v2 job times adjustments

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1278415

Proposal
Many players seem to be upset by the job times not all being equal. To fix this the devs should allow for choice 2mins, 5mins, 10 mins, 30 mins 1 hour

Current Workaround
Players are locked into each job at varying time settings without anyway of changing it.

Details
Players seem to like the ability to set job times for 5 mins or up to 1 hour. Some players like to attend fort battles and do 5 min jobs prior to the fort battle start. Some players set the jobs to work around their daily schedules at work or school.

Visual Aid

5z47qs.png

playing this game and I couldnt quite remember the times that use to be available to us. Hope the above is correct. And as Doc Brown says I apologize for my font size and clarity for it might be off scale and etc.

Summary
While this isn't a big deal to some, several players have brought it to light that if this option were changed it would make dealing with the West 2.01 easier to work with on a daily basis.

DeletedUser

Like many (if not all) players I don't really like west v2. But, I will get used to all new things in game in some time, EXCEPT NEW JOB SYSTEM!!!

I'm totally for returning of old job system where you could choose time from 5, 15, 30 and 60 minutes. Just today I was gonna do my usual daily quests in saloon for daily tasks and then I saw I need to work 30 minutes of collecting eagle feathers and 1h30m for transport prisoners!!!

No way in hell I'm gonna spend 2 hours to get 2 bonds lol

+1 for returning old job system

DeletedUser30224

With extra modifications I agree to this.

I would propose changing everything to 15 min intervals as it was before, where you can pick 15 min, 30 min, 45 min and 1h ... each 15 min you have a chance to get a product.

Otherwise ... it's a complete mess, HIGH LP jobs with small drop rate where the standard time unit is 2min, if you queue a full h = 30 chances to get a product. Sure, you'll consume all your energy that way but also it kind of nerfs the whole thing, you can sleep and sleep and sleep and every h do a jopb, sell your products and become millionaire?

That is why I opt for using the same old system of 15 min jobs as a standard unit.

DeletedUser34464

absolutely 100% YES!

even if you're willing to work a 1min jobs, the motivation dropping at the same rate as if you worked an hour makes it unrealistic. Doing one of the beginning quest, my motivation was at 45% just completing quest.

Who in their right mind is going to be, say, a 0 mot pig farmer??

DeletedUser30417

Fixing the jobsystem would make 2.0 much more enjoyable. Many high end jobs have been greatly devaluated in the new version.

For example when running Higher Income premium I used to get 3 Coal on average from 1 hour "Dig from rare gemstones" while now I get less than 1 Coal on average from 2 hours doing the same job. Basically this means I get 84% less Coal each hour of working that job. Many other long duration jobs that used to drop several produts each hour in the old version have been devaluated in a similar way.

And to add insult to injury now I need way much more Coal for my low lvl Blacksmith crafting.

DeletedUser30224

Fixing the jobsystem would make 2.0 much more enjoyable. Many high end jobs have been greatly devaluated in the new version.

For example when running Higher Income premium I used to get 3 Coal on average from 1 hour "Dig from rare gemstones" while now I get less than 1 Coal on average from 2 hours doing the same job. Basically this means I get 84% less Coal each hour of working that job. Many other long duration jobs that used to drop several produts each hour in the old version have been devaluated in a similar way.

And to add insult to injury now I need way much more Coal for my low lvl Blacksmith crafting.

Totaly agree, some quests require an insane amount of high LP job products ... crafting too, what are we to do, wait 10 months till we gather the damned products ? I's silly and unwanted!

DeletedUser23201

what are we to do, wait 10 months till we gather the damned products ?

you buy them with nuggets which in my opinion is the main reason behind most of the changes in 2.No

it may be a "free to play" game but lately seems like a "pay to progress" game.

the current job system is horrendous, whoever though it up clearly never played this game.

Afterall the negative feedback about the job times on beta that was ignored i cant really see this thread making any difference to the money hungry devs but its still getting a massive YES from me.

DeletedUser34464

A field cook? Mine was a zero mot pig farmer and cowboy, among other things.

I said "who in they're right mind" :p

I guess a better way to say that- what newbie is gonna stick around when "I work & work & work but I don't seem to get anywhere"?

DeletedUser30224

Back to the track guys and girls :)

Bring back the old job system? :)

DeletedUser

By Good Feather;

"Details

Players seem to like the ability to set job times for 5 mins or up to 1 hour. Some players like to attend fort battles and do 5 min jobs prior to the fort battle start. Some players set the jobs to work around their daily schedules at work or school."

+1 for selectable job times....

Deleted User - 1278415

I guess the only thing to nail down now is what was the old times of the old system?

or do we suggest that we have the option of doing 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, up to 2 hours and etc as all of the odd and various times that are available right now with v2.01?

DeletedUser33353

Boo on the new times, bring back the old ones. It worked well for years imo.

DeletedUser

I really don't think this is going to happen and you'll have a much better chance suggesting a compromise than you will just suggesting losing variable fixed times and going back entirely to 5/15/30/60 minute jobs with up to 4 products in a job.

DeletedUser34464

The new job system wouldn't bother me so much if 3 things changed:

1) instead of queueing 4 jobs, queued 4 job hours, whatever combo you wanted

2) motivation drop more consistent. drop rate for a 15sec job shouldn't be same a 1 hour job. Base the motivation drop rate on an per hour basis, not per job

3) base drop rates consistently. did a 26% drop rate job 13x, 2.17 hrs, got 3 items
did 75% job 2x 3hrs, got 2 items. I know it's all about % and sample size, but only in inno math does working a lower drop rated job for less time = more results. Again, base on a consistent unit, like the previous 15min model.

DeletedUser

The new job system wouldn't bother me so much if 3 things changed:

1) instead of queueing 4 jobs, queued 4 job hours, whatever combo you wanted

Maybe a separate start button, one for one default duration and one with a prompt for x jobs? I love it, but I think we would go from making it too hard to grind some products to way too easy.

2) motivation drop more consistent. drop rate for a 15sec job shouldn't be same a 1 hour job. Base the motivation drop rate on an per hour basis, not per job

I like this as well, but I think in combination with #1 it would make grave robber overpowered.

One problem that needs to be addressed is Inno's statement that you can play two different ways, either actively doing short jobs or doing long jobs and logging off. The problem is that quests and crafting don't let you choose. For example, if you're a tonic peddler you're going to need glasses of water, which means 90 mins of laying RR tracks and hopefully getting one water. If they really want us to have a choice of playing styles, there would be two jobs for every crafting and quest product. There would be an equal number of long and short jobs in the saloon dailies on a given day.

You can't implement this suggestion without changing other things as well, like product requirements for quests. It would also mean completely changing the quest system again. Those are just two things off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are many more. I don't think variable job durations would be compatible with 2.0 at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.