v2 job times adjustments

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34464

Maybe a separate start button, one for one default duration and one with a prompt for x jobs? I love it, but I think we would go from making it too hard to grind some products to way too easy.

I like this too- maybe something like you could queue 4 unique jobs, each job you have option of queue 1-10 times. It would make the super-short jobs less onerous, and the longer jobs the XP req. would prevent queueing the max ....unless you go premium, which is in the end the goal.

I like this as well, but I think in combination with #1 it would make grave robber overpowered.

Realized when went to jobs today original idea may throw it out of whack other direction
Maybe easier & simpler solution is just tie motivation to the individual job site. That way, if you want to grave rob everyday, you can you just have to travel a different job grouping. The "bonus" rings are already tied an individual job at unique site, that is, if one teaching job has a gold ring, not every teaching job has a gold ring; so isolating the mot to job should be possible.
One problem that needs to be addressed is Inno's statement that you can play two different ways, either actively doing short jobs or doing long jobs and logging off. The problem is that quests and crafting don't let you choose. For example, if you're a tonic peddler you're going to need glasses of water, which means 90 mins of laying RR tracks and hopefully getting one water. If they really want us to have a choice of playing styles, there would be two jobs for every crafting and quest product. There would be an equal number of long and short jobs in the saloon dailies on a given day.

You can't implement this suggestion without changing other things as well, like product requirements for quests. It would also mean completely changing the quest system again. Those are just two things off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are many more. I don't think variable job durations would be compatible with 2.0 at all.

And Yes.
Water really is the big offender in this (that I've come across). Maybe simple solution in it's case is to go to a 120% or 150% drop rate, putting it at least in line with something like jugs, which even tho it has a stated drop rate almost 50 points lower ends up with a higher effective hourly drop rate, and I'm not sure that's what was intended when you look at how water fits into quests/crafting.

EDIT: exploring more, your 2 job idea has merit- and it actually already exists for at least 1 product, wood. Can either do felling trees at 2min @26%, or clearing forest at30min @100%. There really aren't that many job that really need to have double choices if the daily quests are tweaked. To continue the water example, bump the 1h30m to 100%, add job like "prepare railbed" at 2min@ 28%.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Totally agree with bringing back the old work times or at least a selectable work time to make the game playable again so I can come out of vacation mode.

DeletedUser8627

Unfortunately this will not happen.

The 2.0 came out with predefined times, suggesting a roll back on a feature to a previous version won't be passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.