here you can ask questions and share your feedback about our Valentine's Day Contest!

Please don't share here contest entries and answers, it will lead to disqualification.

Your The West Team

Victor Kruger

So its conditional on signing up to the forum then every day for 3 days, being tech jargon savvy enough and understanding rules just to enter a lottery for a paltry few bonds that wont even buy half a set ? :blink:

Seriously ? Ive had 5 players already ask me what generating code even is etc ... all have said they cant be bothered with it and no its not clear, just confusing or they wouldn't have asked.

IMO you are excluding or confusing a sizeable proportion of the players, not a good thing to do

Winter event with half a set, wasting lots of time for 20 pairs of pants etc already irritated enough now a lottery with obligatory conditions for a lottery win of virtually nothing. Yea good luck with that

Whoever is coming up with this years ideas is on the wrong tracks entirely so far.

Pankreas PorFavor

While I agree with Victor that the prizes are not attractive, I have to disagree with the "understanding rules" part.
People are complaining? Are those the same people that ask "what do I do next?" when the quest text says "there's more in the ghost town"?
I mean, come on...
"When you are ready click on the "Generate code!" button" - click a button. Tech jargon indeed!
Capture1.PNG
"then the game will generate you a BB-Code which can be easily copied with another button which appears just after." - what, another button appears and I have to click it? OMG, please explain how this is done, I have to click two buttons?!?
Capture2.PNG
"After you generated the code, in order to send your contest entry just click on "Join the contest!" button" - a THIRD button?!?!? Do you really mean I have to click three buttons, one after the other, from left to right? IMPOSSIBLE!
Capture3.PNG

"You can past the copied text with CTRL+V keyboard combination or Right-click where you want the text to appear and select Paste." - And now they explain how paste works... dammit, I should get some kind of a degree or a certificate after completing such a technical task! I should get a reward just for understanding that "You can past" is actually a typo and they mean "You can paste".
Capture4.PNG

The instructions are, simple, clear and understandable. If someone doesn't understand, they don't deserve to participate, and they don't deserve any reward if they're so lazy that they can't be bothered to read 5 bullets that explain what should be done. It's the same people who don't bother reading the quest instructions, but they want the quest rewards.
Blame Inno for their laziness, mistakes and money grabbing scams, but unless you are dyslexic or don't understand English you should not be confused with this and there's nothing that they did wrong in this case (except the reward pool which is almost laughable).

Last edited:

Dusty Cloak

So its conditional on signing up to the forum then every day for 3 days, being tech jargon savvy enough and understanding rules just to enter a lottery for a paltry few bonds that wont even buy half a set ? :blink:

Seriously ? Ive had 5 players already ask me what generating code even is etc ... all have said they cant be bothered with it and no its not clear, just confusing or they wouldn't have asked.

IMO you are excluding or confusing a sizeable proportion of the players, not a good thing to do

Winter event with half a set, wasting lots of time for 20 pairs of pants etc already irritated enough now a lottery with obligatory conditions for a lottery win of virtually nothing. Yea good luck with that

Whoever is coming up with this years ideas is on the wrong tracks entirely so far.

As a moderately computer literate person I had no problem with that part of the competition .. however figuring out how to post in the forum was another matter. I can imagine that will eliminate a bunch more.

GoodBuddie

Valentine day games prizes are just little bonus before event starts. I agree with Pankreas PorFavor the game and rules are very easy to understand. If you look last 10 years valentine sets are for speed or worker this didnt changed It has been like that for years . As for new valentine sets go i hear players dont like them and i dont agree any new set that is intoduced that does not kill any already existing sets is automatically considered thrash by some. It is for new players on new servers, if you have better already then good for you. Don't expect a better set each event or you will break the game quicker. When a new set is introduced it shouldnt be more than 5-10% better than the last one, if even that. BTW we really need viable fort set with HP bonus for attacking to have more balance fort fights like J.Cortina set but for attack.

SB.access

• In the case of Choose 2 items from Valentine events 2014-2020 rewards you can choose whatever 2 items from sets that were receivable from Valentine Events during 2014 and 2020. You may even choose 2 from the same item.
If we happen to win this prize, can we claim 1 for 1 world and the other 1 for another world?
In case I want to pick 2 of the same set, I'd like them to be shared to my other worlds.
Please say we can :lol:

SB.access

WTH?!
1. Log into the forum.
2. Click the big green "Join the contest!" button
3. "List the dancing couples" - what do you think this means? Their names? Or maybe shoe size? ;)

i know the context, but the forum has table feature, does messy or aligned matter? is it up to the participant? i don't want to think "if it's not stated how then can be however you put it".
This is my first time joining event in forum like this. don't wanna make unnecessary mistake.

Pankreas PorFavor

i know the context, but the forum has table feature, does messy or aligned matter? is it up to the participant? i don't want to think "if it's not stated how then can be however you put it".
This is my first time joining event in forum like this. don't wanna make unnecessary mistake.

you are over-complicating it. if the conditions are "Tom can't dance with Mary, Peter can't dance with people who arrived with him, etc." then the solution shouldn't be Ax-By, etc. They used names to describe the problem, you should use names to describe the solution.

GoodBuddie

I don't even understand what a meme actually is, let alone how to make one

A meme is something such as a video, picture, or phrase that a lot of people send to each other on the Internet.
The quickest way to make a meme is to use a meme generator. As the name suggests, this is a website built for churning out cackle-worthy images you can save and share. The best meme generator: Imgflip, Kapwing, and ILoveIMG

Some meme from my town:
4y5162.jpg

download6666.png