v1.19 update !

DeletedUser

The Yellow Dart said:
The way I expected it to happen would be:

Each shop (adhering to current level) would have a % chance of simply getting each new item (in addition to current items). This would mean that existing shops could, indeed, have more items "than they should." But is there anything fundamentally wrong with that?

I too expected it to happen this way and I see no problem with adding items to existing towns if they have the appropriate store level. Of course, newly built towns would have to be modified as well so when they reach that building level they'd get the same amount of items.

The Yellow Dart said:
As it stands now, the update has set a precedent -- that legacy towns are obsolete, and will only become more so as future updates are released.

I don't think obsolete is the correct term but you're correct as the new update is favored toward new players/towns.

The Yellow Dart said:
So, obstinate "fairness" doesn't exactly cut it for me in this case. Why should a new player/town's progress offer more interesting possibilities than mine does/did, simply because I joined early and stuck with it? I would be interested to know if any other legacy players feel this way, too.

New players shouldn't have more possibilites, but at the same time legacy players shouldn't either. Why hasn't anyone suggested the obvious solution; just add more building levels to the tailor?
The new items don't start until level 6 so why don't they add half of the new items at level 7 (pushing the existing level 7 items to level 8) then add the rest of the new items a level or two later. In the end, the tailor would be changed to 12 levels instead of 10.
Or instead of inserting the levels (which could create issues of existing items disapearing and then reappearing differently) just add them at the end.

~Z~

DeletedUser5597

Does someone has a idea about the walking stick? Haven't found it yet on weststats :sad:

DeletedUser

zehava said:
The new items don't start until level 6 so why don't they add half of the new items at level 7 (pushing the existing level 7 items to level 8) then add the rest of the new items a level or two later. In the end, the tailor would be changed to 12 levels instead of 10.
Or instead of inserting the levels (which could create issues of existing items disapearing and then reappearing differently) just add them at the end.

Not a terrible idea. I am sure they will figure out a solution to this issue. Either that or they really want to see all the available town spaces used up:p...even if the resulting town's only have 1 player in them:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My responses are...

I too expected it to happen this way and I see no problem with adding items to existing towns if they have the appropriate store level. Of course, newly built towns would have to be modified as well so when they reach that building level they'd get the same amount of items.
Call me crass, but newly built towns don't need to be modified. Legacy towns are full of active, loyal players (many of whom have premium accounts). I argue that giving such towns a shot at having 2-3 extra items in their inventory is more than fair -- it's a reward; and rewards help the developers, as they improve player retention, and they ease fears regarding future updates. We need to know this isn't a pattern. If it is, I'm done building towns. The update's killed it for me.

I don't think obsolete is the correct term but you're correct as the new update is favored toward new players/towns.
Obsolete is 100% correct... my town bears fewer possibilities than newer towns do. With future updates, it stands to reason that this will only occur again, and again...

New players shouldn't have more possibilites, but at the same time legacy players shouldn't either.
Legacy players wouldn't have "more possibilities." Simply having 2-3 extra items in their shops isn't going to off-set the game. It merely balances the update. In the next update, the same thing would happen to towns that are new now, and so on. My response is, "if you want extra items in your inventory, start a town and be patient like the rest of us were!!"

Why hasn't anyone suggested the obvious solution; just add more building levels to the tailor?
New shop levels are a possible solution, but the devs won't want to do that for every update. My solution prepares the game for all future item updates. Period. It's an A-Z solution, with no actual loose-ends.

~Z~

DeletedUser

yupe..they are on w6...but its better they donot update unless they find a really gud solution to the existing problem....

DeletedUser

*Gasps!*..
I just saw west-stats,..And read this-

Piece of a note (Part 1) (Quest item)

Now,..is there another secret quest out here?
Part 2 and 3 are fine coz they are quest items,..But from where did Part 1 droped into quests from?
*gasps*

DeletedUser

*Gasps!*..

Part 2 and 3 are fine coz they are quest items,..But from where did Part 1 droped into quests from?
*gasps*

Mistake, will fix it later.

DeletedUser

*Gasps!*..

*gasps*
nevermind...i just saw Morthy`s post above^^^^

DeletedUser

is there going to be a way to stop the animation with the guy hitting the hammer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes there is gonna be...ibelieve..some people in beta were also kind of distracted but really may i know wat u concentrate on in this game..u just have to give task ,isnt it ??perfection is decided by lp i believe

DeletedUser

I suspect that those who make a lot of money from sales to outsiders would oppose changes to current items in shops, while those of us who make next to nothing from sales would be happy to see some changes. It doesn't matter to me either way; I think the updates look good and I'll work with them however they decide to do them. Our town (I believe in both worlds where I play) already have the tailor and general store maxed, but there are always other options for getting needed items.

DeletedUser

Here's a compromise: reset the wait time between towns for all players.

It's only fair, if we're expected to traipse around collecting new items from other towns.

Or, I could join a new world and start dumping money into premium there. That seems to be the way I'm being pushed. It sure would be great for someone else's wallet, too, hm? :dry:

I like the Zzzzz's they make when sleeping. :)
I'm already bored of this thing. Waited two weeks hopping to see some good things happen and just realised it was a borring update :sad:. Tss if you're looking for me I'm in my field burying my premiums :dry: .

I'm really wonderring why I spent 362 hours during the last 5 monthes constructing in the town , to realise that those who don't lose so much time on this thing are always having better surprises :blink:.