v1.19 update !

DeletedUser

i don't know if we have to laugh or to cry reading these lines :laugh:
spread some love to fellow players? this one is a gem! (no offense Gem! :) :) )

Haha I know I said it in jest but really that is a solution, I know how ya'll feeling right now, like the sun will never rise again.... I know I know, but I promise we can make this work with a bit of effort and a few telegrams:bandit:

DeletedUser

I don't feel it's fair that our towns that already have say level 5 general store is out of luck for the new bandana. Come on .. if the stores have already past the level for a new item then it's only fair that it be added to their stores automatically.
I have built a level 5 General Store too. Why should I expect an Item to turn up in it automatically when there was only a chance of having got it in the first place. I just don't see what the problem is?
I think that sets make a bigger change to what's desirable in shops than the new items do. Unfortunately, we didn't have many desirable items before the update, and we don't have many parts of sets either. Since I seldom buy anything anyway, it's not a big deal that I may have to depend on finding items to get them rather than buying them in our shops - I've been doing that for 8 months already.

The changes may not be great for every existing town, but I do think they'll be great in the long run for the game. I believe that should be more important.
Excellent peolpe are starting to agree with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Most good towns have about 4 secondary towns, whats wrong with each having a 5th or 6th?

I want a the Dancers set now! & some moccasins & a sombrero :)

Anyway, that blasted moving icon is super annoying!

DeletedUser

Most good towns have about 4 secondary towns, whats wrong with each having a 5th or 6th?

Anyway, that blasted moving icon is super annoying!

I agree. I think there should be some mechanism for getting new items in old stores, but the maxed towns are probably better equipped for building new shop towns, with organization and personnel, although many older builders have already respecced, than newer small towns are for building their own town.

And yes, I'm not a fan of the new activity images myself. They look good, but the get annoying fast.

DeletedUser

1. i'm not talking about anything except the problem i mentioned.
2. i'm not whining. On the forum, each time someone starts to run out of logical arguments, it begins using the term "whining" about the guys who don't agree with him. I suggest you try to avoid such words and remain at logical arguments.

Therefore, i am sure there are good things about the update, but that doesn't eliminate the fact that there are huge bad things about it. And i and others mentioned one of those bad things.
Simply put, why would only new shops benefit of the chance to get new items and not ALL the shops. Maybe some old towns will have new items, maybe some won't. But the point is why to create disadvantages for players that played for a long time, who contributed with ideas on the forums, who helped finding bugs and who in fact tested the game from the time it was beta. Why will this update forgets the old members and just try 2 attract new guys?
You talk about "something new to work on" and "a new element to the game". Well, shooting old towns and players in the leg is not new and not exciting at all.
Appologies for the whining comment it was off the cuff and unneccerssary.
I still can't see how this is "shooting old towns and players in the leg they are established and already have stock lists how is new items in new shops not a new element, a new problem to figure a way around?

DeletedUser

A majority of praise/indifference toward the changes seem to be coming from newer players. I'm hearing a lot of "If our town was maxed" and "our tailor is at 5," etc.

I am officially pummeling a dead horse, but...

Newer players, you simply cannot understand because you haven't been playing long enough! :|

DeletedUser

I have built a level 5 General Store too. Why should I expect an Item to turn up in it automatically when there was only a chance of having got it in the first place. I just don't see what the problem is?

the difference is simple. One is to be a chance of having the item, and another is to not have any kind of chance.
Nobody talked about all old towns having new items, it was only discussed that they should have THE SAME chance as the new towns. So to speak, roll the dices for old towns and all shop levels in the same way they roll the dice when a town builds up a new level. Fair and square. Owners of old stores would eventually be surprised to have some new item there. Not all, but some. So, once again, the difference is that old towns should have a chance to have the new items, in the same way new towns will have.

DeletedUser

Why not just implement a demolishing feature for towns? It would be cool if you didn't get the items you wanted in your shop, instead of building a whole new town you could demolish a level of your building and rebuild it in hopes of getting better stuff. It wouldnt be unfair since it takes just as much money and time as making a new town, and it would let you restart and get some new items.

DeletedUser

A majority of praise/indifference toward the changes seem to be coming from newer players. I'm hearing a lot of "If our town was maxed" and "our tailor is at 5," etc.

I am officially pummeling a dead horse, but...

Newer players, you simply cannot understand because you haven't been playing long enough! :|

touche! yes, new guys just don't know what happened so they don't understand why some of us talk about "shooting players in the leg again" :laugh:

DeletedUser

Why not just implement a demolishing feature for towns? It would be cool if you didn't get the items you wanted in your shop, instead of building a whole new town you could demolish a level of your building and rebuild it in hopes of getting better stuff. It wouldnt be unfair since it takes just as much money and time as making a new town, and it would let you restart and get some new items.

that idea is nice, somewhat like the re-spec option for each character. still i am not sure if it will be good to implement, as a town would simply rebuild it's lvl 10 tailor to get all items in the game. pretty removing the idea of random advantages to towns that random items in the stores give

DeletedUser

It's a shame that people don't understand the math behind how many towns it will take on average to acquire all of the new items... ignorance is bliss.

Give it a month or two to sink ... you'll see ...

DeletedUser

Yeah, once per store level seems fair, but even if you allowed more it wouldn't really upset balance. It would get rid of all the items you already have and replace them with a new randomly generated set, so unless someone spend thousands of dollars to keep doing it over and over to get the best possible set of items, it wouldn't be any more advantageous that building lots of new towns to do the same thing, except that it would cut down on clogging up the world map with useless towns with no purpose other than farming items. Besides, it would be cheaper and easier by a long shot to just find a town to trade with for rare high level items than to keep rebuilding the same level of shop over and over, the only benefit from demolishing would be a chance at the new items.

DeletedUser

It's a shame that people don't understand the math behind how many towns it will take on average to acquire all of the new items... ignorance is bliss.

Give it a month or two to sink ... you'll see ...

Whistling, you know it. We're going to have to work really hard just to (maybe) have a chance at getting a few new items we may or may not ever use. For me, it's the principle of it all; but in any case, most players don't realize why this situation sucks yet. :|

DeletedUser

yellow, you get one thumbs up from me for this thread and the other on this matter.

When you look at your local shops in real life would you imagine that the owner would have to build another shop just cause there is for exemple a new brand of cereals ?

Now look at what happened with this update it's quite the same.

DeletedUser

I know the situation with town shops sucks guys and as soon as I realised this was deliberate I conveyed very strongly to the developers why it sucks. They agree it isn't the right thing to do and said they'd try and figure something out.

Lets just wait and see what happens!

DeletedUser

I know the situation with town shops sucks guys and as soon as I realised this was deliberate I conveyed very strongly to the developers why it sucks. They agree it isn't the right thing to do and said they'd try and figure something out.

then thumbs up for you too!

DeletedUser

Thanks, Morthy. I think many of us assumed that our words would fall on deaf ears, so it's good to know there are people going to bat for us.

DeletedUser928

Thanks, Morthy. I think many of us assumed that our words would fall on deaf ears, so it's good to know there are people going to bat for us.

That is what I want to Hear...

If they come up with a better way then I change my feeling about the patch to 7 or 8 ;)

DeletedUser

It's amazing what a difference a little message saying "We're listening to you" can make.

P.S. Morthy, I'll pm the items I want in my town. Tomorrow is fine. No rush.